Where the old players come back to what once was grand
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 On The Topic of School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 27
Location : Toronto

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Good question comrade. It's because these eggs will be traveling along a mine path. You can't carry the fridge, and even if you could it would only hinder you since it doesn't actually chill the eggs and the weight is unnecessary. By going through this mine field it's better to go in lots of small groups and converge at the desired area to get the maximum number of eggs. By going in one big group, you're much more likely to hit a mine and kill off a large portion of your men, and thereby killing the men holding your eggs. I do agree that once stationary, they should be refrigerated however.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Piddagoras
Map Maker
avatar

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22
Age : 29
Location : California

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
Stop misquoting me.

I was terrified there that I had actually said "BECAUSE THEY WON'T OPPOSE TO OPPRESSION" in one of my extremely tired moments of anti-clarity/stupidity.

I think the funniest thing I just thought of is that Bal could easily be an anchor for Fox news. He always takes things out of context and almost seems to know that saying/posting those things will cause people to freak out. And he NEVER backs up his posts. It's got Fox news written all over it.

Address the entire argument rather than taking things out of context, comrade. (You've got me doing it, Pyth.)

Don't bring Fox News into this unless you're going to talk about how CNN and MSNBC were riding Obama's proverbial cock for the entire election as well.

Besides not wanting to get into an argument about how people who don't watch Fox think Fox sucks, you're correct, I am impressive in the way that I call people "comrade" when they are communist.

_________________

"On the lips, on the mouth, on the floor, reaching out.
On the carpet, on the ceiling, no more words, no more feelings"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 27
Location : Toronto

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

So what you're saying is that all major news networks suck and we should all watch Comedy Central or The Comedy Network and follow Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert?

Also I didn't get this sentence:

Quote :
you're correct, I am impressive in the way that I call people "comrade" when they are communist.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
avatar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29
Age : 107

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:00 pm

LOL, all the posts after mine were funny! I'm so glad it turned out as expected!

Anyways.

Jay.J, AKA: "The Midget Wizard" wrote:
You're so twisted into your mind set, you're fucking etched in stone. You can't be swayed otherwise or even admit there's a possibility you're wrong.

I only had doubts about communism ONCE.

Pyth wrote:
so I just threw out a one-liner about how I don't like the red agenda and called him "comrade", a nickname that I don't believe he was particularly opposed to.

Yeah, I like that nickname. XD

The Midget Wizard wrote:
Hell, Sin doesn't even hold that position anymore. He has a stupider position. Since the worlds going to end in 2012, he doesn't care about school since it doesn't matter. Which is just putting all your eggs in one basket, and even then if he truly did believe that he should be out spending everything he has and getting credit cards that he can't pay back since it won't matter since the worlds going to end, and out partying. Not just....doing nothing. But I digress.

Sin is insane...

Aquaman wrote:
Stop misquoting me.

I was terrified there that I had actually said "BECAUSE THEY WON'T OPPOSE TO OPPRESSION" in one of my extremely tired moments of anti-clarity/stupidity.

ROFL!

Quote :
Address the entire argument rather than taking things out of context, comrade. (You've got me doing it, Pyth.)

Hey, I never said YOU can call me that. Razz

Belial wrote:
Why would you but your eggs in multible baskets? Why not just keep them in a fridge so they wouldn't spoil. I had a rotten egg in my room once, it smelled like a thousand dead skunks filled with horse crap.

Rofl, Belial. Very Happy

Quote :
So what you're saying is that all major news networks suck and we should all watch Comedy Central or The Comedy Network and follow Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert?

Yeah, watch that. XD

The Midget Wizard wrote:
You're not very humble or modest about the topic where you say "O there might be some flaws, but as a race I think we can overcome them" you just....make it seem like communism is actually impossible.

Screw modesty!

Once again, The Midget Wizard wrote:
"I read your post and your post only and agree with you, even though everyone else in the thread completely rips you apart and makes your points null"

YOU DIDN'T MAKE HIS POINT NULL, NOR CAN MAKE ANY POINT/OPINION/POINT OF VIEW NULL.
Geez, Jay, that comment was really stupid.

P.S.: I remark that I only doubted of communism ONCE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 27
Location : Toronto

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Like I said, you're etched in stone. You're stupid for doing so. You can't see any viewpoint than your own. How are you going to function in the world....

Seriously? Screw modesty? And you can. If someone has opinions based on wrong facts, then there opinion is WRONG.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
avatar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29
Age : 107

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Quote :
Seriously? Screw modesty? And you can. If someone has opinions based on wrong facts, then there opinion is WRONG.

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, it still exists, and if anyone believes it, it still has power.

Quote :
Like I said, you're etched in stone. You're stupid for doing so. You can't see any viewpoint than your own. How are you going to function in the world....

I just said I ONCE had doubts about communism...

Btw, I changed my mind, Sin is not all that insane, just partly.

If I believed world is gonna end in 2012 I would do the same thing. (I would also go to Australia. XD)

But what's insane is believing in that old, RELIGIOUS prediction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marxists.org
Bartimaeus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 105

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Ignoring comrade Balnazzar, I actually like some parts of Fox News.

Neil and Glenn are basically the only good ones on there. I'm not sure why they have six million people doing the news, and repeating the same crap over and over, though.

Speaking of Stephen Colbert, Neil has like the same expression on his face as Stephen Colbert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piddagoras
Map Maker
avatar

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22
Age : 29
Location : California

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Glenn, Neil and Papa Bear O'reilly are the most balanced coverage Fox provides, in my opinion. You can see it when O'reilly will play devil's advocate and disagree on certain issues just because he puts so much of himself into the idea that he should be "Fair and Balanced" as he says, even though he's fairly conservative.

_________________

"On the lips, on the mouth, on the floor, reaching out.
On the carpet, on the ceiling, no more words, no more feelings"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
avatar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29
Age : 107

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Lol, create a new thread to talk about that.

P.S.: Bart, the way you post is retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marxists.org
Bartimaeus
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 105

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Balnazzar wrote:
Lol, create a new thread to talk about that.

P.S.: Bart, the way you post is retarded.

Coming from the guy who all he ever says is "LOL", and "ROFL" when somebody posts a counter-argument. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
avatar

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Age : 25
Location : SoCal

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 pm

This is off topic: Thank you, all of you.. Mainly you Bal, for giving me a good laugh whenever I get home, and have something new that you posted for me to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary


Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm

I have watched Fox news and I thought my head would explode.

To be fair, however, I'm relatively certain that the same explodey feeling would present itself were I to watch anything other than The Daily Show or Colbert Report.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 27
Location : Toronto

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm

You're welcome. It's nice to know we have an audience. *Takes a bow*

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
avatar

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Age : 26
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:22 am

Why would you bring eggs to a minefield or better yet why would anyone willingly try to cross a minefield? I guess if you get some random people to run over a minefield it would be fun to watch but the eggs are still unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary


Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:47 am

Metaphors are like eggs.

Some of them can be tough to crack, but they usually lead to something new if they are conceived correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
avatar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29
Age : 107

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:20 am

Lagger09 wrote:
This is off topic: Thank you, all of you.. Mainly you Bal, for giving me a good laugh whenever I get home, and have something new that you posted for me to read.

I know, I'm awesome. Very Happy -Takes a bow-

Belial wrote:
Why would you bring eggs to a minefield or better yet why would anyone willingly try to cross a minefield? I guess if you get some random people to run over a minefield it would be fun to watch but the eggs are still unnecessary.

Yeah, that's a weird metaphor, lol.

Bartimaeus wrote:
Balnazzar wrote:
Lol, create a new thread to talk about that.

P.S.: Bart, the way you post is retarded.


Coming from the guy who all he ever says is "LOL", and "ROFL" when somebody posts a counter-argument. lol!

Go read. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21
Age : 27
Location : Toronto

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Quote :
Why would you bring eggs to a minefield or better yet why would anyone willingly try to cross a minefield? I guess if you get some random people to run over a minefield it would be fun to watch but the eggs are still unnecessary.

It's a metaphor.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On The Topic of School   

Back to top Go down
 
On The Topic of School
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: