Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

7.21 suggestions

Go down 
+2
Balnazzar
Dragonheart91
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:51 am

Water Spike level 1 is fine, but level 2 and 3 seem almost worthless to get. I suggest this:

Damage: 3.0/4.0/5.0*Power
Slowing: 20% for 3/4/5 seconds
Mana Cost: 125/140/155
Skill Point Cost: 5/4/4

Dust Devil just looked terrible from what I saw. I don't see any reason why it would be better than Granite Grenade at mid-long range or Fissure at short range. For now, I suggest reducing the skill point cost drastically, increasing the aoe and/or casting range, and adding an effect that literally blinds (blanks out the screen) players hit by it for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. (That might be too much and too obnoxious, but I'm sure you will tweak it as necessary.)

I won't disclose the new -anns feature, but I like it and think it should stay. (Even though it slightly nerfs and buffs things across the board, it didn't seem to throw off the balance TOO much. Although Unholy Aura was very nice.) Anyway, I do have a suggestion about the exp/gold. In a 6v6 game it's fine, but a 3v3 or smaller game can go on for MANY hours currently. I suggest increasing the rewards for killing a hero drastically, and/or increasing the exp/gold multiplier even more depending on the number of players in the game. (Same as now for 5v5 and 6v6, but maybe 10x exp and 13x gold for 4v4, 13(exp)/16(gold) for 3v3, 15/19 for 2v2, and 18/22 for 1v1.

I also think some tweaking and/or reorganizing of Water might still be in order, but it's decent for now.

And I'll just again re-iterate that a seige unit and/or increased aoe damage to towers would be nice, and the scaling of the NPC heroes would be VERY helpful in -anns or other low level games.

P.S. One of the stupid Murlocs is behind the Naga Royal Guard so he is hard as hell to target for shopping. There was another spot like this on the Dark island, and there are probably more than that. Fix those if you get a chance please. Although really, why are there 4 instead of just 1?
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:00 am

I agree that DD (Dust Devil) needs to be redone/removed.

I also agree with the siege unit and the awful locations of the Basic Elemental Sets Sellers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-31

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:01 am

I can't comment on the new feature because u wont disclose it >_> but I agree with every other point, ESPECIALLY the exp/gold multipliers for the AoS part. Honestly, I've never gotten to play a 6v6. I also think there should be a wider variety of units for the aos, as well as a wider variety of potions. If the players could control more units (maybe invest in food etc. etc.) then that would also help for everything.

Oh well, before I hijack this thread, I'll just agree with everything except the -ann because idk wat it is...

EDIT: Kay, something else is the level cap. I think that the mage should have a really small growth in all stats, like 0.25-0.5/level. That way, theres no real wall to hit. Just something that should happen imo >.>
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:06 pm

DD will have a reduced Skill Cost and Will be Buffed for Next Version.
Water Spike will be receiving the same treatment.

I will also change where those two Shops are located, My Bad.
There are 4 Shops to accommodate future Item additions. The Number of Shops actually is Indicative of how many Items I have ready to be put into the game.

Thank you for not disclosing ANNS mode yet, I have more changes to make before Im ready to publish that Idea.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Psh i like Dust Devil buuuuuuuuuuuut its range is horrible....
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:08 pm

So all of the items your planning to add are things for the Elemental Islands?

Another suggestion, I still think we should tier the items. How about drastically reducing the cost of all items above tier 1 and then giving them requirements of having other items before you can buy them. It would be a pretty quick fix that would hopefully get people to buy lower items.

E.G. Claw Staff has it's price cut in half but it requires you to have a Paw Staff to buy it. You can basically do that across the board with a bunch of different items.

It does seem that a couple of people like Dust Devil, but I still say that Granite Grenade does the job better at long range and Fissure does the job better at short range. If your looking for a mid-range initiator, then it should be focused on movement and/or a stun and/or a slow or something else rather than just a flat out damage move. (Which is more of a harassing thing than an initiator.) Maybe reduce the damage some and give it the stun from Interrupt and then combine the two abilities. THAT is more what Earth needs IMO, and it solves the problem of waiting on a remake for Interrupt at the same time. Two birds with one stone ftw. (Although it still leaves Earth needing a new spell.)

P.S. I was wrong when I said that Earthquake and Granite Grenade replaced Dust Devil, it's more like Granite Grenade and Fissure. Earthquake is a different class of thing.
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
So all of the items your planning to add are things for the Elemental Islands?

Another suggestion, I still think we should tier the items. How about drastically reducing the cost of all items above tier 1 and then giving them requirements of having other items before you can buy them. It would be a pretty quick fix that would hopefully get people to buy lower items.

E.G. Claw Staff has it's price cut in half but it requires you to have a Paw Staff to buy it. You can basically do that across the board with a bunch of different items.

NO. NO. NO.

If you would do that, I'd think you should also implement some form of storage other than equipping.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Why? You just get your early item...and upgrade it? Why would you need any storage.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Why? You just get your early item...and upgrade it? Why would you need any storage.

IDK actually. i just want storage Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7.21 suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7.21 suggestions   7.21 suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

7.21 suggestions
Page 1 of 1