Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pythagoras's Changelog

Go down 
+4
kuro
Dragonheart91
SinisteRing
Piddagoras
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

Pythagoras's Changelog Empty
PostSubject: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:08 am

These changes are not necessarily included in any public release of the map.
They are here for reference and general interest.

Planned Changes or Rewrites:
Quote :
-ressurection
-earthquake (easy, just replace with Aoe.create)
-firewall (Aoe nonchanneling special filter maybe new struct extends Aoe)
-sanctuary
-thunderstorm (fucking mess)
-phase shift (Triggersleepaction)
-wind walk
-demonic control (summon spell)

-summons scaling with stats
-summoning limit

I will update these lists whenever I have new changes to announce.
The changes below are already completed and will be sent to Rhys when I feel they are ready for public testing and release.
The date listed is the date that the change was coded during.

Feel free to comment on the changes, or request changes of this nature in this thread.

8/03/08
Water and Dark Related Changes
-Recoded Cursed Waves, new visual effect and picks new target if the current target is dead or out of range

Earth Related Changes
-Recoded Armageddon, damage now updates every 1/10 of a second
-Recoded Fissure, no longer dependant on dummy ability for stun, stun now correctly effects all units in damage range
-Recoded Erupt, now correctly uses circular randomization, as opposed to rectangular, timing is now explicit

8/02/08
Wind Related Changes
-Cyclone and whirlwind now stun for 1/4 of the base hero duration of the cyclone
-Fixed long time bug with whirlwind where normal units were not cycloned for the full normal unit duration
-Fixed long time bug with whirlwind where units would be cycloned for the full cyclone duration and not take damage upon landing
-Graphical effect added to cyclone landing

Fire and Ice Related Changes
-wrote orb system to handle ice and fire orbs, includes rewriting both spells
-new orb system should mean icy orb doesnt bug out and not shoot missles anymore
-moved precise strike and flaming essence to separate library to facilitate orb system
-fixed location leak in fire orb
-stunning missles can now correctly stun units that are not visible, still working on getting slow to work.
-updated missles that slow and stun to use UnitStunTarget and UnitSlowTarget, will add more types of effects and replace all other buffs with this system in the future
-frost nova's item bonus is now correctly doubled with freezing orb
-frost bolt's item bonus is now correctly halved with icey orb

Older Changes
-Reworked current structs (HeroStruct, UnitStruct, MissileStruct) to use create() and destroy() methods to recycle old indexes
-Rewrote Magician's Push to be timer based
-Rewrote Ice Slide to be timer based
-Wrote an aimed version of Lightning Strike
-Reorganized Sinkhole to be much more efficient (Should no longer cause lag)
-Wrote system for explicitly timed stuns and cyclones (Ex: Enables the stunning someone for 1 second per 20 power, or for 3.1415926 seconds) This system is not in use yet.
-Wrote Channeling system and then recoded the following spells using the system:
-Recoded Flame Strike
-Recoded Geyser
-Recoded Vortex
-Recoded Burn+Armor drain effect persists throughout duration until channeling is cancelled now
-Recoded Suffocation+Silence effect persists throughout duration until channeling is cancelled now
-Recoded Heal
-Recoded Restore
-Recoded Life Leech

Changes that overlap with Rhys's
-Morph bug fixed through Disable Other Abilities flag on morph and unmorph dummy abilities
-Holy Shrine renamed

Last edited by Pythagoras on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 am

do you think you might be able to make vortex make like a mini hurricane that spins around the mage casting? that would be sooooo cool though I can't imagine how it would be done...
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:04 am

diaster wrote:
do you think you might be able to make vortex make like a mini hurricane that spins around the mage casting? that would be sooooo cool though I can't imagine how it would be done...

You mean like add a model? or like move units?
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:40 am

i think he means just an effect, all spells could use some sort of graphic effect anyway. (a cyclone effect here)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Smile A lot of good fixes here. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:04 am

I want to point out that Cursed Waves was intended to shoot Crushing Wave - Carrion Swarm - Crushing Wave - Carrion Swarm - Crushing Wave. But, SinisteRing never figured out how to code it right. If you get a chance Pythagoras, that was an intended change you could do.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I want to point out that Cursed Waves was intended to shoot Crushing Wave - Carrion Swarm - Crushing Wave - Carrion Swarm - Crushing Wave. But, SinisteRing never figured out how to code it right.
No, it was not intended to do that, actually. In fact, I could've coded it REALLY fast the way it was written. Fact is that I didn't WANT to make it do that at the time and still am unsure as to if it should. If Pyth wants to make it do this, then by all means he should.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 am

Then I misunderstood? You said it was going to do that in the new version to better represent the Dark side of the ability. Oh well, I still think it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Then I misunderstood? You said it was going to do that in the new version to better represent the Dark side of the ability. Oh well, I still think it would be cool.

