Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) Empty
PostSubject: IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)   IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:57 am

DotA is copying from Heroes of Newerth, and not the other way around now. Check a few changes:
Quote :
Priestess of the Moon
- Starfall AoE increased by 50 to fix issues with it not hitting units on the edge of your attack
Quote :
Valkyrie:
- Call of the Valkyrie radius increased to 650 from 600
Interesting...
Quote :
Blademail
- Blademail can no longer reflect blademail sourced damage
This mechanic was in place in HoN for as long as I can remember. BBQ!
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)   IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 am

That doesn't mean it was copied...

Starfall not working from the edge of attacks was a common complaint - and Blade Mail in general was a very strong item to the point where 6+ heroes would get it in a game and needed the nerf.

Regardless, is there a point?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)   IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:03 pm

I think the point he is trying to make (not sure he's getting it) is that HoN is becoming more of the official RTS Arena game than DotA. His evidence being that the changes S2 is makng to HoN are driving the changes IceFrog is doing to DotA.

Ever since I tried HoN, I thought it was better than DotA. I do believe it is better balanced. Still, HoN has the advantage of having an engine designed for this playing style. DotA does not.
Nevertheless, I don't think that people will forget DotA as the first popular game of this specific RTS gameplay. Well, that is until 5 years in the future, when later gamers/generations don't even know what Warcraft is, and only think "WoW" when they hear "Warcraft" . . .
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)   IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:39 pm

But his evidence is weak at best.

Two changes - one of which was something that should have always been like that and has been an issue for a while, and the second being a balance concern because of a few tournaments that had mass Blade Mails.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)   IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN) Empty

Back to top Go down

IceFrog Starting to Copy S2 (HoN)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: