Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Item Spell Suggestions

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
Piddagoras
AquaAscension
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Item Spell Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:37 am

Id like to ask anyone who has or has had a idea for a spell that will be applied to a Item please post it here.

Basic Outline :

Spell must be around 50% In strength to a normal Spell would be
No need to Attach an Item
No need to go crazy with Orbs and over the top effects
Simple and Complex submissions both welcomed
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 am

Quote :
Old idea being revived as a Unique item.

Jays Armor of Avatar
Type: Garment
Stats: +2 stamina
Movespeed + 10
Armor +4
Ability: Reverse Ethreal - Harnessing the realm of the ethreal, and then reversing it the user wearing this garment creates a sheild for a small amount of time.

Mana cost: 125
Cooldown: 60
Effect: Creates a 100% spell sheild for 7.5seconds. Stuns and Slows still effect the unit. Spells however will do 0 damage while the spell is in effect.

If you want it 50% of a spell...it depends on if it's a C spell, or a tier one spell or what >.<. But that was my item suggestion, with a spell from way back.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 am

I had a suggestion for items that buffed summons. If done correctly, you could actually make a summoner mage viable other than Infernal spamming. I believe the abilities I suggested were a spell resistance aura, a wolf summoning ability, an ability that let you teleport to any of your summons, and an ability that increased your own summons hp/damage/speed.

My other idea that I thought was good, was a silence orb type effect. Similar to how Ice has slow on their staff, I thought Wind or Water could have a .5 second silence whenever they attacked.

Last but not least, I suggested a mini-Granite Grenade that was autocast. It would work like Frost Arrows or something, replacing your attack with a greatly weakened Granite Grenade at the cost of mana per attack. (This idea could work with any element, and almost any spell. Granite Grenade was just the first one to pop into my head.)
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:11 am

Fire Pillar (WC fire strike)
Net (throws like a fire bolt or thorws a net over an AoE and stops all in that AoE)
Jump (revived) jumps to the selected area
Breath of Frost (= dragon ring breath of fire with a slow)

theres my half assed ideas and i know someone will hate them all (looks a jay like this --> Evil or Very Mad b/c he hates everything i do)
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 am

Where's the TanK_Cat signature? It made my day... but that's long gone.

Okay, item ability wise... I assume that most of the items will do damage based on a static number and not power, right?

Why not have an item that includes Push so that even high levels can annoy everyone? Or Magic Missile for that matter?

How about an item that adds a passive chance for something? It doesn't necessarily have to be evasion or critical strikes, it can be targeted spells such as a stun or silence type thing (which would have to be triggered or you'd have to use doom since that spell is targeted and coded to silence but it also stops a unit from using inventory items). Though i kind of like the idea of a chance to crit on a weapon so that a high stam mage isn't so freakin' pointless.

Soul Swap: Item accessory or boots, not sure...
+1 essence, +2 power, +1 stam
+1 armor
(if boots) +30 move
Maybe other small attributes like HP but no MP because that'd make it too easy to use.
Spell: About 550-700 range targeted (ally or enemy) spell that instantly swaps position of caster and target. Calculated risk spell. Could trap an enemy behind towers, next to creeps or move yourself out of danger... though maybe it should only be hero targetable so that you can't escape by sacrificing creeps. NO targeting NPC's.
Long cooldown, high mana cost (200 or so)
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 am

AquaAscension wrote:

Though i kind of like the idea of a chance to crit on a weapon so that a high stam mage isn't so freakin' pointless.

High stam mage isnt pointless, they have ridiculous amounts of health, if you don't like damage absorbtion with limited damage output, then don't go high stam, pretty simple imo Razz
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 am

I love Aqua's item suggestion. Sounds very neat Smile.

Quote :
High stam mage isnt pointless, they have ridiculous amounts of health, if you don't like damage absorbtion with limited damage output, then don't go high stam, pretty simple imo

Double Infernal + Double FoD says I have pretty high DPS, and HP/Mana to actually use it.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

i particularly like the push suggestion
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Quote :
Why not have an item that includes Push so that even high levels can annoy everyone? Or Magic Missile for that matter?

Because you can always carry an arcane book on you in your inventory, and use it to stop spells like Arma/Vortex etc. from afar and help allies. Why base an item off of an item that exists, and doesn't take up a spot.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm

lol @ jay
ya cause an item spot is MUCH more important then a spell book position. Personally I'd rather waste an item spot then not be able to use 2 spell books.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 pm

diaster, you CAN use 2 spellbooks AND an arcane spellbook.

You CARRY the arcane book in your INVENTORY. When needed, just equip it from inventory. It is only slightly slower than toggling.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Exactly...most people keep their Arcane book untill 35, or whenver they start getting enough spells in their second book. So like 45 or so. You can always have the 2 spellbooks (Single/Single or Multi/Single) and then have the arcane in your inventory, which you don't even have to spend 55mana to toggle to, and then minibolt or push someone. Push is a lot harder, but I've seen people do that against Arma users. Stay perfectly safe and interrupt them without being a lowbie.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeah, I will carry my third spellbook and sometimes an arcane book in my inventory just in case I need mini-bolt, Infernals, Death Coil, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:32 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
diaster, you CAN use 2 spellbooks AND an arcane spellbook.

You CARRY the arcane book in your INVENTORY. When needed, just equip it from inventory. It is only slightly slower than toggling.

Sounds like abuse to me, time to increase the combat radius....
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 pm

odd you should mention that pyth because I was thinking likewise myself
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Rhys wrote:
odd you should mention that pyth because I was thinking likewise myself

I think we might have to add the combat issue to our global periodic timer Rhys, and just have each spell cast or damage taken by a hero reset the duration up to whatever the combat timer should be, arbitrarily, probably something around 10-20 seconds.

I'd probably store the combatCounter in the playerstruct, for convenience.

Add a loop to the timer function that loops through active playerstructs and if the duration is greater than zero, set the duration to the duration minus the timeout of the expired timer.

Then just change the combat checking function to check if the combatCounter for that player is <=0

I think it'll work better than the current system. We'll probably have to add a condition to the spell cast combatCounter reset trigger to make sure that the spell being cast isnt the dummy equip ability for the attempted item. But other than that, its simple imo.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
Where's the TanK_Cat signature? It made my day... but that's long gone.

lol aqua ive moved on that was like a year ago before i left for Florida
while in florida i learned of Tyber Zann (from a video game which i will not mention b/c it will make people search it online Very Happy)

On topic
Boots/Gloves of Haste x% speed and attack bonus
Berzerk (rename it for an item) (wc3 troll berzerk) Attack Speed increase y% more damage taken

(lol that on topic saves me from spam What a Face What a Face What a Face )
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Zync was strongly against attack speed increasing items, and I tend to agree with him. This is a game of mages, and normal attacks should not rule.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 pm

ok.. well i didnt know that
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Quote :
But other than that, its simple imo.

Uhuh, because the first part makes no sense to me Smile. Shocked But ya, what would that be doing in general?
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Quote :
But other than that, its simple imo.

Uhuh, because the first part makes no sense to me Smile. Shocked But ya, what would that be doing in general?

Basically instead of using a combat radius, use a combat timer that counts down from the last time you took damage, attacked, or cast a spell
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

O that's a much better system - assuming you include all 3 things, assuming the timer would be similar to the current book toggle of 11 seconds? Or possibly higher since you don't use mana to swap, although it doesn't matter as much since there are 2 other conditions to switch. Up to you really, if you want it to be another possible way to toggle books with no mana cost but other downsides, or if you want to just stop the abuse.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:47 pm

Jay.J wrote:
O that's a much better system - assuming you include all 3 things, assuming the timer would be similar to the current book toggle of 11 seconds? Or possibly higher since you don't use mana to swap, although it doesn't matter as much since there are 2 other conditions to switch. Up to you really, if you want it to be another possible way to toggle books with no mana cost but other downsides, or if you want to just stop the abuse.

Yeah, I said the timer should be 10-20 seconds in length. I think it's kindof retarded to carry around a third book, because you can't save it. Just another advantage to having a maxed mage that I'm going to obliterate

Although this entire post is off topic, Have you tried backdooring since the new version came out? I think you'll find it quite a bit more difficult Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 pm

I haven't played the new version, no one is ever hosting when I'm on, and I've been slgihtly more busy as of late. Also, I wouldn't want to backdoor in a real game because people bitch hard. I could always try to in a single player game and tell you how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm

Jay.J wrote:
I haven't played the new version, no one is ever hosting when I'm on, and I've been slgihtly more busy as of late. Also, I wouldn't want to backdoor in a real game because people bitch hard. I could always try to in a single player game and tell you how it goes.

Meh, don't waste your time, You'll just die, basically when there arent any enemy AoS creeps within a 2000 radius, the NPC heroes have 90% spell resistance.

The grouping function takes dead units as well, so if there are corpses within 2000 of the npcs they're still vulnerable to attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item Spell Suggestions   Item Spell Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Item Spell Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next