I'm out of town and not coding at the moment, but the way Cursed Waves works now is that it shoots a carrion crushing wave. Although the statistics of the missle dont depend on carrion swarm at the moment. I was planning on making it depend on the swarm level and spawn locusts accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Cool, so it will do 3.75*power/2 and spawn locusts? That sounds awesome. (Also, will it have the +150 range and any other bonuses from items?)
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Cool, so it will do 3.75*power/2 and spawn locusts? That sounds awesome. (Also, will it have the +150 range and any other bonuses from items?)

Sinister already included the item bonus to range, if I remember correctly. It already does 1.875*power, but it only uses the crushing wave level to determine damage. I thought about just using the average of wave and swarm.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 pm

If you mean the elemental bonus's from the water gear I would like to suggest not doing it, it sounds great and all, and maybe even somewhat logical if your going to just plain out say that this mspell is simply adding these two spells together, but the way I see it, is its got its own name, its not crushing wave, setting a precedence here with having elemental gear affect unique spells in Mbooks is a big step... one that I'm inclined to actually see happen eventually because its a cool idea, but I don't think we should start here with this, if anything we should have it balanced and ready to go with each element having a elemental gear piece that can help one of the elements MSpells, which would mean 8 total gear pieces should be changed in the same version.

Now I'm not opposed to that I just think if we are going to do this it should be done at the same time to make this specific mspell not over powered in comparison to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm opposed to elemental gear that helps M-spells. It gives some reason to use dual singlebooks over M-book/Single book. I think the game should be balanced for both otherwise a lot of "C" spells won't be used at all. I see few people using Single/Single NOW. With gear, it will probably be no one.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 6:36 pm

The spell description is that it shoots half power Crushing Waves. What part of that means it shouldn't get all the damage from a half power Crushing Wave? After Pythagoras is done with it and it does like 1.6x power or whatever and spawns locusts and had it's own range, then I could see the gear bonus being removed as it wouldn't be a Crushing Wave anymore. But, right now it shoots Crushing Waves, and like Icy Orb it should get the normal bonus.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 pm

touche
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 8:17 pm

I think that single element ultis should be on the same scale as the M-book spells and that to use M-book spells you should have to get both books ultis, maybe force the M-spells to instead require each books f or x spell instead?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 9:25 pm

I was under the impression you needed both C spells to get an M-book spell. If not then...wtf? Single books should be just as good as Multibooks, just different combinations can be used and such. More often then not the Mbooks > Single books, which is why the M-books shouldn't be upped by gear.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 pm

what about sinkhole?

certainly doesnt match earthen skin + sea elemental morph, but hey thats what it is anyways, if anything it would be geyser and fissure for requirement. I agree that skills should require the 2 ultis in each book but at the same time since it is basically like your combining two ultis the resulting ulti should be stronger, even if just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 pm

@ Jay: Ya they need both of the single books c spells and if the M-Spells are truly to be of the same level of the single book c spells, the single c spells shouldn't be prereqs to the M-spells. x spells are difficult to get and required for c spells along with the f spells. Though I think both x spells or maybe both z spells should be the prereq for M-spells since if the M-spells are suppose to be equal in power to the single c spells they should be of equal difficulty to get.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Excuse me, I'm primary Dark/Water and I love Cursed Waves. In addition, I have not learned the Dark "C Spell" Inferno. So, you are obviously wrong in at least one case, and considering that there are only three multi-books, that is significant. Cursed Waves requires nothing besides having the book and both Dark and Water elements to my knowledge. In fact, it might not even have that many requirements. Someone should test getting a multibook with an M-spell when they don't have those elements to see if it even requires that much.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Regardless of what IS the requirements, it SHOULD be both "C" spells, but diaster brings up a good point in that if it's on the same level of other "C" spells, it shouldn't have as many requirements so it could be "X" or "Z" spells.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 12:20 am

I would prefer this change not take place until the next code reset, as it would require me to magically get 25ish skill points before being able to use my favorite ability again.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Excuse me, I'm primary Dark/Water and I love Cursed Waves. In addition, I have not learned the Dark "C Spell" Inferno. So, you are obviously wrong in at least one case, and considering that there are only three multi-books, that is significant. Cursed Waves requires nothing besides having the book and both Dark and Water elements to my knowledge. In fact, it might not even have that many requirements. Someone should test getting a multibook with an M-spell when they don't have those elements to see if it even requires that much.

This is actually due to a bug, Cursed Waves, most likely for testing purposes, has its techtree requirements set to false in 7.11, and since Rhys probably hasnt fixed it yet, that's the reason you can use cursed waves without having infernal.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 pm

I was unaware noone mentioned it to me, Ill change it for 7.13
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Rhys wrote:
I was unaware noone mentioned it to me, Ill change it for 7.13

Its hard to notice unless you're using the spell test trigger to add the ability to the hero without having put any skill points into anything yet, lol, don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pythagoras's Changelog   Pythagoras's Changelog Empty

Back to top Go down

Pythagoras's Changelog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next