Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Notes for the Future

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Notes for the Future Empty
PostSubject: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 12:55 am

I'll be working on this to clarify it up. I'm hoping that Rhys will come back to this thread every once in a while to read exactly what's written and/or ask questions for further explanation on certain parts. As for now, it's almost the same. I'm putting everything extra in a different color.

Key:
Saturday, August 2nd (Time of the post)

===NEAR FUTURE===

• Make the castle do something. I was thinking something like having it give off another, very slight aura for movement speed and health regeneration (basically an Unholy Aura, but renamed). This would be useful because it'd give a speed boost for a faster start of the game and when fighting nearby, the units regeneration wont hurt.
  • Make villages do something. Hmm... Forget this. It was too complicated to explain and I'd have to do it myself.
  • Make a slightly more balanced team selection system. People have been wanting this forever. I'm not sure how you'll do it - but I bet you'll find a way.
  • Make some kind of point/value based system to limit the total number of elementals you can have summoned at any one time. (i.e. Water = 1, Lightning = 2, Fire = 3, Wind = 3, with the total number of points able to be had equals 2 + Level/15 ) Zync gave me this part of his notes, and I NEVER got to doing it. Perhaps if Pythagoras wants to, he can do it. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
  • Add Skeleton Mage spells, 1 for each Element you have (so always Magic Missile, & 1 for other element) Yet another one of Zync's notes. However, I wouldn't bother. Not enough good info for a good implementation and probably would add little to overall gameplay.
  • Add more spells to NPC's. This is a big one. Add some type of spells that the AI heroes can use that will burn up their mana over time. This way they don't just become another mana fountain for ice. The choice of skill is up to you.
  • Add quests to do in the great war that will aid your team for victory. This will be a hard implementation - but it's worth it.
  • Add bosses that have a skill point reward.
  • Add a -rebalance command that is available when a player leaves, to allow the teams to become balanced again. Not even sure if this is possible. Don't worry about it.
  • Cut down the size of item descriptions when in the inventory (Description (ides)). The "ides" is the tag that is displayed in the Object Editor. This was a "note to self" (NTS), so don't worry about that part. However, cutting down the description size would be very useful. I had an idea similar to how DotA does it.
  • Make it more obvious when someone is casting or channeling a damage/debuff on you. Start learning text tags, my friend.

===CODE RESET===

• Implement that GUI XOR system, and the blank doc override THIS IS BIG! I can't explain it to you, and wont either. This doesn't need to be implemented and I had a hell of a time understanding it. It'd be even harder to explain. Sorry man, I can't help you out with this one.
  • Make dummy units that create blight, and put them on Dark Island, to prevent Dispel from removing the Island's blight
  • Make each element have an Dual Element Spell Book, in a circular fassion, i.e. the pairings make a cycle I'm pretty sure you know what this is.

===BETA===

• Make a nice multiboard, with name/element1(icon)/element2(icon)/great rank All you gotta do here is basically make it show the players icons and what their rank is for damage using a complicated formula. I'll be active in the community, so just come back to me when you need the formula done.
  • Include one's Great Ranking in the Multiboard, as well as the save code.
  • Finish designing the Nature Element I am willing to show you my personal design plans for the element when the time comes. Until then, worry about the other things please.
  • Make Nature Element
  • Make Nature Island
  • Make more quests... Zync said this...
  • Make more items... This was Zync again...
  • Implement the new Hero Defense game style. This is the much-anticipated "new gameplay style" which was to come. I will not describe it to you publicly.

[SUGGESTED ELEMENTS]

• Arcane (Approved) Don't worry about this until after Nature.
  • Energy
  • Ether
  • Gravity
  • Matter
  • Nature (Approved)
  • Plasma
  • Steel
  • Time (Half-Approved) What I mean by half-approved is that I basically approved of the element from my own designs for it. However, many people are against the very idea of it. So I'll be sharing my Time Element design with you as soon as I finish it.

This entire list was simply there to remind myself of what elements had been suggested so that if I needed a new element idea I'd have something to come off of. I doubt it was needed, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

[END SUGGESTED ELEMENTS]

[SPELL IDEAS]

{NATURE}

- Tranquility but increases mana instead/also.

{TIME}

- Creates a wall which slows all projectiles that travel over it by 20%.
- Stops a non-hero unit for 10 seconds.

{ARCANE}

- Creates a wall of energy which will reverse the direction of any projectiles that pass it.

These ideas are, in my opinion, some of the best. Either way, most were simply reminders and I'll be clarifying a few new spells for you as well.

[END SPELL IDEAS]

[UPDATE TEMPLATE]

===New Features===

===Multi-Elements===

-M-Books-

-M-Spells-

===Terrain===

===Coding===

===Game Modes===

===Spells===

===Units===

===Neutrals===

===Quests===

===Items===

===Other/Optional===

===Bugs===

USE THIS TEMPLATE. DO IT. OMG. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

[END UPDATE TEMPLATE]

[OLD NOTES]

Mages started with:
Strength - 18
Agility - 14
Intelligence - 19

These are notes for you if the choosing the starting 23 stats or w/e the number is doesn't work. Yeah, another "Safe than Sorry" type of note.

[END OLD NOTES]

[NEXT ADJUSTMENTS]

I realize you hardly followed these at all, so screw it. I'm crossing out the version names and simply putting this into one big nice list for you, pal. Anyways, I'll work on this part tomorrow.

- Whirl Wind may need another effect.
- Make a message appear when the Knight/Archer dies that the team will not be spawning Archers/1 Footman less.
- Add Ghost Cloak (turns caster invisible for .8 seconds after taking damage).
- Make Resistant Skin's physical damage reduction based off power.
- Add a spell resistance to Resistant Skin based off Essence.
- Give Flame Strike an afterburn to whoever gets hit by it.
- Make the early game Spell Resistance scale from 90% to 0% from level 1-18. Done in 5% increments.
- Create -sm and -us game modes (short mode/ultra short; makes upgrades go faster (sm) and an extra archer/footman spawn per tick (usm)).
- Revamp Lightning to be a missile instead that:
*Hits the first unit it comes into contact with.
- Keep working on the Shield System and attempt to get Vapor Shield to work/implemented.
- Make the multiboard show which elements a player has.
- Silence - Replace.
- Give towers AI which makes heroes a higher priority over creeps.
- Rename -ns to -fm (fast mode)
- Make Armor of Zync (allows the wearer to cast a spell that does 10*power damage to a target instantly at the cost of the wearers life).
- Either re-scale, revamp, or do something with Fire Elemental.
- Revamp Static Shock to a drain of 20 mana per second which:
*Will shock the nearby closest unit in a 400 AoE every 13 seconds.
*Will Lightning Strike the killer of the mage if it's activated. Same as the current.
- Revamp the item descriptions to make them easier to follow.
- Raise Dead - Replace.
- Revamp the Fissure coding to deal the stun as well.
- Make the Earth Boots give Fissure +0.5 second stun.
- Make Frostbite have 3 levels and do 0.5/1.0/1.5*Power instead.
- Fix Jay's Jade Waffle (makes a Watcher for 150 mana, no cooldown, but only allows 1 at a time).
- Hell's Summoning needs to work correctly so that when the leader dies, the felhounds do too.
- Implement the 2023 digit quest anti-hack thing.

[END ADJUSTMENTS]

Last edited by SinisteRing on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:07 am

you seem to have alot of plans for what Im going to do. I suppose ill check this thread often from now on.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 am

Why are certain things crossed out? A couple of the crossed out things are important IMO. (I.E. "Add more spells to NPC." "Add bosses" "Add quests" "Add nice multiboard" Those things strike me as being very important, why are they crossed out?)
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:10 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Why are certain things crossed out? A couple of the crossed out things are important IMO. (I.E. "Add more spells to NPC." "Add bosses" "Add quests" "Add nice multiboard" Those things strike me as being very important, why are they crossed out?)
It was a formatting error. Only the multiboard thing is crossed out because there's other parts of the notes addressing it.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:15 am

ok question, after going over this over and over what happens when i dont agree with something in here? like for instance zyncs armor is a bit...... over powered? or the summon elements thing, why make it so complicated? figure out how many you think each element should have then ill change the cool downs to fit that amount. The obvious channeling thing is ridiculous, if your channeling a spell your enemies can usually see you sitting there doing something, i don't see how thats even an issue to deal with.

you get the idea of what im saying.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:29 am

Rhys wrote:
what happens when i dont agree with something in here?
Make a list of what you don't agree with. I'll give it my best shot to explain why I put it as a future development and you can take a look at my reasoning. If you're still not satisfied, then I'll cross it out. Simple as that. No questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:30 am

Rhys wrote:
ok question, after going over this over and over what happens when i dont agree with something in here? like for instance zyncs armor is a bit...... over powered? or the summon elements thing, why make it so complicated? figure out how many you think each element should have then ill change the cool downs to fit that amount. The obvious channeling thing is ridiculous, if your channeling a spell your enemies can usually see you sitting there doing something, i don't see how thats even an issue to deal with.

you get the idea of what im saying.

The problem with just changing the cooldowns is that if the summons die too fast then you can build them back up to the maximum amount at a faster rate. Cancelling casts and refunding mana is a serious BITCH to code, luckily I already did it for my kobold map, I'll have to change the summons to dummy spells and then have the spell actions spawn the unit in order to make cancelled casts have no effect. Added to my list....
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 1:53 am

Wow Pythagoras. I didn't do that part when I had it because of how hard it would've been to code. Also, there was much more at hand that I wanted to get to -.-
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:32 am

SinisteRing wrote:
Wow Pythagoras. I didn't do that part when I had it because of how hard it would've been to code. Also, there was much more at hand that I wanted to get to -.-

Well, I can't even understand why I have such a drive to recode nearly everything in the map, so it would be just another thing Razz
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 4:39 am

ya idk what it is, but when I took over my current project I also had the urge to rewrite everything, but my rewrites killed over 1 mb of triggers and variables Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notes for the Future   Notes for the Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Notes for the Future
Page 1 of 1