Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The remake of Water.

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
kuro
Dragonheart91
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

The remake of Water. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Mana Shield at maximum level is 1-1 ratio. We might even nerf it so it takes off 1.5 points of mana for each point of damage.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:50 pm

The mana shield that was in the list was at 1.5 damage per mana. I have the same concern as Kuro as to how difficult water mages will become to kill with all of this extra regeneration, because they're already some of the most resiliant tank mages even in their current state.

Edit: I misread the list, mana shield's efficiency as stated would decrease as you leveled it up. Hopefully this isnt what you meant to propose.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Mana Shield (4 levels) [R]

Effect: Activates a shield that absorbs 75% of damage received, using a mana points instead of health. Adds mana regen based on 0.6/0.8/1.0/1.2% of CURRENT mana.

Mana Cost: 25/30/35/40
Casting Type: Instant
Casting Range: Personal
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana per Health: 0.50/0.75/1.00/1.25
Skill Point Cost: 5/5/5/5

Total Skill Point Cost: 20

That's the mana shield suggested...It says Mana per Health but it should be Damage absorbed per point of Mana. I'll change that.

An average nuke does around 300-500 damage. Let's call it 400. That's something like a Basic Firebolt, Frost bolt etc. Let's say I get hit and I got 1000 mana as a Water mage. A 400 nuke, will do 225 damage to mana, and 100 damage to Health. That would bring him down to 775 mana. Now, according to Aqua, if you want to combo, you're doing around 600 mana, that would bring you down to 100 mana. Realistically, no one just throws a single spell at you. Something like an Orb will do damage close to 800-1000, completely taking up your mana. What's worse is something like Kiss of Ice, where it will pretty much take away all your mana, and regen. Do realize that not only can it be high regen, it's only high-regen for yourself.

If you were to go something like, Earth/Water - Using an Erupt, completely cripples you of that regen.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:56 pm

what is a "fair" mana regen to you, jay.j?

using an erupt would still leave me at 12.1 regen

or an average earthwater with 7.3...
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Lol, kuro. You fail to understand you have to have Mana shield UP to get that regen. Any attack on you not only diminishes your mana, but it diminishes your mana regen.

You have to not be attacked and have Mana shield up at the same time. Having mana shield up for the regen, means your mana is going to go down when you get attacked. Putting up the shield means you probably want some more mana though. It's really counter-intuitive. It's really counter-synergistic. Having any moment of polarity and the skill is useless. Keeping it at the balance where it's, according to you, imbalanced VERY hard to do, if not impossible against someone good >.>
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, I think it should take 1.5 points of mana to block 1 point of damage. Water mages do tank like mad, and they will have good regen. A mage like my Dark/Water that doesn't need to combo but just launches 1 spell then regens and repeats will have nearly infinite mana.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 am

Jay.J... last time I checked, mana shield was already good with 1.5 mana per damage.

It helped me tank a lot.

I wouldn't mind the regen... but its a bit much.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:49 am

The damage it absorbs is nerfed compared to the current one. It gives regen. I might be biased as I use Ice, and absolutely rape any Water mage. One Kiss, and their whole pool is gone. Followed by an orb...Ya. Not to mention I use it on Lightning, so Crack so it's always a Melee Orb and easy kisses.

Regardless - it's not like it's been accepted nor tested. This is all theory, and is pointless. It has to actually be made, and tested for anything to matter. Theory only takes you so far. I aknoledge it could be overpowered I just don't think it is currently. And even then, like I said I would rather see it above average than still weak.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 pm

I agree with kuro, it seems VERY imba ATM.

Let's answer this, what do you want from this element, a mobile mana fountain that's useless for anything else without a second element (It's curret state, just that more O.P.), or an element that can do something else besides that, perhaps with more versatility.

P.S.: You shouldn't argue only about 1 detail of water, but of water as a whole, then make it nearly balanced, test it, and correct the small imperfections.

P.S. #2: Think about water shield, is it completely necessary for it to add mana regen?
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Quote :
Regardless - it's not like it's been accepted nor tested. This is all theory, and is pointless. It has to actually be made, and tested for anything to matter. Theory only takes you so far. I aknoledge it could be overpowered I just don't think it is currently. And even then, like I said I would rather see it above average than still weak.

Theory only gets us so far. Some of think that it's balanced, some of us think it's overpowered. Statistically (Though it's a low sample) It's probably above average. Which is what I was aiming for anyway. This needs to, again be actually implemented and tested before it even matters.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm

I Forgot 1 P.S.

Forgotten P.S.: Theory can predict the future, aqua, not "know" the future, but yes predict it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The remake of Water.   The remake of Water. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The remake of Water.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2