Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evolution vs Creationism

Go down 
+4
Piddagoras
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
AquaAscension
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Evolution vs Creationism - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution vs Creationism   Evolution vs Creationism - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 pm

I also vote a new topic because this one is essentially going in circles and has been boiled down to its roots: does or does not God exist? The question is unanswerable except by the individual.

There is scientific evidence for evolution, but the process is not fully outlined and, thus, is still prone to skeptical attacks. There are other problems as well: how did life start? Why do some species die while others flourish? How does something get from a single celled organism to a walking, talking, two-legged creature that builds societies? I've tried to wrap my mind around the concept of chance creating all that is alive today, but that concept is a difficult one to acknowledge and accept because, in a sense, it denies meaning and leaves people... alone. It is far easier to imagine a benevolent being has taken control of our fortunes than it is to imagine a world without purpose.

The problem with Creationism is based in faith: if there is no God, there is no creation. However, the other problem is the idea of which story does one believe? There are several different religions with several different ideas of how the world was created.

Without belief, there is no theory for the beginning of life, but this is unsatisfactory.

Anything to say about these thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Evolution vs Creationism   Evolution vs Creationism - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Quote :
Without belief, there is no theory for the beginning of life, but this is unsatisfactory.

Why is this unsatisfactory? Can you not just admit that you are just a small spec in a vast universe. To think that such a small creature could contemplate and fully understand something beyond it is somewhat laughable I think.
Here's the problem with science (Though I fully believe in it). It is limited. It is limited to what we can observe. What we see, taste, smell, feel and hear. These can all be enhanced with invention and technology such as microscopes etc.
However, we are and almost always will be, limited to these senses. To think that there is nothing outside these senses...why would one do so? Why should there NOT be something out there that we can't see?
If you believe in Evolution...then how is it that something that came from a single cell, that just happened to become a creature with "Intelligence" is the best that it can be? That it can sense everything there is to sense.

Science admits and is restricted to what we can observe, and to think you can observe everything is ...arrogant for an advanced monkey. It's also limited in that you believe in what you observe. Even one thing that goes against a universal law - and you have to change everything.

Everything is open to skeptical attacks. We don't know why there is gravity, or what causes it. However it's not very attacked - the reason is because Evolution pretty much dictates no purpose besides reproducing. However,
"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
"The unlived life is not worth examining" - Anonymous in response

If there is no real reason to live, then it's not worth even examining, which is what I think makes Humans distinct from other creatures.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Evolution vs Creationism   Evolution vs Creationism - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:48 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
There are other problems as well: how did life start? Why do some species die while others flourish? How does something get from a single celled organism to a walking, talking, two-legged creature that builds societies?

Play Spore, Its all about how well you build, how much DNA you have, and how well you control a creature. and it not always 2-legged, 4 and 3 work better somtimes, more options of feet/hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution vs Creationism   Evolution vs Creationism - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution vs Creationism
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3