Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

M-books replacement

Go down 
+2
Jay.J
diaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

M-books replacement Empty
PostSubject: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Well as everyone know, M-books are going out the window and m-spells are suppose to be staying. I'd like to bring up the topic of implementation of the m-spells. Now the coolest thing about M-books was that it was the full fusion of the powers and abilities of 2 elements. Of course this made certain elements quite over powered. Now a m-spell would be cool for each element, but I really don't think it alone would fully represent this fusion.

With that said I would like to purpose these 2 ideas

Stat boosts related to what your other element is and how many skill points have been spent on that element.

The ability to use a single ability Q,W,E,R spell from your other element plus the m-skill, the skill you used can be set at a trainer.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Huh? I don't get it.

How would the stat boosts work....

Also, you realize you can use TWO single books right Neutral. I think just an M-spell on the actual mage itself is fine...and don't actually understand your ideas. Maybe explain them? Remember you can use both single books Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 pm

It would be nice to have more representation than just the M-spell. Stat boosts aren't a bad idea, but maybe a passive would be more fitting. (It wouldn't take an icon on the hero either, it could just be a buff or aura that appeared on your hero and explained what it did.)

Also, something we desperately need is more models. Whatever your base element is should set your model. (And preferably some special MSFX effect is added to the model based on your secondary element.)

I.E. Dark is Lich, Nature is Furion, Water is Jaina (Or Archmage), Lightning is Shaman, or whatever else. It doesn't matter. Just 8 unique models that people agree on. Then, the special effect would be something like Fairy Fire hovering above your head for Nature, Purge on your hands for Lightning, or whatever else. These are just examples, but it would really liven up the game.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 pm

its actually already been decided.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am

basically the way the stat boost would work is say your a holy earth mage. When your using your holy book you get a stamina boost. When your in the earth book you get a health regen boost.

For the skill thing, you would get the skill along side your m-spell to use with your current book.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:14 am

@ Dragon: For more models....hasn't this been rejected because bloodmage is the only model with.....something to do with channel as the base model?

@Rhys: What's been decided?

@diaster: Meh, just adds more stuff that doesn't really add to the gameplay and is just "there".
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:21 am

@diaster, it's not a bad idea, but I don't like your suggestions. Something else unique to tie the books together and/or some hybrid synergy would be nice, I just don't have any good ideas for it ATM.

@Rhys: Seriously, don't keep secrets from us...

@Jay: I was under the impression that they fixed this but just never got around to introducing more models. If it still doesn't work, it could be changed to just the MSFX for your primary element instead of model for primary and MSFX for secondary.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 am

The reason against different mage models was listed in a sticky post on the old Suggestion forums that isn't in the archives.

Something about how the channel animation and cast animation are written, that if any other model was used the spell system wouldn't work.

Something along those lines, I couldn't find the post and I've only the copy of the World Editor that came with the game to look at.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am

new models would require specific animations to be built into them to accommodate what armaneth has just pointed out, which means we would need a custom modeler which is impossible to find, Ive tried for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:00 am

Ok, then what about an MSFX on the mages hands depending on what element he is. E.G. A Fire mage has firebolts on his hands, a Lightning mage has purge on his hands, an Ice mage has Icebolts on his hands.

Something along those lines so you can see easily when looking at someone what their primary element is.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:15 am

well to get back on the main topic, dragon gave me an idea. Perhaps have it so your second element alters the mages attack? maybe causes it to inflict a status or something. Like if fire is your second element your attacks burn, ice gives slow, etc?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 pm

You kind of already have that....both animations and "Special effects" once you get an elemental weapon.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 pm

indeed the elemental gear generally adds a color to your hands and missiles associated with the element you have chosen. Its actually a very easy thing to add in, its just applied through an attachment on either hand and voila your done.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I know, I was just hoping for something a bit more obvious and that could be seen even if your not using the elemental staff.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am

how bout also mixing the Q spells...like Frost and fire...frostfire bolt adding a slow a and a stun..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-books replacement   M-books replacement Empty

Back to top Go down

M-books replacement
Page 1 of 1