Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balancing system

Go down 
+2
Lagger09
Jay.J
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:07 am

This should be done AFTER 8.00 is released.

The balancing system should re-evaluate levels on a point system. I find low levels much more useful than they are given credit for in the system. Especially with more exp, they'll be leveling up faster.

Elements should be taken into account. Try to split them up, so you don't have 2 Light's on a team and stuff like that.

With the new item system, take items into the equation and rate the mage based on his items as well as his level. With tiered items it shouldn't be very difficult.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:11 am

Jay.J wrote:

The balancing system should re-evaluate levels on a point system. I find low levels much more useful than they are given credit for in the system. Especially with more exp, they'll be leveling up faster.

Elements should be taken into account. Try to split them up, so you don't have 2 Light's on a team and stuff like that.

With the new item system, take items into the equation and rate the mage based on his items as well as his level. With tiered items it shouldn't be very difficult.

agree 100% i definately second this!
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:13 am

yeah, someting needs to change, and this sounds like a good way to do it.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:17 am

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
Jay.J wrote:

agree 100% i definately second this!

i third/fourth and 11th this
i was was getting on the Take Elements into Consideration back in the ancient days of zync and the lvl 99 and no stat caps.. when i had my light mage... (if you remeber my light mage omfg weve been playing to long) it would be me as my light and 4 newbs v an lets say a lightning mage and some other lvl 20 some id get wtfzor zaped to death and the newbs would coware in fear..
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:19 am

Perhaps have elements lumped as carry/support/hybrid and try to give at least one of each type to each side if possible.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 am

Yes, this has been discussed before sort of. This definitely needs to happen, preferably in the next version after we have a stable one to play with.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:07 am

I actually made a really good formula for this that took all but element into account which I don't think can be done w/ a mathematical formula...

SP total = (SP spent on skills)+current sp + (items value(buy value) + current gold)/conversion number + 4*level till shield is lost

If memories serves it gives lowbies a decent value so its not 11 on one.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 pm

i like the no same elements on one team....but item system blancing is bad..dont forget skill comes into play..u can have 2 people with all there gear 2 people without..the other one is unlucky gettin the one who is less skilled..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm

It is pointless to mention that, because we can't put a trigger in the game that measures player skill. (I suppose some kind of complicated system could be made to go with the saving and loading, but it would make your codes significantly longer, and probably not be accurate.)

It is better to stick to tangible things. Skill should be the deciding factor anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Quote :
i like the no same elements on one team....but item system blancing is bad..dont forget skill comes into play..u can have 2 people with all there gear 2 people without..the other one is unlucky gettin the one who is less skilled..

How is splitting elements up bad? Back up your opinion instead of just saying "But I like it"
Same goes with the item system. "It's bad" isn't a reason, why is it bad?

Skill should be the factor that determines the winner, not luck in who has better items and a better team (Element synergy wise).
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:17 pm

dragon it cant be all that complitcated it could just save the kills/death percent and measure by that
but that aside i the elements are a big factor half to games i play end up like earth fire dark V light light earth
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:59 pm

TanK_OwneR wrote:
dragon it cant be all that complitcated it could just save the kills/death percent and measure by that
but that aside i the elements are a big factor half to games i play end up like earth fire dark V light light earth

Except kill/death ratio would rate light low on the totem pole as its not a carry. Things like that stop kill/death ratio from being an effective measure of skill.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Or the fact that KD ratio is not a determining factor of skill. A lightning who suicides for kills to level up faster won't have that great a ratio - however there playstyle might durasticaly change once they get to 62. The fact that you can suicide over and over to manipulate your KS ratio so you have better teams for later games etc. It's not even worth the coding for a system that isn't very accurate in the least bit.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:04 am

ya...the formula I made, accounts for items, gold, and level, which I think is about the best we can ask for...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balancing system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing system   Balancing system Empty

Back to top Go down

Balancing system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: