Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects

Go down 
4 posters

Want more than simple animations?
Yes
Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects I_vote_lcap75%Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
No
Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects I_vote_lcap25%Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Sorry, I'm having a spurt of (IMO) good ideas, so I gotta get them out right now! This is the new idea:

Spell animations would be added to each individual spell when casted. This way, instead of just having the mage do the little "throw hand infront of face, spell gets casted" animation, a cool effect would appear on the persons hands or something. This could be added slowly over time, as selection of the correct models and placements of what going where will take some time - along with the triggers to do so. It's purely cosmetic and I think it would a new type of cool spice to the game.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm colour blind (in case any of you didn't already know) so I forsee this causing problems for people similar to myself. It would also remove the mystery of what you are casting. if this was added I'd no longer be able to cast restore in the middle of a group of enemies and have them run from my "armageddon"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 am

lol i think it would be cool, just maybe hard to come up with different things for all the spells out there
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Indifferent. If it was done so each element had a different type of animation, then alright. I don't think each spell however should have a different animation. Adds too much space, and gives away spells. Only to a certain extent should this be added.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:56 pm

I would support one animation per element, but that is all. I also think it would add alot of space to the map and be slightly detrimental. (You could see what was being cast instead of having to figure it out through logic.) So, I basically agree with Jay.J completely.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I also think it would add alot of space to the map
All the models are already in the map - they're blizzard effects... You'd be surprised how effective you can harness Blizzard effects in Warcraft to a good advantage. Just take a look at VQuest.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 am

That would mean 10x as much had I done anything to actually make a map. I know the lingo, yet I have never played around with the world editor enough to know anything worthwhile. Regardless the point of giving away spells still holds. I would say a different animation for each element - and even then, with multi-element books it kind of gives it away, but I think it would be worthwhile as it only gives SOME hint to what is coming and would be good for cosmetic purposes.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects   Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (6/22) [2]: Spell Effects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: