Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions PLEASE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:02 am

I need a map to make.

Tonight.

I'm motivated for many reasons I don't wish to appear to wish to discuss, but would actually disclose in vague metaphor if anyone expressed interest.

I'm also a little drunk right now.

Give me something to do.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Metaphor please.

A map based purely on chance.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:16 pm

How about using one of your physics engines to make an RPG style map with unique spells and bosses and etc.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:18 pm

I'll need more details Dragon, but I like the idea, gimme a general map setup, like dungeon/boss or just boss boss boss boss. And following that, some hero, spell, and boss ideas.

Basically, there was this wall, I'd been trying to find a door through it for a long time, walking along its length for my entire adult life. Then suddenly, I see a section that's wobbling, and, like an idiot, I walk over to investigate and it tumbles down on top of me.

The wall is open, but I got crushed by it and didn't ever find a door.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:21 pm

How drunk are you?

I was thinking dungeon+boss at the end. Probably multiple mini-bosses between or multiple dungeons. Various secrets with loot hidden in the dungeon with a randomizer so that the secrets are always in different places. Abilities involving jumping, using heights to your advantage, and etc. Bosses having attacks that dealt mostly with positioning and maybe unique interactive terrain especially in boss areas to use against them.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm no longer drunk, but since I promised a metaphor, a metaphor I delivered.

Should it be like a super dangerous map where a few simple mistakes fuck you up and healing is rare/difficult? Or should it be standard RPG with healers and shit like that?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:46 pm

I think there should be low hp on everything so it stays intense and just a few mistakes pwn you, BUT outside of battle there should be powerful healing and/or high regeneration. That way each individual encounter is difficult but it's not an endurance test.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:36 pm

I just combined my status system and damage detection system to allow for a full control of the auto attack already present in WC3.

Basically I've decided I'm going to make Ragnarok Online in WC3, in whatever map genre I choose with my format, my stats, my resistances, my formulas, and my creative control, of course. The only necessarily similar features will be the fact that cast speeds and spell cooldowns will scale, and attacking is automatic after clicking the target. Although I must admit, their character attribute system was pretty influential in the initial design of the status system.

I also worked out the problem with my Status System not being able to initialize by copying only the crucial pieces of the CasterSystem into a new trigger, I could attempt to do this for MM&M, but more parts are used in that map, it might not work.

Eventually I'll probably capitalize on my terrain randomizer to make the map more interesting, after I get all the hero stats and some abilities worked out.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 am

Hows about you figure out the programming of HoN and help me out when the Map Editor comes out? I'll get you a free beta key and possibly a free pre-purchased account if you do well enough. Might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:50 am

Sounds cool, good luck Pyth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions PLEASE   Suggestions PLEASE Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions PLEASE
Page 1 of 1