Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Silence and Cyclone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Silence and Cyclone Empty
PostSubject: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Alright I really think these 2 spells need a nerf. Cyclone with its 4 second air time lets you stroll right up to who ever you want, and removes people from combat for 2 long. I'd like to ask that it get nerfed down to 3 seconds total. Silence is an ranged, aoe 6 seconds silence that can hit you and your team, disabling them for 6 seconds which is quite a long time. I'd like to ask that either it become a single target spell or be nerfed down to 4 seconds. The best case would be it gets replaced all together imo since it doesn't fit water but that's more my preference then anything else.

tl;dr
Cyclone nerfed to 3 seconds
Silence nerfed to 4 seconds or made single target
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:51 pm

well i can honestly say im happy to hear that someone is bitching about silence=) Spell has been underpowered since it was made.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Agreed. In a fast-paced (The battles, not so much the game Razz) battle 6 seconds is huge. Even in a game like DotA it's freaking strong. In a game where everyone is a caster it's overpowered, however I don't know about the overall strength of water in the new version, so I'm reluctant to say to nerf it.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I still think geyser should silence in its aoe as it is channeled, so long as the aoe isn't 2 crazy and the dmg is less then vortex. Perhaps geyser could get silence and silence could be replaced by torrent? That would be real cool imo Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 pm

I agree with that. Geyser becomes the new name instead of Water Spike. Silence is removed. Ripple is added on the [F] slot. Torrent or another good aoe spell is added to the A slot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silence and Cyclone   Silence and Cyclone Empty

Back to top Go down

Silence and Cyclone
Page 1 of 1