Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice/Lightning Multispell

Go down 
+4
killll
Lagger09
kuro
Piddagoras
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

Ice/Lightning Multispell Empty
PostSubject: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:27 pm

My first awful spell idea.
Quote :

Mammon's Drain (Mammon - Biblical demon of greed)

Description:
The mage channels the energies of Ice and Lightning for 6 seconds to trap the target in a prison made of electricity and drain the targets soul.

Effect:
Duration: 6 seconds
Casting type: Channel
Effect: Traps the target in lightning(Something like freeze exept it should look like electricity not ice. And u can cast while trapped, exept for crack, blink or wind walk) and drains the targets mana(1.3*essence per second).
Mana cost: 100

So basicly the target has to stun the caster to stop him from draining his mana and since every element has a stun its quite easy to stop so its not overpowered and it won't drain too much becouse if you but too many points into essence you can't do too much damage.

Ice/lighting is fine with kiss but since killll is going to remake the multibooks and he told me he will remove kiss from it i needed to think of something fast or my favorite mage build will be ruined. rabbit
I hope this is fine for Ice/Lightning.

New one:

Name:Mana Flare
Range: Melee.
Casting Type: Instant.
Mana Cost: 250 mana.
Requires: Absorb Mana and Thunder Clap.
AOE: 500
Effect: Absorbs 2*power mana from every target that has mana in an AOE of 500 and then releasing a nova that does 2*power + absorbed mana damage in an AOE of 500 also stuns the target for 1 second.

The Nova should probably look like a burst of electricity because it is an Ice/LIGHTNING multispell.

Any feedback is welcome, exept for something like: " OMF ITS SOO OP U SUCK!"

-Belial

Last edited by Belial on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:51 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:53 pm

killll is not the developer of this map he has no say in which multi-books are changed...
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Well actually Rhys asked killll to balance the multibooks.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I was completely unaware of such a delegation of responsibility.

Interesting concept, but I don't believe ice/lightning needs any more lock down tactics like an extra shacklefreeze would provide. And the drain would be based on power, not on essence.

6 seconds is a tremendously long time, and 100 mana is incredibly low for such a powerful effect.

Name is bad, it doesnt fit with the elemental theme at all.

Killll isn't removing anything from the ice/lightning book. If Rhys delegated that task to him, any changes that he wished to make for balance's sake would have to go through us first, before they hit the map. Worry not though, for it is going to be removed just like all the other M-book [C] spells as they are replaced with appropriate M-spells.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Well actually i had that spell in mind for some time now, i though i would try to code it myself but i never got to it but i actually like kiss better.
Well the point of that spell was that is is easy to stop and i though it would be fun to have an essence based spell Smile but if it has to be based on power it would be like 0.5*power per second. So if the enemy is smart he wont just stand there but cast a stun spell as soon as possible.
My original idea had a melee range and some other minor changes, so maybe i will post that in the future and see what people think.

I guess i can breath easier that kiss wont be removed from Ice/Lightning and i can lol at killll too clown since he was really sure he will kill my favorite build.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Pfft, like Pythagoras said, just because he was assigned to help balance books, doesn't mean ANYTHING he says will get accepted (Though I'm sure some will). They can Veto everything he says, as well...I don't know about killll's balancing skills. He seems like a whiner more than a balancer to me. On that note, I was delegated to help balance Elemental gear for the new item system, and I expect most of my balancing to be completely reworked - it would actually be a shock (Though very nice) if my numbers, tooltips, spell upgrades etc. made it right into the game.

Ontopic: Don't like the spell - Already got Purge/Crack/Freeze/Slows. You need a melee skill for the Ice/Lightning book whatever it is, because it has so many ways to get close...and since it's melee make it strong, since it already has the drawback of no range. I think a type of Nova type skill - as in... Strong single target damage (Lightning) and then Nova damage around in a good AoE (Ice). Maybe even a Mana Nova type skill...where you blow up his mana, and EITHER steal it, or do damage based on it. Actually, that sucks - It should still be melee whatever it is, what's the point of so many disables and movement skills if you don't need it?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Quote :
Maybe even a Mana Nova type skill...where you blow up his mana, and EITHER steal it, or do damage based on it.

I got a quite interesting idea with that post. How about a melee spell that would couse everything nearby to feed some of its mana into the target and then blow some amount of it up. It would be flashy and interesting. You need some other mages nearby though. Any thoughs on that?

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:36 pm

The more enemy mages the more AoE damage? I like it.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I though about that spell and figured that i might as well post some details. Though i suck at thinking names for these things.

Name:Mana Flare [My idea was Manageddon but that's just bleh]
Range: Melee.
Casting Type: Instant.
Mana Cost: 250 mana.
Requires: Absorb Mana and Thunder Clap.
Effect: Draws mana based on 2*Absorb Mana from every target that has mana in an AOE of 600 to the mage this spell is cast upon and then detonating the absorbed mana in the target for 2*power + absorbed mana in an AOE of 500.

Any ideas are welcome.

-Belial

Last edited by Belial on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:05 pm

Make it Static number + Scaled mana absorbed number as the damage, or make it (Power x 2 damage + Mana Absorbed). Also needs less of a mana cost....Unlike Kiss, you don't actually get mana back with that high of a cost. No slow. No stun. Can't be used on Sanctuary/Earthen Skin/MoC users. Actually, I think my numbers are pretty low.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:13 pm

so...leech life w/ mana then arma the mana leeched? that sounds interesting...
and I think Mana Flare would be a cool name.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the spell.

Oh and Mana Flare is a great name.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:22 pm

maybe you could channel it, and continue to absorbing mana, then after like 3 sec you release it or when you stop channeling? The dmg aoe could go up every second channeled.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:28 pm

With 3 second channel the damage would probably go too high since it already does a max of 720 damage if there are 5 mages near the target but i guess when do you have 5 mages near you tongue . *Added*

-Belial
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:30 am

i dont like the idea. sure ice and lightning need an mspell but lightning and ice arent channelers (other than tazer) it just doesnt fit.

Jay.J wrote:
The more enemy mages the more AoE damage? I like it.

i suggested this for thunderbolt.

shoots out a cloud straight infront of you, hitting each unit for *low, i believe i said .5*power* and each hero for 2*power

dealing a maximum of 7.5*power at final level, getting harder to deal damage with each strike (e.g. 2*power, then 1.6, then 1.2 or w/e )

each bolt having a 200AoE

*i hate how everyone is coming up with ideas that are exactly the same as my old ones, e.g. the waterlight mspell and this spell... T.T *

(go check water spells suggestions and thunderbolt suggestions threads)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:47 am

I won't lie. It's probably your format. Lack of capitilzation/punctuation etc. Spacing is also weird, but that's probably just me. And really..it's not teh same ideas because...well everything is based off of something. It looks similar but everything is similar to something else. There isn't a 100% GREAT original idea that no one has ever though of...simple because the worlds been around for a while Razz.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:59 am

at least three of my spell ideas were recently remixed closely
-aqua sphere
-liquid sunshine
-thunderbolt

and yes i dont have the best orginization skills. and im too lazy to add color ^_^ lol.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:38 am

This sound very close to my Leechageddon, for Dark/Earth. the second version has potential as a good spell, but it doesn't seem like it would work well with either Ice or Lightning, as im not sure any of them have channeled dmg spells, that aren't just a disable with damage (IE Tazer). Good idea, but not for Ice/Lightning.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 am

Hmmm... Well yea channel doesn't fit well with Ice/Lightning but it does a bit too low damage without it, but how about removing the channel and making it drain 2*absorb mana power (Maybe even 3*absorb mana power).

Oh and kuro and Lagger09 don't worry i haven't stolen your ideas (Because i haven't read them silent ).

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 pm

This sounds pretty awesome to me. If not Lightning/Ice, then Earth/Ice would also be a good candidate for this.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I changed it into 2*Absorb mana and made it instant. I also had another idea: Give it 2 functions. First the one already described. The second one would be a self cast that would draw alot of mana into you and detonating it, it would draw mana from allies too but damage only enemies and yourself. That would do a lot more damage but would most likely kill yourself since Lightning/Ice has very low hp.
It's just an idea though. Any comment?

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't like the self damaging part at all. I just realized it's an M-spell, and actually think the Absorb mana damage could still go higher.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Jay u still have to take in conderration that ONLY what 6 mspells have been made ? u cant make it mad strong..yet simply becuz the fact its unfair to othr elements without there Mspell yet
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:32 pm

It's pretty low right now. But it does take mana...So It's a semi-disable. I was onling thinking 2.5x absorb mana damage.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Well yea i though that 2*absorb mana would be a bit weak too but since i very difficult to get 5 mages together in a 500 AOE. So maybe 2.5*absorb mana power or 3*absorb mana power?

-Belial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice/Lightning Multispell   Ice/Lightning Multispell Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice/Lightning Multispell
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next