Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill

Go down 
+5
Lagger09
diaster
ÐeathByCyanide
Jay.J
SinisteRing
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which ones would you like to see first?
Precision Strike/Flaming Essence replaced
Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Thunderstorm choosing closest unit
Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Mountain Giant passive fissure every X attacks
Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Carrion Swarm spawning every X units it hits
Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Blind replaced (TBD)
Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2008 10:34 am

Quote :
Thunderstorm targeting closest (or having 50% chance to target closest) COULD be ok, but then it might need to be tweaked. I am also thinking this would finish balancing lightning and hopefully make Jay stop whining

HEY! My main complaint is that the scaling of skill is a non factor in lightning and a huge one in fire. The potential for fire is way more than it is lightning. However no one crys about Fire ever, yet people complain against my Lightning mage ALL the time. The only reason I can even kill them is because they're idiots. Honestly, I do the same thing EVERY time, and they fall for it EVERY time. Lightning only has one combo... And it's easily countered. Crack, Clap, Lightning (With a TS on). Then either purge them, taser them, or attack them to finish them off. Every freaking element can counter this sooo hard. Fissure, KoI, Phase shift, Firebolt, Sanctuary, Crack, Cyclone. I swear peoples slow reaction times kill them. As soon as they see me they think "Run" when they can easily kill me as I haven't disabled them, but merely slowed them so they can't run. They do exactly what I want them to. Against a good opponent Lightning can't do jack, except spam TS (Which is luck based) and if they have purge or dispel you lose. No contest.

Quote :
I think that a passable amount of luck is acceptable, especially when it doesn't deal with stun. Flaming Essence can be removed due to the stunlock factor, but I think Precision Strike is fine. I don't feel gimped when I die due to precision strike proc, and I don't think they feel gimped when I escape due to no proc.

Agreed.

Quote :
LMFAO. 8x power is the cap, not the amount of damage it does. This whole argument smells of epic fail. Soul reaper does damage, depending on how much mana your opponent is missing...to a cap of 8x...I'm not sure of the actual facotors, but whatever.

I don't think you realize it's one of your ultimate spells....It rocks so hard, and does missing mana + power. Death Coil can be used as a nuke when you are one on one, and finish them off - then heal yourself later (You'll do plenty as your HP is low from FoD/Dark Tithe + their dmg).
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Sin you made a miscalculation. I have 100 power on my 62 lightning. Thats 750. With lightningbulb thats 900 damage and no precision. With precision thats 1350......so yeah. Just saying

Talking about thunder clap btw, for those that dont know. And this 100 is WITH bonuses

Edit by Jay.J: Don't double post from now on. Edit them.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Is bulb calculated before or after percision strike?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Is bulb calculated before or after percision strike?
Before. The 150 would be made into +225.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:29 am

Well i just found out that i have 102 power now.... so that makes it just over 1350

And sorry about double posting Jay.J. im new to forumz
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:39 am

Clap bonus is APPLIED AFTER not before. so a 102 power with bulb does 1297 damage and not 1372 assuming it PS's
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:00 am

My bad. But it's an insanely large amount of damage for a luck skill. Let's leave it at that and move on.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:17 am

the lightning mages with that much power are easily killed with under 800 hp. I'll never suggest a build with under 1100 hp.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:48 am

This isn't about balance! This is about skill! Stay on topic!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyMon May 26, 2008 8:50 am

Some amount of luck is alright, but not too much. IMO I think only one of percision strike or flaming essence should be removed (not both), as they are the same skill - and that is dull. The amount to critical could be raised to 50% or 100%, and the damage increased lowered to have the same average DPS. Only one of them should be completely remade IMO however.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 5:41 pm

heres my ideas.

1Precision Strike/Flaming Essence replaced
2Thunderstorm choosing closest unit
3Mountain Giant passive fissure every X attacks
4Carrion Swarm spawning every X units it hits
5Blind replaced (TBD)

*for 1 and 2, read the polls about the first skills to replace, i had an idea about scorching flame and positive charge*

3. i think mountain giant should have a passive cd thing, like how res (tauren chieftain) activates passively but has a cooldown. or it could be a autocast with a cd.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill   Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (5/24): Adding Skill
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2