Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

State of the Game - Confused?

Go down 
+8
ElderKingpin
Bartimaeus
TanK_OwneR
Dragonheart91
Rhys
diaster
Jay.J
SinisteRing
12 posters

How Much Control Should I Have?
Full Control - Do Whatever
State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_lcap29%State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
High Control - Almost Whatever, with Rhys's Input
State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_lcap29%State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Medium Control - Only What's Agreed with Rhys
State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_lcap42%State of the Game - Confused? I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

State of the Game - Confused? Empty
PostSubject: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:08 pm

I've done a lot, that much I know. There's been drastic changes made to the map, some which are agreeable and some which are slightly more controversial. Thing is, I'm kind of confused. It's not where to go next that I'm confused about, it's more or less what's acceptable to do to the map.

The thing is, MM&M was created for an entirely different purpose than what it's current state is like. When you change a spell, it changes the path of the map entirely. The fact that everything that gets added seems to destroy the map more and more doesn't help one bit.

The fountain was added. - Controversial
The M-Books were added. - Controversial
The M-Spells were created. - Unfinished and Imbalanced

Everything seems to change it so much, and I'm not sure what's good and what's bad. Of course, I could be a total dictator and just edit everything I want, but this is as much Rhys's map as it is mine, and I'm trying to draw a line as to where I need to stop. Let me explain the current situation.

I fixed a whole lot of crap. A whole lot. Thing is, it also broke a few things. For example, the item system no longer works. My course of action under such a circumstance would be to completely remake the item system and fix it, with my own changes to make it fit me, of course. However, when I was talking to Rhys not to long ago, it seemed like removing the dialog for New/Load was fine, but he didn't want the equipment system changed. My view is different. I'd like to revamp it so it's easier to use for new players and to make it have a bit more... slack... if you will. Give it more room to grow. Give it some... flexibility... to change into whatever the future might hold for it.

And that's the thing that confuses me. How far should I truly go with this? Answer the poll, and I can finally get back to mapping.

P.S. There's no "low" or "no" control, because I don't want either of those to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Medium. 60/40 partnership really, give or take 5-10%.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm

I think the shadow squad should decide what happens to the map.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't think anyone should have any say what so ever except for you sin, with my input being highly advisable to what you do but not nearly iron clad and then of course after your done with everything you ship it to me for balancing of what ever you have done.

If you want to remove the fountain, then by all means replace it with a different and unique concept of your own, Ive already agreed with you on the Mbooks, they where the biggest headache for me to balance but I was on that path and given enough time it could be achieved but none the less I will not stop you in any way shape or form. Same goes with the Item system, I thought that the current item system is not broke so don't fix it, which is my basic mentality on most everything with in mmm. If you want to devote time to remaking a new item system then by all means go for it, try not to burn yourself out and JUST IN CASE you do burn yourself please notation everything you do within the code in the event I have to take this back and start working on it constantly again so I don't have to reverse engineer everything your doing and learn it from the bottom up which was the hardest part of the map the first time around for me.

Someone rammed into my house a few days ago and knocked the power lines down, I haven't had power for a few days which is why I haven't been on MSN to talk about this, its all set and I'm back up as of a few hours ago.
Also I'm moving this weekend, I have to call Verizon to get the internet transferred over to the new house but I cant imagine it taking to long, in any event I will be busy the next few days but Ill try to stay on msn in case you want to message me.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 am

Well as much as I can understand the notion of just doing what you want with your own map, I really gotta say it not your map at this point. I mean although the community has always has their opinion filtered they are the only reason the map is still around, the shadow squad being the main figures which kept the game alive. I mean I can understand not blinding following the squads opinions, but I do feel the shadow squad should play a major role in the games development, cause if it wasn't for most the people in the shadow squad, it would be long gone. (even though rhys wasn't technically in it he should be since he was unable to join it.)

wow rhys that sucks, you seem to be really unlucky. Maybe you should go gamble with some pocket cash, maybe all the bad karma will either get run out or help you win Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

