Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Human Mind

Go down 
+8
killll
diaster
kuro
Jay.J
Siddha
SinisteRing
Dragonheart91
ÐeathByCyanide
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

The Human Mind - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:19 am

Your not crazy, your just very good at photoshopping. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 am

I apologize for my skepticism. You who have little power and must be the above-average ones, born with amazing math abilities in order to save us all from impending doom. You must hone your gift of math by excercising your brain and focusing and developing it into a trigonometry weapon in order to defend the world.

I leave you with one last piece of insight:

Spoiler:
Save the mathgeek, save the world

Good luck.

This is just to show you how dumb your previous post is. Just fill in whoever and make them feel stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:55 am

kuro wrote:
I apologize for my skepticism. You who have little power and must be the above-average ones, born with amazing math abilities in order to save us all from impending doom. You must hone your gift of math by excercising your brain and focusing and developing it into a trigonometry weapon in order to defend the world.

Spoiler:
Save the mathgeek, save the world

Good luck.

This is just to show you how dumb your previous post is. Just fill in whoever and make them feel stupid.

The thing about the cheerleader was supposed to be a joking reference to the television show Heroes. I was hoping some of you might get it. Because if none of you get it, its not even a real joke. Sorry to have offended you, but I thought that arguing with you about whether or not what you appear to think is true is false didn't seem to be as constructive as making a joke about it to show you how ridiculous it all sounds to me.

I am truly sorry if I made you feel stupid, but I don't make a whole lot of people feel smart.

Edit: I'm pretty aware of the fact that I'm a mathgeek, so that isnt really a good way to try to insult me, in fact I derive a bit of pride from it. I don't think i've given up enough information about my insecurities on this forum or WC3 for many of you to actually strike a chord with me, although pissing you off with what I said comes close...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:52 am

I got the joke... (It was even moderately funny. Just not quite enough to post an lol.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 am

Quote :
I apologize for my skepticism. You who have this awesome power must be the chosen ones, gifted with psychic abilities in order to save us all from impending destruction. You must hone your gift of creating heat energy by tensing your muscles and focusing and resisting pain into weapons to defend humanity.

Spoiler:

Good luck.

I got the reference and thought it was hilarious. I actually laughed out loud. Heroes is a GREAT show. Very awesome. Peter is h4x though. The only problem with that show, is they can fix any loop holes with time travel and Peter...It's a VERY good show though. Kuro I suggest you watch it, half because it's epic, and half because it'll make you feel better if you get the reference of the joke.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 am

The Human Mind - Page 3 1199399564408
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Just FYI, the Heroes book was written before X-men comics I have been told. You would have to check the actual dates yourself, but Heroes was created before X-men got popular at the very least. Great minds think alike, it doesn't necessary mean they copy each other. (And as far as the powers being similar, that makes sense too. If you were developing mental/evolution based powers, and looking at real science, there would be a few logical conclusions. -Like regeneration.-)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm

lol i saw the commercial for heroes and a few bits and pieces of episodes but i never got around to watching it because 1- i could never find what channel it was on again and 2- i had stuff to do

but if a do find out what channel its on here in hawaii then sure ill watch it. the commericals look interesting.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:00 pm

kuro wrote:
lol i saw the commercial for heroes and a few bits and pieces of episodes but i never got around to watching it because 1- i could never find what channel it was on again and 2- i had stuff to do

but if a do find out what channel its on here in hawaii then sure ill watch it. the commericals look interesting.

You tube? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:01 pm

i'd rather play warcraft or post on these forums than watch it on youtube though tongue
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Ok WOAH. Hold on back on topic for a sec kthx. I went to that site that was posted at the beginning of this thread and did what it said and sort of felt something, and then a pretended to but this "ball" down on the desk and forgot about it but when I was typing about 30 seconds after I put it down my elbow landed on the spot that I put the ball and it was like 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the desk. WTF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:40 pm

nothing anyone here can say to make me believe this..
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 pm

No im a complete skeptic and thought it was a bunch of BS... ok thats actually not completally true but I truly did not believe it would really happen. Over the course of the summer I took a course about meditation and the mind at camp and it really enlightened me about the power of the mind. For instance, you can cover your arm in poison ivy and then focus on the fact that you don't have poison ivy, and as long as you keep that mindset the poison ivy wont effect you and stuff like that. You can cure yourself of colds by strongly believing that you don't have one. Try it sometimes and you'll feel better almost instantly.

Anyway, this shit works. I don't know how, but the human mind is freaking awsome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:45 pm

your full of crap rapid..
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Demonic.. don't blatently insult people, if you don't agree, post that you don't and be done with it... no need to insult people.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 pm

This one time, I fully support Demonic. This level of shit is so deep that it requires boots to be tread through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 pm

dragon dont act like you dislike me.. you support me all the time.. im just so logical!

but anyways yeah what dragon said... this is completely pointless BS
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Have you tried it?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Skepticism is fine. Even recommended. However have you actually tried it? Tried to actually disprove it? Use evidence by trying it. Even then, they have the argument that it's because you don't believe that it doesn't work (Which very well could be true.) I haven't tried, but I don't particularly care enough either way too try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:02 pm

i tried the little ball thing.. and produced absolutely no results.. hows that for disprooving?!?!

ok its not much but still.. i dont believe for a second any of this
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Quote :
Even then, they have the argument that it's because you don't believe that it doesn't work (Which very well could be true.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:09 pm

jay giveup this bull doesnt work.. this is just cheap superstitions for underaged drinkers..
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Quote :
I haven't tried, but I don't particularly care enough either way too try.
This.

Quote :
jay giveup this bull doesnt work.. this is just cheap superstitions for underaged drinkers..

I call ad-hominem. You're attacking me/those who believe in it instead of their claims. Very very bad argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:13 pm

haha jay just uberpwned you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 pm

jee i can see that.. but i stand by what i say.. i will never eva eva EVA believe this for a second...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Human Mind   The Human Mind - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Human Mind
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next