Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balnazzar[Bot]
Master Mage
Master Mage
Balnazzar[Bot]

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Write

Favorite Game Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Game   Favorite Game EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm

What's your favorite game of all time?
It can be for any console or PC. Include the release date, genre, console, all the basic information; you could also include a link to its GameSpot site, or give a short description of it describing what makes it so special, after all, we're all gamers here, and not any game can be your favorite one.

I'll start.
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor, Nintendo DS, Early 2009.
Publisher(s): Atlus
Designer(s): Shinjiro Takada
Artist(s): Suzuhito Yasuda
Kazuma Kaneko
Composer(s): Takami Asano
Platform(s): Nintendo DS
Release date(s): JP 15 January 2009
NA 23 June 2009
Genre(s): Tactical role-playing
Mode(s): Single-player
Rating(s) CERO: B
ESRB: T
Media: Game card

Comments: Another installment of the highly successful Shin Megami Tensei Franchise.
A new version of this game has been announced for the 3DS, probably since this is considered one of the best DS games and one of the best installments of the franchise.
I didn't actually play it on the DS, but on a DS Emulator (NO$GBA), although I do have a DS.

Description: First of all, I wanna start by saying this game got great reviews, to which I include a link (GameSpot), but here I'll provide a short one (Don't worry no spoilers, just the basic story and important concepts).

Pros: Uniqueness, Character Development (Each character's background, etc.), Lots of Replayability, Set in one of the best video game universes (In my opinion), Graphics, Difficulty keeps the game interesting, even if you don't like the great story.
Cons: I can't really find one, and if there is any, hopefully it will be fixed in the new version of it being made for the 3DS.

Set in modern-day Tokyo, you are "Hero" (You choose the name), cousin/brother of Naoya, a brilliant programmer. Suddenly, demons start showing up in the city, the government starts a blockade, and you and your group of friends are left trapped in one of the capitals of the world on the brink of destruction.
Each character has a different point of view of what to do about the situation, some will want to control the demons, some will try to eradicate them, and some will simply try to run. Over the course of the story you can align with any of these unique characters; whose future, yours, and Tokyo's depend on the decisions you make.

Links:
GameSpot's Devil Survivor's Site.
Shin Megami Tensei's Wiki: Devil Survivor.
Wikipedia's Devil Survivor Site.
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online (MMORPG).

I conclude my post, looking forward to your input.

P.S.: The Shin Megami Tensei franchise includes an MMORPG by the name of "Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine." It's free to play and got very good reviews too, so I recommend it to you if you like MMORPGs.
Back to top Go down

Favorite Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: