Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum reward.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Forum reward.   Forum reward. EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 2:43 am

So I got an idea from another WC3 map forum. Feel free to ignore it if it is too much trouble or inconvenience.

The goal, is to try and get more people to register and become active on the forum. The possible solution that I found, is to give special in-game privileges to forum members. For example, in that map, anyone on the forum may request that their specific settings of choices be programmed into the map. That way, they don't have to type a bunch of options at the start of the game. (I.E. I want cam 7, tips off, war on, and my color green always. So, you could program the game whenever Dragonheart91 is playing to activate those settings for me without me always having to type it all.) This is something very simple hopefully both to understand and to implement.

Hopefully that would be an incentive to join the forums, and possibly get us more members. Of course if this is too difficult or takes much time it isn't necessary. I just thought it was an interesting option to consider.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum reward.   Forum reward. EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 am

it would be fairly easy-
-player joins game
-player= dragonheart91
-set cam to 7, color to green, name to DrAgOn, etc etc. for about 20 players ish.

i like it but i dont need it, im fine doing it myself. *but incentives are always good*
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum reward.   Forum reward. EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 am

The only issue I have with this is that if people don't accurately understand what is going on, then they'd start saying things like clan ZMMM cheats or shows favoritism. I think incentives would be cool, but maybe something... different? I mean, Jay has an item named after him and has a half-jokingly created set already worked up. Plus, how does one determine the criteria for getting an in map award? I like the forums, but I leave the balancing up to those with more capable hands. Not sure, just questions to throw around and hopefully they help somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum reward.   Forum reward. EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 am

I think that's a bad idea. As Aqua said, those who don't understand it will be quick to jump to conclusions. Also, when this map gets bigger, then every single player might have a request to have their personal things...This takes up lots of space, lots of time...and although it got the mission of getting more players to the forums, it ends up so we can do less for those players.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum reward.   Forum reward. EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 am

ya....maybe a in game semi-secret that you can only find out about by playing the game w/ one of us or going on the forums? Like how to fight the elemental god?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum reward. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum reward.   Forum reward. Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum reward.
Page 1 of 1