Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NPC Hero Changes

Go down 
+4
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
Piddagoras
diaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:46 pm

The infernal issue is a tough one, its already got a absurd Mana Cost, its cool down is extremely High, I nerfed its Stun time and its Actual Casting Time both by .5 Seconds in last version, and still its incredibly good. I have a issue with increasing its mana cost because it shouldn't cost more then an Orb does.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:58 pm

They suck hard against NPC heros though. Or atleast in comparison to spells. It's only logical. Towers have a ridiculous amount of spell resistance, so something that isn't magic will own it. It's just what EHP it has. It has meh HP against physical attacks which it SHOULD have, so troops can actually kill it. However it has a VERY high EHP against spells, so it just seems like Infernals are soo much better. However, when an Infernal or other summon attacks a mage, or NPC hero they have the same EHP compared to spells. They then seem to suck. 4 Infernals can be attacking the Ranger, and then the Ranger will still live.

That's why you give auras to NPC heros instead of towers, because they have the same EHP to everything. (Though they should be somewhat variant, and the numbers I gave I think are pretty good.)

Don't nerf Infernal, it's not even that good except destroying towers. And only when massed. Equake owns them regardless of your level, even low power mages can rape towers with it. Yet it does nothing else. Towers are just poor. They either are way too freaking strong, or way too freaking weak. So don't bother with them. Make the focus on something else that's already good where it is, but could be so much better (NPC heroes).
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 pm

I have no plans to further nerf the Infernal Spam issue, I will let the current changes settle in for a version or two and see the general response afterwards. I havent heard as much griping about the infernals lately so I think what I did was a step in teh right direction on that.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Post remains still a reason to give Auras to NPC heroes over towers.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 pm

The reduction of Physical Attack was a Good direction for the auras In my opinion, alot of people made teh same suggestion at different times so technically that was not my idea I just liked it enough to try it out. I have had many good responses to it so I believe it will stay.

As for the NPC Auras, I can certainly agree that the NPCs need a boost of some sort, I feel they are fairly strong as is but I do think that killing a NPC should be more of a reward, currently killing the Knight removes the devotion aura and a troop creep and killing the Ranger gives you no archers to worry about. If anything we can start with giving the Ranger an Aura but I feel that any aura that directly buffs the Knights Attack speed or Attack damage would be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:38 pm

I agree that giving the auras to the NPC heroes would be good as well. Also, I think the towers are a little too strong even after nerfing to accommodate for the auras. Maybe leave their damage how it was after the aura nerf, and also decrease their hp a tad. They freaking slaughter my level 62 even when I have creep back-up.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:42 pm

I was under the impression that the Paladin had the devotion aura. Also, what about the rest of the change suggestions? For example the lowering of HP, but giving it spell resistance for the same general EHP, but to make it so having a creep wave actually means something and it's not JUST there to tank while you fire off spells. And to help end lower level games, while not effecting the high level game without any sort of scaling. Regardless, the armor of the NPC heros should be reduced, both natural and devotion aura.

Right now, I don't understand why I would ever kill the knight unless I felt like it. It has more HP. It has more armor. It's going to get healed by Pally anyway, so what's the difference? It's harder to kill, and makes it easier to win the game, instead of winning the game.

The auras were just suggestions, however I do think each should have an aura/passive and skill setup. What those are can be put to discussion/testing. However the stat changes, armour nerf, spell resistance added, hp lowered, mana changed should me implemented - as it has very little argument to not do.

Edit: Bump
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:45 pm

I don't think anyone has presented any arguments against this. Most of your suggested changes should be implemented in 8.0 IMO. It also shouldn't even take much time, as it is just modifying stats instead of doing the heavy and time-consuming coding that Rhys and Pythagoras normally do.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:47 pm

ya...It would actually make the creep getting buffed do something cause right now by the time the upgrades actually make a diff, everyone wants to leave...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:03 am

jay.j's idea isn't bad for balancing game time, i'd prefer if the towers lost the dmg aura and regen, while the other npcs get weaker versions of the auras mentioned by op. reduced armor and more spell resist sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 pm

Just reminding everyone about this idea. I think it's pretty important.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Quote :
I have a issue with increasing its mana cost because it shouldn't cost more then an Orb does.

Quote :
I have no plans to further nerf the Infernal Spam issue, I will let the current changes settle in for a version or two and see the general response afterwards.

What happened to them apples? Isn't Infernal like 400 now Razz.

Anyways, this was more just to bump the idea.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 pm

If you wanted to give an aura that wouldn't affect dmg/speed of knight, you could make either a Trueshot, or a reverse trueshot that affect enemies. also, its very hard to kill the archer atm because it never enters the general combat zone, due to its range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC Hero Changes   NPC Hero Changes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NPC Hero Changes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2