Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters

How was the music?
Awesome!
A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_lcap0%A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Great!
A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_lcap100%A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Good...
A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_lcap0%A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Good's not the right word...
 0% [ 0 ]
Phail
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 am

Check it out everyone. I decided to put some music up on a facebook page of mine, but because I don't trust you all enough to give that information (Razz) I decided to still share some of that music and to say that I would be personally offended if you didn't go and visit my site for my "band" named "Key of Z" and listen to some of the music on there Very Happy!!!

No, but go ahead and check it out. Plus, since you guys aren't really my "friends" in real life, I believe that you'll be able to give me more honest feedback as to whether or not it sucks.

I've been playing for about two years and this is my first attempt at recording and that that's all that I'll say in order to try to mitigate any negative criticisms I might receive.

So, in order to access the music since I know you're all dying to (again Razz) just go to Key of Z and listen to one of the four songs on there (or all if you dig Very Happy )

Any comments I'm sure will help.

And, although it's already been done several times, go ahead and share some of your favorite artists with links to youtube or something.

That way, the thread is multi-purpose For The Win! Smile
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 2:27 am

Facebook and Myspace will get attack by super hackers one day and i shall laugh at all you miserable people as your cry over your destroyed pages that you put so much work in most of them will just go cut them self AND THATS HOW WE SOLVE THE POPULATION PROBLEM!!!

Srry i got a thing against myspace and facebook..

oh and i cant get them b/c they are popups and i dont feel like fiddling with my firewall to fix it.. I suggest a YouTube Clone
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 2:33 am

I listened to it. Its good stuff, but i there is room for improvement. I'm not a huge fan of acoustic instumentals, but i did enjoy it. It sounded a slight bit repetitive w/in songs, for only being 1 instrument. I also had a lonely feel to it.

On a side note: if you didnt want us to know alot about you, you should't have posted a site w/ your name on it, Andrew, or a site with a picture of a group f people that can then be deduced that you are one of two of the people in in, because only 2 have guitars.

Overall. good woork, build your sound, and perhaps try to record some sessions with your friends in it as well.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 2:43 am

Bartender Song

Srry but this is the BEST SONG EVA!! (No suggested for small children)
Srry the sound fluxes slightly (not alot..)
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 pm

You still shall not discover who I am! Yeah, but anyhow, it's easier to direct people to that site than to try to get a bunch of non-real-life to be facebook friends, and, yes, that comment is directed at TanK, aka the Facebook/Myspace Nazi.

Thanks for the advice, Lagger09. You pointed out that I could be discovered, yes, but maybe I don't just play guitar. You don't know that for sure. I might not even be in the picture, son. The probability that I am is high, but it is possible that I am not. Inductively yes, deductively no.

Played for 2 years, only really started to play with other people recently. Yep, it is repetitive. All bands are repetitive save for a few people like Dream Theater, but even they'll have a chord progression that repeats itself. Indeed, most pop songs only use a I-IV-V (or IV-V-I) progression and then change it up slightly for the bridge. However, the verse is all the same musically speaking. What will make it new and interesting are the lyrics. I don't have those.

Yet, those are all just justifications that will help me to mitigate your criticisms. I agree with what you say though. I shall continue to work on my music and hopefully improve on it somehow. Of course, given that most of this music was improvisation, that will surely improve when I actually get a chance to write down the notes and have a better idea of where I'm going with each song.

Last thought is that two of the songs were in the same key which is why the songs altogether may sound repetitive; they have the same set of notes from which to draw. Question is, which 2?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Listened to them and I enjoyed them. However, I have a bad ear for music...I like everything music wise. I'm like Paula from American Idol Razz. I liked it though, regardless.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:43 pm

andrew ziegler in colorado springs? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 11:40 pm

LOL NO!!! Why would you ask such a thing, Kuro? Laughing
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 12:17 am

cuz you said it was you who made the music, and it says andrew ziegler is from colorado springs... and if you aren't andrew then you didn't make the music, or you're using a false name... please explain, lol.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:18 am

Oh, yep. So it does. I didn't even see that the reverbnation thing had my name and city on it. That's why I was confused. But, yeah, it is my music and no one else's. Whatever happened to "random month" or whatever? You've had the same dancing bear up there for awhile.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:24 am

because i like the dancing bear D:

A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! Kitty_rawr

A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! Dressedup_cat

i also have these... i guess ill change my avatar tomorrow. (im going to take back the mrawr kitty)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!   A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A [Self-Made] Music Thread!!!!!
Page 1 of 1