Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most Complex Object

Go down 
+2
Jay.J
SinisteRing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Most Complex Object Empty
PostSubject: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Some neuroscientists claim that that the human brain is the most complex object in existance. Other scientists say that a black hole is the most complex object in existance. However, some disagree. I, for one, believe that it is neither. Just because something is too hard for us to understand doesn't make it complex. A rubik's cube can take hours to figure out how it works, but it's a very simple contraption.

I just wanted everyones two cents on what the most complex object in existance might be.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Complex: hard to separate, analyze, or solve. (From Merriam Webster: Adjective)

I'd agree with the human brain. Black Hole is relatively simple. Just gravity and light and shit. More understood than the brain IMO. I mean seriously, you're pretty complex mate. Then think about how there are billions of people in the world all of who have different brains. The same object that functions in entirely different ways. Even the basics of it are complex.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 am

Black holes are actually much more complex than the human brain by that definition. The impossibility of fully understanding a black hole due to its very nature makes it more complex in my opinion. I'd have to say that physical existence itself is the most complex object in existence. If you want to bitch about the singular "object" then I'd say the universe itself.

Physics is one of the only scientific fields in which exactly accurate answers are actually a physical impossibility.

That's complexity.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:38 am

Quote :
I'd have to say that physical existence itself is the most complex object in existence. If you want to bitch about the singular "object" then I'd say the universe itself.

This, if we're allowed technicalities.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:47 am

I'm surprised I'm the only one cliche enough to posit that a woman is the most complex object. Think about it: she has a human brain, a black hole for a heart (at least some do), and she's comprised of atoms which also make up the physical being of the universe. That is the trifecta of complex.

To answer your question: no, I am not a misogynist.

And to be serious, I would truly argue that another person's brain is one of the most complex objects because (at least at this stage) we have no idea what the neuronal firing sequence indicates they are thinking. While we may one day have that technology, it does not diminish the fact that I'd much rather understand what another person is thinking than I would understand the minutia of how a black hole operates.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:37 am

I think the whole "Universe" as a singular object still beats it....again, if that's allowed.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:50 pm

With the universe, though, we can start to pick out patterns and start to see the strands that stitch together to form the grand tapestry of existence. These strands at least form some kind of pattern with the rest of the universe and are predictable to some extent or another using the language of mathematics.

You'll probably disagree on this next point but that's good for healthy discussion:

People are far harder to mathematically or even intuitively predict than the occurrences of the universe writ large (or even small). We are well on our way to understanding how everything works within the universe. I, on the other hand, can barely fathom the thoughts behind several actions occurring within the human life.
Back to top Go down
bestnameever10
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
bestnameever10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:52 am

Most complex thing i would think if its allowed is death. If you don't believe in god you believe in that when you die your mind is dead no thinking no memory no existence its hard to comprehend really to imagine that your mind is gone yea you might get the basics and so it isnt hard but you cant really know what its like till your dead. Imagine your mind is gone no thought no nothing can you just stop thinking for a second think about nothing at all a brick wall is something but like the universe this is kind of a cheap shot really but when your dead the only thing left of you is other peoples memory and they will die and your decaying body as it turns into worm food. Thank you i don't believe in that if it is true im screwed either way if not I should be cool with god. Also another cheap shot is religion ill save that for later
Back to top Go down
Coverzin
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:03 am

You should practice writing bestnameever10, but please grant me the single boon of never posting any of your writing to a public forum of any sort ever again.
Back to top Go down
bestnameever10
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
bestnameever10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 am

Cool thanks!!! The only thing I care about is spelling everything after that is optional (except for a few exceptions.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Complex Object   Most Complex Object Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Complex Object
Page 1 of 1