Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arcane Spell List

Go down 
+2
ÐeathByCyanide
SinisteRing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Arcane Spell list:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:

Denied Spells:

To be considered:
Shape Explosives - Creates an explosive clay that can be thrown causing 2.5/4/5.5/7/8.5*power damage (aoe)

Shape Shield - Provides a 25/30/35% resistances to frontal attacks.

Shape Wall - Creates a medium sized wall adjacent to your position. Cannot pass through the wall.

Shape Missile - Creates a missile that flies straight, dealing 3/4/5*power in an area upon impact and stunning for 1.5 seconds.

Shape Minion - Create a golem

Conserve Magic - Allows you to use all spells with a 2/4/6% reduction in cost.

Explosive Minion - Creates a Minion with the ability to explode with the same power as Shape explosives.

Ultimate - Shape Body - allows you x stamina and x magic resistance, lasts 10 seconds

Ultimate - Shape Form - allows you to shape your form into another form.

Ultimate - Shape Dome - Creates a dome around you that lasts 15 seconds, spells cannot pass through it.

Magic Missile- stuns .3seconds per level, deals .8dmg per level, 700 range, 5 levels.

Arcane Intellect- passively adds +2 essence and 5%mana regen (2sp per level, 5 levels)

Rejuvenate- at the cost of 15(+5/level) mana, adds 30+(15/level) after 10/9/8/7/6/5
seconds. (pays mana, gets back more mana in future few seconds)

Arcane Sphere- channel for 3 seconds. you then receive a buff (arcane sphere) which gives you bonus damage on your next attack, a bit more range, and a stun that lasts as long as magic missile's stun. buff goes away after 60 if not used, and if interrupted, nothing happens.

Arcane Shield- passively reduces spell dmg by 2/4/6%, and when activated, reduces magic damage by 11/22/33%.

ultimate- Arcane Implosion- sucks in everything within range, deals damage, and then blasts them away. you passively get an 'immolation' style buff/thing while channeling it. (passive dmg, along with super nuke in the middle of channeling)
Back to top Go down

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am

I like the idea of your spells especialy your ultimates but remove the all shape this shape that stuff lol
So 1 shape explosvies is like Arcane Explosion and btw its a bit powerful for a aoe unless it was a ult so maybe 5 or 6 power half way up the tree

SHape dome could be magic dome or shield dome but yeah i like most of your ideas there good lol

Apart from explosive minion how bout the standar minion has explode like techy but 25% chance on death at 3/4 power
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am

Sorry to shoot you down like this, but I wont be revealing or discussing any of the Arcane spells at the time. #1. It's a long ways away. #2. I'm secretive like that. You're welcome to make your own list of what you'd LIKE to see with approval from Jay.J, and I'll consider some of the spells he approves. Otherwise, you wont get much info on the arcane spells.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 pm

diaster wrote:
Shape Explosives - Creates an explosive clay that can be thrown causing 2.5/4/5.5/7/8.5*power damage (aoe)

Please don't bring anything Naruto related into MM&M forums. Sad
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:39 pm

It's just c4...nothing naruto related...kinda...I was actually kinda just trying to come up with an offensive skill and thats what came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Deidara I believe? He has clay chakara type bomb stuff....And he moulds the clay into birds and stuff....
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 4:05 pm

deidara, the guy who eats/chews clay/barfs with his hands. he has mouth-hands. ew. he has a cool hairdoo though.

and by the way, the first half of those ideas are diaster's, the second half are my ideas.

my ideas arent refined as much as diaster's though. he took them from the arcane suggestions thread thing.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:24 am

when i hear c4 i think call of duty 4. or i think battlefield XD umm yea please no naruto.. but the arcane book should be ANCIENT spells dontchathink, the golem thing is cool, but arcane means ANCIENT so no clay.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:56 am

SinisteRing wrote:
Sorry to shoot you down like this, but I wont be revealing or discussing any of the Arcane spells at the time. #1. It's a long ways away. #2. I'm secretive like that. You're welcome to make your own list of what you'd LIKE to see with approval from Jay.J and DarkDjinni, and I'll consider some of the spells he approves. Otherwise, you wont get much info on the arcane spells.

+1 Post.

Fixed, because Sin knows this is true.
Back to top Go down

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 9:43 am

Convincing Jay.J...That'll be...fun... ._.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:03 pm

lol convincing someone on a spell who is against the element in the first place? ya...thats gonna be easy...

Alright I'd really like to see this as an arcane spell

Conserve Magic: You use the essence of magic itself so often you know how to do the same magic as others but with less of a toll on yourself by 2/4/6%.

Magic Wall: You create a wall of pure magic. The wall cannot be passed through and have 4/5/6 sections, created adjacent to your position. Each section of the wall has 500/750/1000 hp. You can select sections of the wall and destroy them on command.
(basically it makes a bunch of units all lined up, with a detonation ability, and spirit linked. The sections would be able to take attacks like firebolt effectively protecting the mage.)

Enhanced Body: You fill yourself with magical energies often creating the perfect body. gives +1/2/3 to all stats.

I'd love to see the wall spell added, that would be such a unique spell and would make arcane great support to have.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:18 pm

I'll be fair. Umm come up with a good list of spells (preferablly 11) that would be QWERT etc. And ultimate and stuff - try to have good synergy, hopefuly a theme etc. Just because I don't want it there - doesn't mean it won't be implemented - and if it is implemented - I would like it to be atleast well balanced, and good overall that will fit into the game.

Keep in mind that the element will have to also be in Multi-books, so moves that would be overpowered in other books are discouraged - things similar to Sanctuary etc.
Back to top Go down

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:24 pm

I think the most difficult part of this is actually determining which skill to put where in the spellbook...that plays an enormous role on M-spell books

Personally I still like the thought of the element being on mana disruption...most of the spells doing small amounts of mana combustion in which damage is returned. Things being around such as Wraith...a summoning spell which would summon an Arcane Wraith which feeds off of the energy of your foe, burning off 6/12/18 mana every attack but having 0-0 damage.

I'll go put some serious thought into it, come up with a list of possible spells, and pick the 11 which i believe to be the best then put down the rest which i feel are worthy...If i feel I can't come up with enough decent ones then i'll just leave it up to Sin on where to take the element. Aside from that I highly doubt my vision of the element currently and his coincide at all.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Mhmm - It's very difficult to just make spells - then there's in which slot do they go, then theres are they strong enough to be in the slot they are assigned (because you have to get certain spells to reach other ones) and do they work in that.. you get a basic nuke to get a better one - and then maybe a summon to a better one, Like Drk has a summoning side and a nuking side etc. doesn't have to be like that at all - just saying it's an idea.

I don't care what the theme is because Arcane isn't exactly theme specific, as long as it has 1-3 main themes and they synergize well. I'll repost my Illusion element when i get home, so maybe you guys can get some ideas from that. (It was posted on the old forums) I think I still have it on my home computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arcane Spell List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcane Spell List   Arcane Spell List Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcane Spell List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: