Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

M-spell Suggestions

Go down 
+4
DarkDjinni
Dragonheart91
Rhys
SkapeGoat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Invis cloak?

M-spell Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Name says it all. Since all the other topics were deleted
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Many are very aware I took away Invisible from the Mbooks, when this was originally presented as my plan for a major balance issue (IMO) the reaction was fairly brutal. I do understand where everyone is coming from on this because invisible is such a powerful ability combined with other elements this balance change alone nerfed about 3-4 strategies in one shot.

This thread is not going to be a justification for that, some things are simply out of the communities control, however I personal like to think of myself as a map maker more of a community organized one then a straight coder so I feel the need to come to a middle ground with everyone on this issue.

So My proposal is simple. Make a Balanced Multi Spell comprised of Wind and Another Element that Involves Invisibility in some form or another, do not restrict your ideas based on complexity or being to over powering, if any issues like that occur from your greatest suggestions I will tone it down myself. So Basically what I'm saying is Invisibility is indeed taken from each Mbook however I want to make a Mspell giving a Single Mbook Invisibility in some form.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Dark/Wind should have invisibility in their M-spell if any does. Either that, or Earth or Water. Those are the 3 candidates IMO.

Anyway, the removal of Invisibility bothered me less, the fact that it was replaced with some of the worst skills from the other elements hurt alot more. Also, the other skills that got switched (although they might have been the best choices -I haven't checked-) also hurt some of the books.

Anyway, I don't think the reaction was that brutal and people will get over it. Don't let it get you down.
Back to top Go down
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 pm

I Agree with Dragon with the Dark/Wind. But it would like it more if it was Dark/Lightning, because that was one of the fatal figures in a strategy, being replaced by thunderbolt is just crippling lol. Oh and this topic wasnt made just for wind M-spell should be here for all m-spells
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 pm

SkapeGoat wrote:
I Agree with Dragon with the Dark/Wind. But it would like it more if it was Dark/Lightning, because that was one of the fatal figures in a strategy, being replaced by thunderbolt is just crippling lol. Oh and this topic wasnt made just for wind M-spell should be here for all m-spells

EDIT: Stupid mistake by me.
Terrible sentence by Skape.

Last edited by DarkDjinni on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:16 am

Do you mean Dark/Wind or Lightning/Wind Djinni ?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 pm

No name suggestion/ No Element suggestion
Global - Chanelling
Turns all allied mages invisible while channeling. 2second fade time. Casts/Attacks will break invisibility, but you can fade back. Maybe some other secondary effect like a slow...or mana regen or something. I don't really know maybe AoE global Invis is strong enough.

Umm another idea is a sort of reverse faerie fire. Single target cast on someone, and all enemy units around it will be invisible, even when casting. So instead of having vision of the target, the target doesn't have vision of anyone around him.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:20 pm

I like the second idea greatly. Instead of causing you to turn invisible literally blind the opponent so everything seems invisible. Of course both suggestions seem horribly over powered. Ill see what I can make out of it but keep the suggestions coming because this probably will be a dead end.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:43 pm

I think the second one sounds good too. There are good ways to counter invis.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Well dark wind is all about speed and single target really so here is a m-spell for that:
Eerie Breeze:
Unit is turned invisible and appears next to the target unit still cloaked. Invisibility lasts 10 seconds and the target is slowed for 10 seconds. Mid range low mana cost and cd.

Wind lightning is about positioning and aoe soooo
Lightning Vortex:
Channel 1 second, creates a lightning vortex at the casters position dealing 4*power damage a second. The churning winds make it impossible to see those in the vortex, invisible to all in vortex as long as vortex is being channeled. Channel for 5 seconds. High mana cost, 20 sec cd.

Numbers might need a bit of work since I haven't played for a while but the ideas should work fine. Note on lightning vortex, that it will have a be a rather draining spell so it will be hard to chain both clap and crack on top of it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm

There's already Clap and Vortex. I like the idea of an aoe invisibility to everyone around you though. (Including enemies and self I assume.) Maybe keep that, but drop the channeled and make any enemy who is revealed inside the aoe be hit by a Lightning Strike. (They get revealed when they cast or attack.) And it lasts like 10-15 seconds with 500ish aoe a respectable mana cost, and 1 second fade time on invisible units. (So it can protect allies by making the invisible and also strong discourages casting from enemies. It's a great defense ability and can be a great offense when you force your opponent's into a situation where they have to cast.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Quote :
I like the second idea greatly. Instead of causing you to turn invisible literally blind the opponent so everything seems invisible. Of course both suggestions seem horribly over powered. Ill see what I can make out of it but keep the suggestions coming because this probably will be a dead end.

Which is why no numbers were really suggested a long side it - as the very concept is very powerful. That, and it depends on what book it goes a long with, since it depends on how the actual mage works as a whole. Not so that it becomes a one trick pony. For example, the second spell might be overpowered with an Earth mage - soon as he's close he's invisible too? I don't think so. But with something like water, where you're more long range anyway - not so much. On the other hand, being a water and long range, having a global where you're normally chilling anyway isn't so bad - but on an Earth/Wind (Even though it has a spell) you're more likely wanting to get in the fray yourself.

But ya - just tossing out some ideas.

Here's another one.

Makes all enemy units invisible (Or single cast). However, in this state the enemy takes more damage. Used properly, with truesight it's a good debuff - otherwise you're just helping your enemies if you just run away after using it.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:10 pm

the aoe invisible suggestion seem really weak to my for being an M-spell...I mean I really don't see how they synergies with these books which really are hurting because they got a decent skill replaced with crap. I mean if this is added, look at what it is replacing please and tell me how the book would be better off with this skill over the old one?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:38 am

diaster does raise an interesting point. Right now they will have Suffocation or an equally good ultimate from the other element. Whatever we put in has to be at least as good as that. If it's going in a damage book, it should probably be a damaging spell. Dark/Wind is like the ultimate assassin, so I do think it should get a damage and invis M-spell. Wind/Lightning is a close range powerhouse, so a damage based M-spell is probably needed there too. The rest can go either way IMO.

P.S. Although if Dark/Wind or Lightning/Wind are too powerful, they could be given an M-spell with little synergy such as a more support oriented spell to "nerf" the books.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:00 am

the books are no where near 2 powerful, the lightning is a close range nuker, dark wind is an assassin that w/o suffocate might not even be able to do that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:05 am

Which reminds me, I still don't think gear should boost [C] spells. Maybe Whirl Wind and Suffocation should be switched in Wind and then buff Whirl Wind a bit. ([Z] does seem to be the primary damage spell in most elements anyway.)

I'll go make a suggestion on that.
Back to top Go down
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 pm

I agree with Dragon, and I like both of diasters suggestions. He hit the nail on the head, I agree completly. I think that the Dark wind spell would be amazing and create many new strategies.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:43 am

Also since holy needs a m-spell and were on the topic of holy spells
holy wind to my knowledge has no nitch (unless changed in new versions as per my suggestion) but assuming my suggestion were followed it would be a support assassin.

Blinding winds
All enemy units within XXX of the caster are unable see. (either invisible all to them or, black their screen.) The winds remain around the caster for XX seconds (not a channeling spell)

if my suggestions weren't follow and it is still a random mass of skills w/ no synergy, I guess this would work

Healing Breeze
All allied units within XXX gain XX health, X mana a second and XXX bonus movement speed. Last XX seconds. (again not channeling)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:53 am

Holy/Wind should be alot of disables and heals with Invisibility in my opinion. (If it's a support book it can have Invisibility.) Maybe I'll make a suggestion based on that.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:28 am

Water - fire/water, dark/water, earth/water
Earth - dark/earth, earth/water, earth/wind
Fire - fire/dark, fire/water
Dark- dark/earth, dark/fire
Wind - earth/wind
Lightning - none
Holy- none
Ice- none

I suggest ice/lightning: superconductor. The mage freezes nearby surroundings so that electricity has 0 resistance and 100% conductivity. Approximately 8-10 hero-sized frost nova looking ice blocks appear at random places around the mage. Lightning jumps from ice-block to ice-block, dealing damage in a medium AoE around each block as a lightning hits it, equal to 1/2 lightning strike.

Idea 2: superconductor: creates a small cluster of ice-blocks in an area (area-targeted, but still more or less random in that area) pretty much doing the same thing as above. Each "strike" has 150-200AoE (slightly bigger than melee).

Idea 3: superconductor: pretty much summons a bunch of ice-blocks in an area that hurt anything that touches them. If they try to run, they make an easy target for your other spells. They will take damage whether they plan on staying put or fleeing.

Wind/Holy: Holy Zephyr: Passively increases ally (including your) MS by 5%, attack/armor by 5, hp/mp regen by .5%. When activated, increases ms by x3, attack/armor by x10, and both regens by x30. Lasts 1 second.

Secondary idea, possibly for another mbook: Adrenaline/Time travel/accelerate: "Accelerates" all nearby allies by making them travel through time for a short period (1.5 seconds). AS = 200%, MS = 140%, regen = 2000% (if someone had 10 hp regen, they would recover 300hp.

Dark/Wind: (Global) Blindness: All enemies get 60% vision. For every unit within 600 they are to you, they lose an additional .1% sight. More effective at night. Enemy heroes lose vision of their allied creepwaves. The closest hero (within 600) loses allied sight completely.

A bit sketchy... though I've seen ultimates in other games that make your screen go BLACK if you're within the AoE.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
ThePeoplesChamp
Novice Mage
Novice Mage

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Lightning / Wind

The Perfect Storm

mage levitates above the ground and channels a massive storm. Winds swirl in a (medium) aoe, slowing enemies by 10/20/30%. Lighning bolts strike random units (heroes have precedence) for 1/1.5/2.0 power every 4 seconds. Storm lasts a maximum of 20 seconds, but again must be channeled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-spell Suggestions   M-spell Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

M-spell Suggestions
Page 1 of 1