Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

needing hosting advice/help desperately

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

needing hosting advice/help desperately Empty
PostSubject: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 am

okay well i have a hosting problem... i was able to host and the next day i couldnt. i need help.Crying or Very sad

the start- (i learned how to host) many times ive tried to fix my hosting but it never worked. then i stumbled onto the help section guide 'cant host? maybe i can help -grom'. i followed it, went network properties and such, made it do something specific rather than auto acquire, go to my 'portsite' (enter my ipaddress in a web browser) and opened some ports.

The attempt, the fall Well the next day i told my brother that i had learned how to host. of course he asked if i could give him the ability to host and i agreed. so i went on his laptop (we have 2 laptops at the house, same internet connection i believe) and started fiddling with the connection properties so that his didnt auto acquire, but did some specific ip address instead. i then went onto the ip-site thing expecting it to be different, but it was the same as the other one. i fiddled with it... then i realized they were the same so i left it alone after that.

trying it out... i tried to host with his computer on warcraft and it didnt work. i told him sorry, and i also told him that i could just host mmam for both of us if needed. so i went on my comp to host a game of mmam. he joined, but my friend couldnt join. i found that odd. before i starting messing with the comp connections, he couldnt join my games and i couldnt join his... i tried returning things back to normal but maybe i did something wrong. i decided to try again tomorrow with some other possible port-opening guide.

complications i woke up late to find out that a computer repairman had come to repair the desktop computer (which had a virus because it was really really old or something). he had also offerred to firewall the other two laptops so that they wouldnt get infected with a virus. which he subsequently did without my consent at all.

after solving a puzzle i am granted with a staff of gold encrusted jewels, and then the next day it is taken from me and thrown into a pile of fakes and then the whole thing is locked up in a locked box and the key eaten.

please help me, i got to host for a day and then it was taken away... any suggestions or ideas are welcome. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:08 am

If both of your computers are on the same network, they cannot both use the same port. Likely your attempting to use 6112 for both of them. Simply go to your brothers laptop, and set the port to 6113 in warcraft. Also, make sure they aren't using the same static IP.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:33 pm

well what happened was my brother's laptop had like no settings on,

but then i added some stuff in... and yeah i think the ip's were similar.

however, i reset his ip address stuff and it still didnt work.

i followed the 'grom' guide for each one.

should i also disable the firewall?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Did you set the ports to 6112 and 6113? If you didn't do that, then it won't work.

And yes, always disable the firewall when testing if you can host. Eliminate all possible variables.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:24 pm

when i went to the 'website ip' thing, i set it to

available ports: 6112-6119 and set them all to ENABLED.

any other thing i can do to fix it?

liek something possibly to do with the internet-network connection properties where i entered my specific gateway?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:26 pm

In Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, set your hosting port to 6113 on one of the computers.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:28 pm

okay. ill do that. brb.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 6:04 pm

So is it working now?
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:30 pm

well okay i looked and my bro was on port 6113 and my comp was on 6112... hm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: needing hosting advice/help desperately   needing hosting advice/help desperately Empty

Back to top Go down

needing hosting advice/help desperately
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: