Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random MMM rant

Go down 
+6
Zync
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
Rhys
diaster
killll
10 posters
AuthorMessage
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:02 am

Well today..i was think of the glory days..the gooooood days of mmm all day everday...Man oh man...anyways to the point

I relized something about the game...The game wasnt even about skill once the M books came..more of the elements you had...i mean like 3 or 4 people had TRUE skill I mean seriously...Some books were just imba ....we all know this yes...But i use to think i had real skill...but in fact most the time the element i was using ..We all should know this one ....I mean prety much any element i used was imba..Fire/light ....Literally unkillable by anything but a fire mage..and a ice/light mage from high powered Icy orbs....Ice/earth ..8.5 second stun combo + a kiss of ice for about..200 mana cost..combo....Holy/water...Shouldn't have to say anything there....My ice/lighting Slows and stuns and orbs of doom and what not....i wasn't good with it tho...i prety much freeze/orb/purge.....my fav... fre/lightning PEW PEW PEW...what else Lol?..only thing i really used..lol....Untill i found fire/wind...Omg i fell in love with it....but overall i had no skill

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 am

Yes I will agree most the M-books were imbalanced, but I know personally it was difficult to complain about because we were unsure what books were getting m-spells. Rhys has since done his best to balance things out.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 am

Rhys has since lost alot of his drive and motivation to *WANT* to do anything related his younger days.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 am

I miss Azmund.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Me too. He was one of the most fun people to play against. Instant death and stun locks were lame, but they did make the combat a bit more visceral.

I miss MM&M.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 pm

I haven't played MM&M in like over a year!
The truth is that I can never bring myself to play a game of mine once I hand it off for someone else to develop. Most of the changes will piss me off and balance ( in my opinion ) has always been tossed out for people's "new and improved" ideas.

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I miss MM&M.
Seconded ...
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 pm

I refused to play it since I took it, and to be honest I was/am very open about going against the general sentiment of screw balance for what players want, I made alot of balance changes that you'd actually probably like. Of course there are many more.

I cant say that Ive given up on MMM i just need a break for personal reasons that have nothing to do with anyone in this community. No one did anything wrong. I cant promise anythign these days as far as MMM goes.

Ive had alot of recent epiphanies and realizations of life in general lately that effect my ability to code and in general play warcraft 3 or any video game for that matter, I'm 27 years old and I have no more then I did a decade ago except for a new car payment and rent. Ive completely restructured my life during this Month of March and I honestly feel like I'm going into April while for the first time in my life embracing my adult hood. Take that as you see fit. I enjoy immensely talking and playing Dota with my very good friends Kyle, Jess, Jay, Fritz and especially Logan who I confide secrets to even in the face of looking like a horrible person and yet still he is a better friend to me every day. Ill always be available on MSN and will always play a game of Dota every now and then but for the moment I really need to focus on becoming a person that is focused on the future.

MMM is not going to be a public offering like Sin gave it up to the community before, I'm not giving it up to anyone except maybe Zync or pythagoras because those are the people who have as much coding and time invested in it as I do, anyone else will just be wasting there breath I'm sorry but I'm being honest. It's roughly 2 spells away and a few hours of bug work away from being a complete version ready for release, if neither of them want it then the community if it still wants a release will have to wait until I'm ready to get back into my groove which of course there is no promise. This is not an official denouncement of MMM for me, this is just me talking to you (my friends) about how I am feeling and the effects that has on the community, from what I gather alot of people have been wondering and have been a trying to figure the best way to ask me on msn without being to intrusive about it and in the end I feel like I'm a map maker for the community so you deserve to know whats going on.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Rhys wrote:
I'm not giving it up to anyone except maybe Zync or pythagoras because those are the people who have as much coding and time invested in it as I do
Glad to see myself on that list.

I wouldn't want to make it even if I was. It's a very poorly coded map, now that I see how JASS truly is supposed to be done.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:46 pm

lol sin don't even talk about a game with crap code...I swear half the bugs FL has are because mid_highwind couldn't program for crap and that's GUI programming to boot. I mean hasn't pyth like redone half the game code since you had it? would it really be that bad for you to take up the map again? or at least help rhys out?
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 pm

You forget that Sin is just a slight troll at times.

That seemed like a wonderful little poke because Rhys didn't mention Sin in his list; and, thus, Sin's ego got wounded. He wants attention. Perhaps I should qualify that statement with "it seems to me," but I figure that is understood.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:06 am

You'd have to understand Sin and I's relationship to know what he meant, it was completely in jest and I'm surprised it wasn't worse then that. Sin knows I laughed when I read it. He also knows the only reason I didn't say his name is because I am 100% positive he doesn't want it no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 am

If it's not harmful/unfunny, then trolling is okay.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:16 am

if anyone were to take the map from you rhys in my mind it would be sin, from what I've seen of zync and pyth, neither has the will to carry a map very far, pyth in that he gets bored when there aren't bugs to solve and zync gets bored when the map is out of diapers. sin can't deal with maps when they are toddlers and you have a life, which leads me to think only you or sin would be able to work on the map. So far I'm the only person here who has had a map through all the phases of its life >_< and I'm probably one of the worse programmers with the least amount of time on his hands besides rhys. This last part dumbfounds me.
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 am

in lies the problem. MMM was a great map, that was for sure, but like all maps, except DotA, what a load of ..., anyway... i was hoping Rhys would push on till it was finished, and no one else wants to take up the flag. I suggest you guys stop hanging on to MMM like its life or death and pick some other game on this site. I mean look at metal and magic it was made by the SAME PERSON. Stop caring about MMM so much, sure this was a good map, but is it something to dwell on? hardly. The massive amounts of work put into it will linger as long as the people that made it are alive. No one except the people that stared at the face of JASS coding for this map would know how bad it really is. Ask anyone that has opened it, it was a beast.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am

Sin is a huge troll. He probably has his own bridge and everything...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:03 pm

I won't give up on MM&M. I'm perfectly willing to be patient. I can totally sympathize Rhys, get your life in order and work on what's important to you. When you feel like it or get around to it you can come back and revisit MM&M. Until then, I'll try to play when we have enough people and I won't give up hope. But it's a game. Life is life. I haven't even had time to get on WC3 more than a total of about 1-2 hours in the last few weeks because MY life has been acting up and cutting into my game time. (Isn't it horrible how that works out? Sigh...)

So anyway. Enjoy your life, never let anyone else get you down, and keep in touch with your friends. If you do that then I won't complain about a delay.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:04 pm

diaster wrote:
zync gets bored when the map is out of diapers.
I'm kind of curious as to what you mean diaster?

I always thought that I get bored with a map once my concept is developed far enough to tell me how it actually plays ( or would play if it was totally finished ).

With MM&M, this was once I finished like 7 elements, had the Great War functioning along with the elemental islands. Sure I had other concepts, such as the multi-element spell books, but the game was far enough along that I knew how they were going to play, so I moved on to other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:07 pm

Zync, back in the day...you had another "Game type" basd on your "favorite wc3 map" and we all were dying to know what it was and guessing...and you told us to sit back and wait for it to be implemented....Well it's been almost a year, and I still don't think I know what that mode was going to be? I think it was a Hero Defense, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Zync, back in the day...you had another "Game type" basd on your "favorite wc3 map" and we all were dying to know what it was and guessing...and you told us to sit back and wait for it to be implemented....Well it's been almost a year, and I still don't think I know what that mode was going to be? I think it was a Hero Defense, but I'm not sure.
Hell if I remember. And my notes are on my Xp 32 OS, and I don't feel like restarting my computer to boot to it, just to pour over them and remember. However, talking about it ... do you remember those units that use to encircle the island where your farms/farmers were? I think it was some kind of Defense game, defending the Tree of Life or something from an Undead onslaught. But can't be certain. I had so many ideas for that map that never came into being ...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I had asked about those things and you said that they were "just units with notes on them". I guess you were lying to keep the secret. Alright, thanks anyway Razz....was just curious, but not curious enough to truly bother you.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm

that's completely what I meant zync you don't take a map past your idealized completed point, once it is complete enough to get a large crowd you drop it, though you seem to be taking MM further then your previous maps, so this might be the map that proves me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Oh, than ya, you're totally right, lol. I love ideas/knowledge more than using those ideas/knowledge. But that's what you get when you're an INTP ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random MMM rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random MMM rant   Random MMM rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Random MMM rant
Page 1 of 1