Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Being Absent Lately

Go down 
+3
ÐeathByCyanide
Dragonheart91
Rhys
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

My Being Absent Lately Empty
PostSubject: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm

A Power Line got knocked down on my block this week on monday, My computer (And my house for that matter) has been without power for days, and it finally came back up today. Ill be working again On mm&m tonight after work. I lost alot of work from not saving the map when it happened (And on top of that my food in my fridge all went bad and I havent had lights or even hot water since the water heater is electric).

Anyways Im sorry to killl who has been looking for me from what I gather in the Garbage can thread. Im on lunch right now and Ill be available for everyone to talk to tonight at the usual time for me, around 5pm eastern. Im throwing the bot back up right now as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm

No need to apologize, that stuff is uncontrollable. I'm glad your back, and sad you lost some work.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Completely understandable. Cool
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 pm

A laptop like mine prevents these disasters, where you still have time to save work/progress before being shut down. Anyways, Rhys, I'm glad your back.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 pm

sorry you lost stuff rhys.. hope this does not become to much of a setback.. glad your back!
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 pm

whaa!? few days without power!?!

what'd you do with your food spoiling/no cooking/no tv/no comp/no lights etc?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Rhys wrote:
(And on top of that my food in my fridge all went bad and I havent had lights or even hot water since the water heater is electric)
he was gone kuro :O
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm

um duh? im asking what he did as in how he managed... not 'he was gone' I KNOW THAT ALREADY

last time our power went out for a day and all of our freezer things melted and all

tank... thats a stupid post... bounce
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Kuro wrote:
thats a stupid post tank

lol kinda gotta agree with her tank.. learn2read lol

ugh waiting for my idol [rhys if anyone doesnt know] to post again.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 11:30 pm

ya...that sucks...I also wanna know if he was serious w/ his reason for banning invisible from some m-books was because it was imba in others...
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Yes Diaster I am serious about it. There comes times when a decision must be made on balance, and if you honestly look at invisible and Rez from a non biased standpoint (remember also that I absolutely love to play holy/water because of toggle res) then you will find these two spells are to broken to be allowed in M-Books. There are more spells that are approachign the brokenness but these two spells literally can win you the game even in a 6v3 situation where you should not be winning at all.

On the note of what I did without power for 3 days, well I took cold showers, used candle light to read, and ate sandwhichs and water every day.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:38 pm

ya...but the reason res is so broken in an m-book is because of toggle res...invisible isn't broken that way for the books its imba in...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm

The easy solution to rez is to just make the M-spell. Invisibility on the other hand is harder to deal with. I would prefer to allow more counters to Invisibility rather than banning it from the books. There is the Jay's item that lets you see invis, Wind and Fire that let you see invis, and possibly something else. I just support adding appropriate counters, and then leaving Invisibility in the M-books. (It is essentially letting you support yourself. So you are a support and a carry on the same mage, but in a way that actually does work.)
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 pm

actually I'm beginning to think it should just become a self target spell and left in the m-books.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 pm

No. Most definitely not. Invisibility is primarily a support spell, and the best ways to use it are to support your team. It is one of the reasons to have a Wind mage in a varied team to produce the best combos. (Silencing and Invisibility.)

We all know you hate support diaster, but please don't be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Its not that I hate support...but toggling invisible is pretty broken actually and I can easily think of a few ways even using it once could be game ending...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Your suggesting that all of the things that Rhys thinks are broken because of Invisibility stay, and that all of the strategic support uses be removed. Your words speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:06 pm

no this goes beyond that, I don't really care that much if it is in a m-book...I think I'll make a topic about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Being Absent Lately   My Being Absent Lately Empty

Back to top Go down

My Being Absent Lately
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: