Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Human Mind

Go down 
+8
killll
diaster
kuro
Jay.J
Siddha
SinisteRing
Dragonheart91
ÐeathByCyanide
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

The Human Mind - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 pm

That's choosing to remain ignorant.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:17 pm

now your putting down my own beliefs.. i dont believe in this.. i have tried before and different things but i dont believe it and you are calling me ignorant?!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Quote :
i will never eva eva EVA believe this for a second...

That's the definition of ignorant. Saying you wont EVER do something (Even if proven). Do realize I don't believe in this, but I don't deny it either.

Quote :
i dont believe in this..

I don't believe you exist.

Quote :
i have tried before and different things but i dont believe it and you are calling me ignorant?!

I'm saying the first quote in this post is ignorant. It's like saying your argument is wrong by pointing out facts/flaws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Quote :
i will never eva eva EVA believe this for a second...

That's the definition of ignorant. Saying you wont EVER do something (Even if proven). Do realize I don't believe in this, but I don't deny it either.

Quote :
i dont believe in this..

I don't believe you exist.

Quote :
i have tried before and different things but i dont believe it and you are calling me ignorant?!

I'm saying the first quote in this post is ignorant. It's like saying your argument is wrong by pointing out facts/flaws.

really i dont exist? i guess im air typing on some random guys keyboard than...

and if this was proven.. and not just bush's saying its real actualys PROOVEN.. then i will believe it but until i get solid proof i dont believe this for a second...
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Demonic, I'm somewhat with you and somewhat not. I believe that this is possible by making your mind play tricks on you, and thus it's unreal... but it's real to your mind and thus it is real. It truly depends on your definition of reality.

P.S. The people on YouTube are pretty fanatic about this. Search it.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
really i dont exist? i guess im air typing on some random guys keyboard than...

Nope. You're a figment of my sub conscience. I created you and this world when I came into existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

Quote :
and if this was proven.. and not just bush's saying its real actualys PROOVEN.. then i will believe it but until i get solid proof i dont believe this for a second...

How would one prove it, if it solely exists on the person doing it, in the sense that the very act of believing is what causes it to be real?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:38 pm

when someone blows my arm off with an invisible ball of "electricity" or w/e then ill believe thats proof enough...

as far as anyone knows this is simply static electricity...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Quote :
when someone blows my arm off with an invisible ball of "electricity" or w/e then ill believe thats proof enough..

No one ever said it was that powerful. Don't see anyone making that claim. Putting words in peoples mouths. I call strawman argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman

Quote :
as far as anyone knows this is simply static electricity...

It's still a Psi-Ball. No one said what caused it - just that it "Exists".

Note: If you haven't noticed I'm just messing around with you, as it's really fun. You react so funny Razz. Keep going.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 pm

uberpwned again.

(off topic: rofl jay locked the cat argument right after I posted, so it looks like I win, but unfortunatally it didnt give Sin a chance to post, which I know he would have loved too.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

i know you are but im still fighting my case Twisted Evil

scratch that im still going...

psi does not mean electricity.. it means pchychic energies and such which is what im arguing do not exist.. you cannot make a ball of psynomic energy and feel the temperature change and such...

like i said what these guys are feeling is simply the static electrcity that built up by rubbing their hands.. the temperature change that they make seem dramatic is just the empty space in their hands cooling from how far apart they spread their hands.. the tingeling is static electricity.. and if they ARE feeling warmth as they spread their hands its just a figment of their imagination...

EDIT: i was just about to post a huge argument about it and it was for nothing... Sad

Last edited by Demonic_iTunes on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm

WINNAR!!!

Quote :
(off topic: rofl jay locked the cat argument right after I posted, so it looks like I win, but unfortunatally it didnt give Sin a chance to post, which I know he would have loved too.)

Mods/Admins can post in locked topics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 pm

you didnt win yet read my next argument...
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:51 pm

woah rofl I didn't realize I had been re-instated as an admin/mod. Sweet lol, looks like I win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 pm

re-instated? you were never removed... lol dumb...
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 pm

I was gone for a long time is your memory fails you... Which is most surely does on a daily basis...

j/k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 pm

i know you were.. but they never removed you while you were gone is what i was saying.. so technicaly you werent re-instated..
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I still win.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 pm

There's a topic if you should have been removed in the Admins corner. No one really replied, so I just let you be.

And demonic...it doesn't matter if it can be explained by science. The fact remains that it exists, and is there. If anything you just proved it exists - just it's a different name. It's like explaining a magic trick. It just doesn't seem as great, but it's the exact same thing. Granted, I never FULLY examined your explanation and it could be shit and barely backed up - but explaining it doesn't make it less real - it makes it more real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 pm

lol.. w/e you say haha

edit: w/e jay your such a conservatist...
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
i know you are but im still fighting my case Twisted Evil

scratch that im still going...

psi does not mean electricity.. it means pchychic energies and such which is what im arguing do not exist.. you cannot make a ball of psynomic energy and feel the temperature change and such...

like i said what these guys are feeling is simply the static electrcity that built up by rubbing their hands.. the temperature change that they make seem dramatic is just the empty space in their hands cooling from how far apart they spread their hands.. the tingeling is static electricity.. and if they ARE feeling warmth as they spread their hands its just a figment of their imagination...

EDIT: i was just about to post a huge argument about it and it was for nothing... Sad

*i can feel the temperature change.
*i do NOT rub my hands together.
*how is it that my hands feel hot because they are far apart and cooling? how does cooling make it hotter?
*static electricity from rubbing my hands- no. i did not rub my hands.
*if its a figment of my imagination why can other people feel the heat? does that mean we are all having hallucinations? maybe YOU'RE having a hallucination.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Like I believe in the conservative party? I don't see what that has to do with anything....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:07 pm

OMG I FEEL PRESSURED.. everyone just backoff... heh heh heh [hyperventalating]
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 pm

I'm a complete non-believer, but I am good at making myself believe for the sake of experiments. I just did a youtube thing along with the person, and it yielded really interesting results.

The goal was to create a chi ball, and then compress it, and then move it around to feel heat. It started well, and I followed all the steps, and I actually felt a pressure between my hands that kept them from coming together. When I began to push hard and look at the empty air the pressure disappeared, but when I closed my eyes and imagined the ball again I couldn't bring my hands together. I was actually VERY impressed by this, but as soon as I tried to move it around or do the fancy stuff with heat it completely vanished never to return. Even so, it was fairly interesting. I still believe it was completely a figment of my imagination/form of muscle fatigue until I can get better proof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 pm

wrote:
figment

EXACTLY.. woot high-five to dragon for assuring my point..
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Proof only makes it less interesting. The more you know the less you care. Ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Human Mind
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next