Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ŠeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:58 pm

What are yours? This will be a fun thread. I actually got this idea from school, I have to write a sermon about a pet peeve of mine, which is below.

Girls who try to be "cute" by acting stupid. (Except, it does just the opposite, and makes them unattractive).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Excessive arrogance. Confidence is good, as is witty satire revolving around it (Colbert for example). But actual arrogance is a a major nuisance because these people, more often than not can't handle any criticism and are usually ignorant because they won't accept anything that they themselves don't think, or didn't come up with.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
ŠeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Excessive arrogance. Confidence is good, as is witty satire revolving around it (Colbert for example). But actual arrogance is a a major nuisance because these people, more often than not can't handle any criticism and are usually ignorant because they won't accept anything that they themselves don't think, or didn't come up with.

Agreed. The Colbert Report is ridiculously hilarious, (Along with The Onion). Ill raise you with people who have insecurity issues: ones who act obnoxious, or like total "assholes" because of the latter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Number of posts : 2357

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm

People being mean to each other just because they can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
People being mean to each other just because they can.

Isn't that called friendship? Being able to poke fun at a friend without it really hurting. Teasing and such?

Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 2031

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Wow, so I'm a pet peeve now Jay? Really? Way to break up using the forums.

I'm so over you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zyncmmm.ace.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:40 am

You're arrogant? What do you have to be arrogant about...You have nothing going for you. =)

^^ Me being mean to SinisteRing because he knows I'm joking.

Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Not the same thing as what I mean. That is obvious sarcasm and it's funny. People go way beyond what's ok, and into the realm of cruelty. I see far too much of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Not the same thing as what I mean. That is obvious sarcasm and it's funny. People go way beyond what's ok, and into the realm of cruelty. I see far too much of it.
And yet you don't play DotA. IMO, you see far too little of it.

Good thing HoN doesn't have as many bastardly types as DotA does.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 pm

My biggest pet peeve is when parents who have a kid, and the kid turns out to be a complete moron, continue having children!

It's like WTF! Why are you polluting our world with worthlessness? Are you trying to disprove Darwin or are you just that selfish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Zync wrote:
My biggest pet peeve is when parents who have a kid, and the kid turns out to be a complete moron, continue having children!

It's like WTF! Why are you polluting our world with worthlessness? Are you trying to disprove Darwin or are you just that selfish?

It's in genes to reproduce. Blame the lack of self control. Also, that would fit nicely into the arrogance category. People who don't realize they're stupid are usually the stupid ones.

Pet peeve for me would be lying. Either by omission or by actively doing it. If you can't back up and keep your words, then keep them to yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ŠeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:47 am

I love Darwin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piddagoras
Map Maker

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 am

Spoiler:

Something that annoys me is people who always need to have something to say. Even if they have to change the subject entirely to avoid a silent moment. The primary example of this, so you know what I'm talking about, I dub the "Story Dude". He or she finds ways to relate everything in a conversation back to some experience he or she has had, and if a conversation stalls, they'll tell a story. These stories are usually short and have very little relate-ability and/or lack a thesis. They also tend to laugh at their own stories and jokes often. They can be interesting in small doses, but I find the behavior eccentric and for that reason it becomes annoying quite quickly.

"On the lips, on the mouth, on the floor, reaching out.
On the carpet, on the ceiling, no more words, no more feelings"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm a story dude... People seem to like it though?

But you are right that there is a time and place to be story dude and there is a time when it's enough and you need to just listen for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Too bad Dragonheart was born. Darwin's theory proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:16 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
Too bad Dragonheart was born. Darwin's theory proved wrong.

That was mean and didn't even make sense...

Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm

quite harsh, someone needs a hug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Harshness is the name of the game. I'm just an overall dickhead.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:05 am

You've seem to have been getting worse and worse it seems. I think your long over due for a good hug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:39 am

I get annoyed with people who think that hugs will fix everything. They fix nothing and simply make one dependent on the loving embraces of others. Screw that. Break the addiction to love and meaningful human connection before you become hopelessly lost to the snare of hugs. Remember, Hugs are the gateway drugs of love. (It may have been an inordinate amount of time since my last hug fix too.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Well, lately I have been instituting a new policy. "Don't screw with me. Don't screw with my stuff. Failure to comply will result in physical damage."

It seems to work reasonably well. I'm not sure if it is actually getting people to leave me alone, but it does feel good to make them pay for it. I've also got my body trained to a reflex so whenever I'm touched I punch in that direction. This is also extremely amusing except when my Mom tries to hug me. (Then it is not so good...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm

That really also doesn't help your paranoia problem, which I think is rather self-evident.

Anyway, SinisteRing and Aqua both need hugs. I suggest they hug each other for efficiency. I'm available for a hug, no homo though.

Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:33 pm

hahaha... actually posting this inspired me to write about the danger of hugs. It's still not quite done yet though.

"Hugs are the gateway drugs of love. You'll start with a slight taste of her soft embrace, but soon you'll need two or three or four hugs to equal the joy of just one hug. Indeed after awhile, only the pure shit will hit the spot. Which means that watered-down, weak and awkward excuses for hugs like the side-ways scooping motion will no longer fly, won't get you high; no. It's got to be straight on and pure and those hugs inject so much drug (like dopamine or endorphins that break bricks or make fake walls fall) that you'll need both arms outstretched to get the same narcotic effect.

Yeah it feels good at first but finding a dealer at any hour of the night will become an increasingly Herculean effort. I'm talking like Zen riddles of one hand clapping will be easier to understand that finding and wrapping your self-same sore arms around a good hug-drug dealer.

Especially if you're like me and looking to soothe the mind at odd hours for fixes between the lines of pages or the on the lines of my hands where life is rumored to be written. And I spend countless hours contemplating why my love and life lines seem to always be separated by diverging degrees like a clock stopped with its seconds hand a moment from noon but unable to jump across an invisible chasm forever isolated from converging."

Not finished but fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:09 pm

That's well written...Guess it's expected when that's what you like...do. Write and read stuff.

Anywho, you've merely avoided your hug from Sin with a well written piece on hugs. Also, I'd argue that human contact is the gateway to love, just a touch. It leads to the harder things such as hugs and kisses though.

Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Is that not what girlfriends are for? Free hug-dealers ftw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.   

Back to top Go down

Annoyances, Irks, Pet Peeves, or Nusiances.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: