Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whirlwind & Cyclone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Whirlwind & Cyclone Empty
PostSubject: Whirlwind & Cyclone   Whirlwind & Cyclone EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 am

First I think Cyclone needs a nerf, 4 seconds is far 2 long and makes it so incredibly difficult to escape. I'd like to suggest the time spent up in the air in decreased by a second. Next I want to discuss Whirlwind. Right now it is a straight line, low damage debuff that require a crap load of skill point to even get to low damage. What I'd like to ask is a small rewrite on it.

Rewrite 1:
Instead of flinging enemies into the air and stunning them, that it become no long based on cyclone and instead pushes enemies back and give a short stun. (if they are in its direct path they get pushed directly back, if they are slightly to the side they get shove to the side some. (pretty simple if you make the numbers use in push variables set by the activating trigger)

Rewrite 2:
Creates a controllable tornado, with a life span based on cyclone and wind elemental's level. The tornado has the wind mages movement speed and deals so much damage a second based on the target position to the tornado, with the full damage being in the center. Upon death it spawns 2 wind elementals.

If you want rhys i can do this second one in GUI and give it to you for optimization, cause I really want this rewrite done >_< same offer applies to the static rewrite.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind & Cyclone   Whirlwind & Cyclone EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:24 am

2 wind elementals?!?!?! Yeek... Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I hate... HATE wind elementals because they are damned annoying. 15 damage a sec is not so bad but the slow and the fact that they are so difficult to kill unless you're an Ice or Fire mage just pushes me over the edge. 2 wind elementals is... well two too much. Plus, the controllable tornado is kind of meh in my opinion. It's like the Sea Witch's ultimate. I like the first idea though.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind & Cyclone   Whirlwind & Cyclone EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 am

I don't like either idea myself. If the spell was wider and had a full duration of Cyclone that would be better IMO.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind & Cyclone   Whirlwind & Cyclone EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:03 am

I'm more for it having a longer range, but the first idea is fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind & Cyclone   Whirlwind & Cyclone Empty

Back to top Go down

Whirlwind & Cyclone
Page 1 of 1