Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
Dragonheart91
Rhys
7 posters

The Water/Earth Morphs
They Should Stay In The Game
Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked I_vote_lcap14%Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
I will Never Miss Them
Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked I_vote_lcap86%Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked I_vote_rcap
 86% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked Empty
PostSubject: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 2:22 pm

With the major issues behind me with the items I have now begun to have time for multiple projects again within mm&m. This means I can start working on spells and abilities and other random things. This poll I have in this thread is for one issue THat I personally feel should def happen but Im going to put the questiuon out there because I want a general feel for how beloved or hated these two abilities actually are. Even though about a dozen people off the top of my head I know absolutely hate these spells there may be a dozen that love them and I try to be fair. So before I absolutely take these two morphs out of the game Im putting this up to see what everyone says.

This is not a topic on Possible Replacements for The Morphs, if you have specific things you want to replace them with then please make a new thread somewhere about it.

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't care for morphs. Too much trouble, too buggy, too hard to balance, etc...

I don't know if an Earth Morph replacement has been made, but there are multiple suggestions for an alternate ultimate spell for Water.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:13 pm

I've said they should be removed when SinisteRing was still in power. Vote: Remove them and I won't miss them.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm

My two main elements are Water and Earth (not togerther yet though) and they either aren't worth points to get them (water) or aren't worth losing spells (earth). not to mention they are buggy and tricky to balance
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:18 am

Mountain giant is the second best tower killer in the game.

And I just started making a full mg mage... Sad

I could do without water elemental morph, but mountain giant should stay. Yes, it is a bit buggy at times, but that is fixable... and it is good for those who know how to use it.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 am

Earthquake does the job just as well but from a much safer distance. Although on that note, I think spell damage to towers should be increased at least 5-10%. I've been having a really hard time killing towers unless there is a Holy or Earth mage on my team.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Remove Earth Morph, a decent player can destroy one.

I quite like Water Morph, although having the Mage out of Morph is a much better choice.

I remember when I was in a game leveling an Earth and all the other little Earth kids were running around in their Morphs, I'd just wait for massive creep push and Arma Smile. Good times.

Remove them and I won't be beothered by it, it just forces people to play a more out of the box set up. Then only have 4 skills.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 am

I voted no, although I will miss my Water/holy mage with his 1k health, 4k mana, and 530 Crushing Wave spam. Also 11 water elementals = mega lulz.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Sea Elemental Has Been taken care of as of right before I went to bed last night.

Known bugs for the new spell are simple so far, all Ive seen is a model glitch every now and then. Solutions consist of replacing the model file with something else.

I wont be posting the new spell for sea elemental morph on here until the version is released, if you'd like to know then corner me somewhere and make sure not to leak it on the forums if I tell you, this is just for my own personal peace of mind. Likewise for the Earth Morph.

Balance has been completed on the Items that Are going to be put into the Next Release. We will be starting with a set of 32 New Items introduced into the game. Ill be running tests Later on after work to see how the new water spell works out in an actual game environment as well as trying to fix the model bug.

All that is left to do is to get the Earth Morph out then replace it with a new spell and then all that's left is to Finish the Tool Tip Updating for the Items to reflect the latest balance changes.

I can See the finish line!
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:01 am

Finished Debugging the Water Spell, now works completely with no Known Bugs. Started Work on The Earth Spell, Everything is going well so far, Known Bugs on the Earth Spell are IT Fails To Cast But Triggers a Cool down Effect on Erupt (this happens roughly 1 in 4 times) and that's it.

Ill be gone until sunday night most likely so that will be the next time I get to work on it. When The Earth Spell is Complete all I Will Have Left to Do is 26 more Tool Tips to update.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 10:45 am

Ooooo, MM&M will be reborn soon !
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:48 pm

I always envisioned mountain giant morph to be more of an "earth morph,"

where you get some extra armor and damage for about 60 seconds or so, similar to a "berserk" mode where you deal more but take more... maybe in earth morph, deal more but be slower? idk.

*SIGH* and I just started making a mountain giant mage... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked   Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked Empty

Back to top Go down

Water/Earth Elemental : 7.20 Released - Locked
Page 1 of 1