Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game

Go down 
+6
bestnameever10
Coverzin
Jay.J
Bartimaeus
Dragonheart91
SinisteRing
10 posters

Good Idea?
T-Up
CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game I_vote_lcap38%CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
T-Down
CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game I_vote_lcap62%CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game Empty
PostSubject: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:49 pm

My idea is to make a constant world role playing strategy game. Something I've never seen in an RTS or any form of strategy game before is a constant world. One that, if you left the game and came back tomorrow, it'd still be there. The current RTS games that I've seen all along require you to create a game, play it out, win or lose, then create another.

However, in this game, you'd create your world from a commanders perspective. Not overhead, but as your own player. You'd be given AI-controlled squads in which you may give orders to create, destroy, attack, etc. Instead of being the player looking down on all his troops, you'd be right there with them in an FPS form of action.

The twist comes with the constant world. As you went offline, you'd be safe from harm for sure. However, you'd also be able to keep your AI "troops" going to work on something or attack someone else. This creates a constant warfare scenario, but we'll have to keep boundaries from making sure things don't go too far too fast in order to make sure that no one dies overnight without having any chance of stopping it. Very Happy

Anyway, that's basically the overview. Give me what you think and ask any questions you'd like.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Basically, your talking about a game like Evony but with heavy FPS elements right?

I don't really like that type of game because it requires you to keep coming back at least once a day and usually for multiple hours per day just to keep from losing. I prefer a game that can be played at your leisure and not force a constant state of panic on the player even when they aren't playing.

I will wait for better description before I vote.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I don't really like that type of game because it requires you to keep coming back at least once a day and usually for multiple hours per day just to keep from losing.
And that's exactly the type of game I like... -.-

Damn, this is gonna be hard.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I prefer a casual gameplay timetable. A game you can pick up and play for half an hour, for 3 hours, or all day. A game you can play for days solid, or that you can leave alone for weeks and not be bothered.

This works for most console games actually. You simply play as long as you want, save, and come back when you feel like it. It also works in many MMORPGs as long as they aren't making you pay per month or anything. Only a very few games actually don't fit this. The real time working in the background type, games that you pay per month for, and a few other games that have constant free stuff going on that you miss if your not there.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 pm

I like the idea, but it could also suck.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I prefer a casual gameplay timetable. A game you can pick up and play for half an hour, for 3 hours, or all day. A game you can play for days solid, or that you can leave alone for weeks and not be bothered.

This works for most console games actually. You simply play as long as you want, save, and come back when you feel like it. It also works in many MMORPGs as long as they aren't making you pay per month or anything. Only a very few games actually don't fit this. The real time working in the background type, games that you pay per month for, and a few other games that have constant free stuff going on that you miss if your not there.

This sums it up nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Coverzin
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 am

That sounds like more work to play than it would take to make.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:11 am

Coverzin wrote:
That sounds like more work to play than it would take to make.
Exactly. That's the point. After you finish it, you wont have time to make it better because you're too busy actually having fun playing it!
Back to top Go down
bestnameever10
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
bestnameever10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 am

I like the sound of it but in order to make some people happy if your not on in like 2 days it doesnt let you compltly die and even if you do even while your on it would be easy not to easy to get back where you were so you don't lose a lot and another idea would be starting off as a private and working your way up to general or something but hard to give ideas need more info so far i like the idea.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Hmmm... The game concept sounds incredibly fun really. A few points:

I. What program or engine do you plan on using for the development of the game?

II. Do you have a dedicated server that will run the game environment in real-time 24/7?

III. Perhaps to address the issue that a number of people seem to be raising concerning the fact that you can die while not on-line or the necessity to play extremely frequently to survive, you could institute a "fortify" or "defend" type command where your AI units (as well as the player controlled commander) bunker down and set up basic fortifications or occupy a building that they could defend while you are off-line. One interesting possibility could be the option to "set up camp" for the night, where the soldiers would pitch tents and build some sort of defenses (e.i. sandbags, trenches, foxholes, etc). That way, when you are not actively playing the game, your soldiers could defend themselves against enemy attacks while maintaining a defensive position. Another option would be to place civilian (or military) buildings in the game world that can be occupied and defended easily. That was, players are less likely to be killed while off-line.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:53 pm

The concept sucks because it rewards those with "no life" and who can play all day, opposed to having any amount of skill, nor does it seem very fun like an RPG where they have the same kind of thing where Grind > Skill, but just...meh.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
bestnameever10
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
bestnameever10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 am

Well from what the game sounds like you have to have a sound grasp of strategy or you will not gain anything you have to win fights against other people to get money or something then you can buy better items or troops or more but the better you get the easier it is for you to get knocked down really not much info on this game but you can invade people but like omega was saying you get to make a base then if they attack it will take time to lose your entire base. You should also get money over time. even when your not on but in order to get anything you have to win fights not grind? against terrorists? Talking about that you should be able to send spy's to do that kind of things. but sounds like we are getting to a kind of total war or rts game now.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Jay.J wrote:
The concept sucks because it rewards those with "no life" and who can play all day, opposed to having any amount of skill, nor does it seem very fun like an RPG where they have the same kind of thing where Grind > Skill, but just...meh.
Seconded
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Hmm... I had been under the assumption that Zync had been assassinated by a competetive map maker and was no longer with us. Good to see you retain your living state.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:57 pm

I pop my head in now and again, usually when work is slow, but most of the time the things you guys are posting on do not qualify for remark.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Zync wrote:
I pop my head in now and again, usually when work is slow, but most of the time the things you guys are posting on do not qualify for remark.
QFT
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Expert Mage
Expert Mage
Kisame

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Your Character
Primary Move: BOOM BOOM

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Zync wrote:

Ouch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game   CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game Empty

Back to top Go down

CWRPSG - Constant World Role Playing Strategy Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: