Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragonheart91 as Shaman.

Go down 
+3
Rhys
Jay.J
Dragonheart91
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Dragonheart91 as Shaman. Empty
PostSubject: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am

While I enjoy my position, I am not entirely sure I deserve it. This is not a resignation, but I would like to hear some discussion.

Reasons why I make a good Shaman:

-I play the game and am fairly good.
-I am usually helpful and try to enforce rules / keep things in order in the channel.
-I recruit anyone interested and try to keep the clan active.

Reasons why I am pointless as Shaman:

-I cannot host.
-I am not going to be on much in the next few weeks.
-I really only play MM&M 3-4 times a week even when I am active.
-I recruit random people just because they show interest.
-I don't demote people or remove them from the clan unless specifically ordered to.

Anyway, I just want to hear some opinions. I'm fine with either way.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 am

Who would be a better replacement in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 am

I don't know, but having only 4 Shamans isn't that bad.

Like I said, this is not a resignation. I simply do not really feel qualified.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:24 pm

To be honest this is what Ive been thinking on this :

1.) Each shaman Should be able to host, there for any new shaman position comes from the pool of Grunts
2.) Each shaman should be actively playing in or hosting games at least two nights a week.

Most importantly

3.) Each shaman should be active in the forums at least twice a week.

BashAndSmash Cant host, I love the guy hes great and all but neither can you now?

I don't think the channels need moderation anymore with both Sinister and myself pretty much working together to have at least one of our bots online at any time of the day. That being said the point of the Shaman position should be to positively promote the game, the clan, and if necessary to brand some justice on the channel from time to time.

Currently I have Diaster (Who is on a short vacation) and AquaAscension that are my main shamans, I see them everyday except for this weekend diaster, I see bashandsmash everyday too but he cant host. No offense but Ive never seen DragonHeart91 since version 6.* in channel.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 pm

I changed your Title to "Clan Chieftan" Rhys. Hope you don't mind, since I did it without asking if you wanted it. That last post you made me give it to you. You'll be a good cheiftan. You speak your mind, even if it may not be the easiest thing to say. SinisteRing gave the position to the right person. However, I disagree with the hosting part - but it is your clan now Smile

Edit: Throw on an avatar/Signature. You have a title now, yet you don't stand out at all.

Last edited by DarkDjinni on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed, due to spam.)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Well Rhys, we must get on at different times. Not counting the last week and the coming few weeks, I am usually online a few hours per day. Now granted, I usually only play MM&M every other day or so. (It is like a 3 hour game sometimes so it takes up my entire time block.) Even so, I idle in the channel often and am online playing or recruiting a good deal.

I do fulfill #s 2 and 3, and #1 was compensated by being friends with SinisteRing. That is basically how I got shaman.

So, I leave it up to you; but I would like to see a better reason for demotion than "he can't host."
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:27 pm

I would like the job i was a shaman in my forumer clan i can host but the only problem is im horrible at recruiting and im on vacation till aug 15 and unitl then im only like once every couple days and cant host UNTIL i get home when i get home im on non stop b/c i have no life.... Sad Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:02 pm

It might be good to note, however, that you're far more active on the forums than I am. Otherwise, the hosting thing is nice or maybe if Shamans just had the power to get other able hosters to host then that'd be good as well. Whatever, I just think of the position as arbitrary (with maybe a little bit of earned-ness) but that's not really the point... The point is to be in a clan that promotes a fun map so that I and others can also enjoy the map.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
So, I leave it up to you; but I would like to see a better reason for demotion than "he can't host."

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Reasons why I am pointless as Shaman:

-I cannot host.

EXQUEEZE ME! Maybe you shouldn't have that listed as a reason why you don't think you should have Shaman, then? jocolor

Okay, being serious here - What does hosting have to do anything with being a shaman? What, are you going to kick someone out because they can't do something that's physically impossible for them? That isn't very fair, in my opinion.

However, hosting does have one major advantange if you're shaman - you can control the games, and make sure there's no abusion, and you can moderate the other members of your clan, and make sure they aren't being, ah, poopyheads, for lack of a better term.

But yeah...I'd rather have good shamans than have good hosters for shamans. Being able to host shouldn't be required if you've got other good traits.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 pm

zombies!! hes back!! get the shotgun!!

alright, smart-ass comments aside, I'd say dragon is fine as a shaman, though he should work on getting hosting capabilities. For right now I'd say we need to figure out the best way to organize events and spread mmm and give it the fan base such an awesome game deserves. I know Rhys and I were talking about weekly tournaments, but we got about as far as deciding to use the mail system his bot has to get info in and out. So long as you and bash actively help I see no reason to lose your positions.

(It is a real bitch for me to get online, so chances are I won't be back on till like Thursday night, but I might be able to get online again, dunno.)
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:16 pm

I see no reason to demote you at the moment other then i still never see you online.

Until a suitable replacement could be found I wouldn't even consider you not being a shaman.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:59 pm

I'd love to see tournaments be organized. Last time SinisteRing tried to organize them - they failed. I don't know how well it was advertised outside the forums, with his bot or mouth to mouth, as I know a LOT of people don't visit the forums. Ever. They'll tell me to suggest something, or report something instead of coming on and doing it themselves. Sometimes even when SinisteRing is on himself Razz. But ya, maybe it was because it wasn't on B-net...I know I didn't showup myself because a) I went out that night, and b) I forgot about them. And I'm the Head Admin :O. Soooo it would have to be really well organized to be done well.

Ontopic: Dragon has been on vacation, which might be the reason you haven't noticed him in a while, and it just seems longer than it actually has been.

On the note of vacation, when is RapidFireOmega coming back?
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:07 am

Jay.J wrote:
On the note of vacation, when is RapidFireOmega coming back?

Could be years from now, as far as I know.

You need an off-topic section that isn't the trash, nor games, so important stuffz doesn't get deleted. Face Palm
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 am

Diaster and I are working on how it could be done, my main strategy so far in forming the thing is flexible scheduling and from talks with diaster hes been working on the whole reward issue "why play in the thing at all" type of deal. I'm not so sure yet because hes not back from vacation and we've only talked briefly while hes in new jersey.

I agree that organizing on forums alone inst enough and most likely why it failed last time, that and the rigid scheduling. So hopefully we can work something out better this time, I actually have to talk to sinisterring about this now that you reminded me of it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Alright, sounds good to me. I will remain as Shaman unless and until a better person is found. As far as not seeing me, I am going to still be gonzors for another two-three weeks still, so please forgive my absence. And, please tell me when your generally on. I will try to get on when you are so I can talk/play with you more.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Eastern Time

Everynight you can nudge my bot to get my attention between 5pm-1am, I usually host games between 7pm-midnight.

*I randomly check Channel Activity in the morning between 7am-8:30am and from Noon-12:45pm*

Last edited by Rhys on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonheart91 as Shaman.   Dragonheart91 as Shaman. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragonheart91 as Shaman.
Page 1 of 1