Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Communism, Capitalism And Nazism

Go down 
+6
Piddagoras
Rhys
Dragonheart91
SinisteRing
BashAndSmash
Balnazzar
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Wich is better?
Communism
Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Capitalism
Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Nazism
Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Like I had said earlier.

Jay.J wrote:
Really, this boils down to a nurture versus nature debate...

I believe, given the right environment and culture, people won't be so corrupt. That is, with the right nature people won't become so corrupt. Even on the nature side, part of that is evolutionary. Being slightly greedy would benefit a person in that they would fulfill their needs, even past their needs and have excess and have better chance of reproduction. However, if this is filtered out and these kind of traits are looked down upon by culture, they too can be filtered out on the genetic level. I mean it's not likely, but it's there.

On the thing about regulation and stuff, I had said that certain jobs would just be harder to get to depending on the need of the country. We would still have supply and demand. Even if people tried to abuse their credits to get more than they should, it wouldn't work out long term. There would be a country wide price for everything. You would just have to compromise what fits your needs with your budget. Everyone has the same budget though.

The real problem I see with communism is starting it up. I don't think it's realistic to start one up at all. I think if it was started up, and given 2-3 generations to find a good balance, it would all work out. I just don't think that, at this point in time of the history of man would we be able to get that far without it becoming corrupt. I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist. People are, and will be corrupt. I do think that it's possible to eliminate that to an extent however.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Quote :
I believe, given the right environment and culture, people won't be so corrupt.

I believe the same thing, and i believe capitalism favours corruption.

Quote :
The real problem I see with communism is starting it up.

Everything is hard to start up, Jay, even capitalism was.

Quote :
I just don't think that, at this point in time of the history of man would we be able to get that far without it becoming corrupt. I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist. People are, and will be corrupt. I do think that it's possible to eliminate that to an extent however.

I'm not completely sure of what you meant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Quote :
People are, and will be corrupt. I do think that it's possible to eliminate that to an extent however.
Then I suppose we have reached both an agreement and a disagreement. I don't believe that corruption can be eliminated to any meaningful extent to allow a communist system to exist.

I'm satisfied with that outcome for this debate.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:27 pm

High-five.

You don't think it could be eliminated on the genetic level though? Through generations and generations of making people who are easily corrupted, or greedy etc. to just not have kids. If the environment is like that...I think it could be filtered. I mean, right now it's not filtered at all, and if anything looked up too. Crime pays. Ever seen idiocracy? I'm thinking something like that .... but for greed instead of stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:39 pm

I don't think self-interest is genetic, nor is it wholly environmental. Newborns take years to even consider the concept that other beings have thoughts and feelings. Some cultural changes could be put in place, but I don't think that would be enough to allow it to work.

Also, controlling breeding to create a more perfect race of humans sounds a lot like one of the primary tenets of the third option on the poll Razz
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah, i added Nazim because it tought there were a few nazis on the forums Razz.

I still think the current level of corruption is because of society, a capitalist society.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Hehe, what can I say - couldn't vote for both MIRight? Razz

But really, I was thinking just "Natural selection" in that selfishness would not be a desirable quality, and would do away with in time. Although that baby thing is very true....Baby's are so selfish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communism, Capitalism And Nazism   Communism, Capitalism And Nazism - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Communism, Capitalism And Nazism
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2