I want to choose the "low" option. You shouldn't do anything without running it through Rhys and preferably us. Rhys should have final say.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm

And Im back! With a better internet connection too!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 pm

High-Five
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Yay! We missed you.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm

awesome!!! *goes to high-five but sees jay going to do it, and instead jump kicks jay to steal the high five*
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:41 pm

We could have had like a tri or quad high five montage type thing....Greedy.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:51 am

Doesn't seem as if I have missed much..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 2:19 am

Meh, I think MM&M is finally dead. Although I saw it hosted today.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Meh, I think MM&M is finally dead. Although I saw it hosted today.

Wait, we still play Warcraft 3? Suspect
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I play DotA like crazy. I don't know what planet you're from...
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:03 am

A few things to point out.
1. DotA is fail, just because, i cant play my favorite games anymore.
2. Ok. So MMM is a Hiatus, not like the world is going to end.
3. MMM is not exactly "noob friendly" so, a lot of people just kind of quit
4. Clan MMMR (a sad attempt at a new MMM clan, from its activity) and Clan ZMMM (original) are both inactive, and MMMR came after, with a bunch of words of how MMM will come back up.
5. There is nothing to be confused about. Rhys got a life, and people are kind of backing away from the thought of helping the map
There should be a new poll answer.

Leave it be, only touch it if you are willing to take it all the way.

A job that will only go half way, is not worth doing
Back to top Go down
bestnameever10
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
bestnameever10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:10 am

This used to be my favorite game when I could host but then I lost the ability to host but glad to see the game has new life for now...

Wish people would host this instead of dota I still like this alot and I would be happy to help anyway I can if possible ( I dont know anything about world editor so wouldn't be able to help much.)

Last edited by bestnameever10 on Fri May 29, 2009 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:35 am

Quote :

Because I'm bored and want to be a grammar Nazi, I have decided to point out your comma error:

You basically separated your subject (job) from your predicate or verb (is doing). This is against the prescriptive rules of grammar.

If anyone is curious, "that will only go half way" is an adjective or relative clause which describes "job." In this case, the clause is restrictive (necessary to the meaning of the sentence) and so cannot be set off from the sentence using commas.

Questions?
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:32 am

Seriously..are we gonna trust sin once again?..seriously "brah" wtf We all know this is gonna fail....I want you to have no control..and besides didnt you say you Killt mmm? Why would i trust you with it in fuckin it up more..your just terriable...

Seriously once you finish something you say you will ill respect you but till then nty =\ Sick of gettin my hopes up and only to be let down by "the man" everyone thinks you are.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:53 am

Leave him alone, he's just a scared little boy trying to make his way in the world with his abnormally small attention span holding him back. Don't be angry with him, pity him.
Back to top Go down
Sinistrus
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Just thought I'd mention to the person slamming MMMR: The clan got started around 2 weeks ago has around 35 members and we're drawing people to the game. If you want to play MMM swing by channel Clan MMMR, or /w me. As for the state of the game, I'm still holding out hope, although it's possible that if the new release comes out it'll be so warped that it won't be worth playing.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey man, sounds like fun. I'll drop in to play from time to time. I did notice MM&M being hosted more on Bnet lately, I guess that's you guys. Good job!

What version are you playing btw?
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:07 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
Quote :

Because I'm bored and want to be a grammar Nazi, I have decided to point out your comma error:

You basically separated your subject (job) from your predicate or verb (is doing). This is against the prescriptive rules of grammar.

If anyone is curious, "that will only go half way" is an adjective or relative clause which describes "job." In this case, the clause is restrictive (necessary to the meaning of the sentence) and so cannot be set off from the sentence using commas.

Questions?

Id like to point out that you just ignored the freaking saying, dont get caught up in your grammar games
Back to top Go down
Sinistrus
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:26 pm

We're playing 7.20c, hope to see you guys around!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game - Confused?   State of the Game - Confused? Empty

Back to top Go down

State of the Game - Confused?
Page 1 of 1