Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water/Holy M-Spells

Go down 
4 posters

Rate this spell
Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_lcap40%Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_lcap0%Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_lcap20%Water/Holy M-Spells I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Water/Holy M-Spells Empty
PostSubject: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 12:39 am

Ok heres my thought for a water/holy m-spell...

Name:[here is a few i thought of, give more suggestions if you know some] Rebirth, Resurgence
Mana: 250-450
Effect: ressurects all creeps and mages in a designated AoE for 60-120 seconds.. after the time runs out all creeps will die and mages will respawn at their base
The AoE should be between 550 and 750

Skill points-10

this is the general idea.. give input and thoughts...

Last edited by Demonic_iTunes on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 12:53 am

M-spells generaly have one level, don't they? Other than that, better remake of my skill. T-up.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 12:54 am

ill edit that... ikinda guessed thats how it was i havnt played enough lately to see hows its working out so ill change it
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:41 am

a 'respawn random 4-5 creeps' effect with an advanced bless would be pretty good.

also needs a slight heal, 1*power hp per second and .4*mana per second ish. mostly for helping a base push.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:28 am

kuro wrote:
a 'respawn random 4-5 creeps' effect with an advanced bless would be pretty good.

also needs a slight heal, 1*power hp per second and .4*mana per second ish. mostly for helping a base push.

i disagree.. i think the units should be ressed with 100% health.. no heal per second is required as this would already INSANELY help a push that is at the opponents base with a good ammount of your units dead you could easily turn the tide of that fight with the spell as it is...

with would also be a great combination with holy nova... enough of your surrounding creeps are dead you could shoot this off then holy nova giving all the revived units good armor and healing the other units that hadnt died... would amount for awsome fights at the bases...
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:33 am

fire is AoE and stuns, and so is earth. so a fire-earth mspell would probably be a firey rock, volcano, or meteor.

water gives life, holy is holy. both having life-giving properties in common.
an instant creep res is nice but it has no help to your allies; other than creep help.

i dont see the water in this, its a good idea, but a heal mixed in would be good; also keep in mind the (.5 to 1)*power AoE heal to creeps would also help the push.

but it needs a MANA heal to be water! lol... i just really want an AoE mana heal Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:39 am

sorry i meant to add the watery part to the top...

btw it reses allies to... for the time of course and when time runs out the mages just respawn at the base... read the top

the wattery part is that the units could res in an effect that water would form together at their bodies and form the unit.. and when the tiem runs outs they explode in water.. would be a cool effect if its possible
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 am

then thats just a water clone :/

but if you create water + stick their souls into them that'd be VERY cool! its them but not them Razz

timer should either be random 40-60 seconds OR... give them like 40 mana and -1 mana every second, death on 0mana, OR... give them mana shield.

easiest to code would be the death timer i think.

Insert Name Here

Description: The mage creates liquid beings from moisture in the air and allows their fallen allies' souls to embody them.

Effect: Raises up to 6 of the mage's fallen allies over 3 seconds.

Raised units: last for 40-60 seconds. deal 40% less damage than normal units, and take 20% less damage from attacks and spells.

it could also be 20% more from melee and 20% less from spells, or vice versa- i just thought that, being water, they should be less physical and yet not be able to be OBLITERATED by enemy mages.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:18 am

I like the idea if kuro's, but it feels like it wont be a very good allied mage support spell, which is what i personally feel Water/Holy needs, in order to fit what it does. It does take the idea of both water and light into account well, though. I see this beong a pushing spell, and Water/Holy is a terrible mage for pushing, i know from experience. I can Holy Nova, but other mages still rip the units to shreds. This doesn't seem like what it needs/will work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:23 am

what kuro suggests makes it a pretty weak m-spell... and isnt very supportive.. i stand beside my idea!
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:24 am

yours is OP. res ALL nearby creeps and ALL nearby heroes!?!? thats totally OP.

i stand beside my suggestion and lagger's mana/hp suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:27 am

Yours works very similar to Kuro's, hers can be tweaked till its stronger. the mass rez idea doesn't work well for a support mage, bcause its too carry/push based, at least the ways that you propose. Jay.j's sacrificial instant rez could work, but i think that even it would have trouble being useful more than a few times per game, which i personally try to lean away from for an M-Spell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 am

ok heres my next suggestion that kinda goes off your idea..

all creeps res as little water minion type things that are weaker then the creeps.. a little lower health and damage with no armor aside from bless or holy nova if they get it that have a 40-60 second timer.. all mages res as water elementals with a couple water spells [mana shield, and something else] and they last until their timer runs out it wouldn't last long for lower lvls so it wouldn't make them overpowered with same damage as high lvls but would be useful for 62s waiting for their timer... btw the mages timer is their res timer you see at the top right corner of screen... once a creep or mages timer runs out it explodes in water.. and mages simply resurrect at their base
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Yay Kuro Smile. You used colors. Too bad you still lack punctuation/capitlization. Regardless, I still prefer Demonic's remake of the skill. They only last for a minute which isn't that long to get down an NPC hero, but is still very useful.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:17 pm

demonic's new suggestion intrigues me.

being able to do something while you're dead, lol. needs a bit of balancing, either its useful or not. i think that ressurrecting your ally with the long timer would be more useful than letting them run around as water elementals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:30 pm

you could make it so it reses creeps as water minions and mages as their normal selves for 1 minute then after the minute the mages would simply re-ressurect at their base
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 pm

I actually like that idea, except I think it would be 2 weak that way. The creeps should res as water elementals and the mages res as the water morph Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:12 pm

ya but like kuro said if mages ressed as water morph it would just be better to be ressed with ressurect so they get their spells and such..

EDIT: unless you make it so that you could still res them while they are in water morph which would just put them into their normal form.. or somethin like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water/Holy M-Spells   Water/Holy M-Spells Empty

Back to top Go down

Water/Holy M-Spells
Page 1 of 1