Head Admin
Head Admin

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 pm

These are just a list of a few things that are very simple but will IMO be good for the map. Most of these are self explanatory.

1. Instead of 8 every other level, just make it 4 every level. Kind of annoying to wait a level for one skill point. What's the point anyway?

2. Make research time Instant. Why wait for your skill to be researched?

3. Troop AI adjustments. Seriously, just with the "Local Skills". Something simple. It's annoying when your whole team decides let's try to end this now and get the Paladin, and the troops decide to get the Knight. Just something that tells all Troops to target a tower or NPC. Not usable versus Heroes/Other troops. That, or general improvement of AI and having priorities.

4. Armor reduction on NPC's. I realize I have a topic about changing the EHP, however that may require some number changing and stuff - Regardless of that though and the balancing involved with that the armor on NPC heroes is ridiculous. 2 hours into a game your troops do like 100 damage each, but only 50 to the NPC's. With heals, games never end unless someone is trying to lose.

5. Minor tooltip changes, just look through them as I'm not sure if it's all up to date. Same thing goes with Shrine. For example Level 3 Icy Orb says "Reduces mana cost to 405" when it's actually increasing it.

6. Random troop vision. When you're hiding in the bushes in the fog troop can attack you. Or when towers don't have vision troops can attack it.

Meh, that's all for now I guess. I don't think this needs much discussion. But feel free to add your own MINOR suggestions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Number of posts : 2357

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:45 am

#1 Not really important but might be nice.
#2 Yes please.
#3 I agree. One of the two solutions would be nice. Neither should take alot of effort or time.
#4 Yeah, the whole reduced hp and armor for increased spell resistance thing. We need it.
#5 We need another epic check and topic covering them to find them all. Otherwise its just whatever we can think of.
#6 I'm not sure I know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kuro
Clan Chieftan

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:05 am

1. Instead of 8 every other level, just make it 4 every level. Kind of annoying to wait a level for one skill point. What's the point anyway?

This is so that people aren't tempted to just dump all of their SP into the q, w, e, and passive skills.

This is so you can cancel researching if you mis-click. Also I think there may be a glitch if you click to research and save while its researching where you will save but not get that skill.

3. Troop AI adjustments. Seriously, just with the "Local Skills". Something simple. It's annoying when your whole team decides let's try to end this now and get the Paladin, and the troops decide to get the Knight. Just something that tells all Troops to target a tower or NPC. Not usable versus Heroes/Other troops. That, or general improvement of AI and having priorities.

/agree

4. Armor reduction on NPC's. I realize I have a topic about changing the EHP, however that may require some number changing and stuff - Regardless of that though and the balancing involved with that the armor on NPC heroes is ridiculous. 2 hours into a game your troops do like 100 damage each, but only 50 to the NPC's. With heals, games never end unless someone is trying to lose.

/agree
-decrease npc hp
-decrease armor
-increase npc spell resistance to compensate

5. Minor tooltip changes, just look through them as I'm not sure if it's all up to date. Same thing goes with Shrine. For example Level 3 Icy Orb says "Reduces mana cost to 405" when it's actually increasing it.

kay.

6. Random troop vision. When you're hiding in the bushes in the fog troop can attack you. Or when towers don't have vision troops can attack it.

/agree; very annoying-- also, if a tower is attacking your troops, you can't see it. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:31 am

Quote :
This is so that people aren't tempted to just dump all of their SP into the q, w, e, and passive skills.

What?

Quote :
This is so you can cancel researching if you mis-click. Also I think there may be a glitch if you click to research and save while its researching where you will save but not get that skill.

True, never thought of that - but considering you're probably going to get most skills if not everything eventually anyway - I don't think it's that big a problem. Maybe not instant but faster than it is now.

Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Quote :

Not a bad idea, I see no major issue or benefit with this but Ill think it over.

Quote :

Same As Number 1 Answer

Quote :

Tough one, Ill look into coding possibilities of this but in the end this is going to need alot of testing to see if this is actually a good idea or not, even if I ok this one dont expect it to be in the game for awhile.

Quote :

Starting to do this already, next release will have the knights have a reduced armor but not to much else, this will be a step progression so that I can find the right settings for all npcs. My overall feeling is Archer-0 Knight-6 Paladin-12

Quote :

Icy orb specifically i thought i fixed last release but you prob did not play ice since then or did not notice. Anyways I targeted alot of tool tips from nekos thread awhile back but i know there are more.

Quote :

if your near towers there really isn't to much place to hide anyways, also the coding for the troops is incredibly simple, its merely create the troop then tell them to attack towards the other base, thers not much i can on this one.

"Am I the narrow-minded one...or you? I believe in things that have no logical explanation." - Bart, My New Favorite Quoter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Quote :
Icy orb specifically i thought i fixed last release but you prob did not play ice since then or did not notice. Anyways I targeted alot of tool tips from nekos thread awhile back but i know there are more.

No I specifically mention that one because I just played Ice, and it says "Reduce" when you're going from 300 something mana to 405 from level 2 to level 3 Icy Orb.

Quote :
if your near towers there really isn't to much place to hide anyways, also the coding for the troops is incredibly simple, its merely create the troop then tell them to attack towards the other base, thers not much i can on this one.

Hmm, don't think you got me clearly. Go to the top lane, and there are some trees there near the bottom of it headed toward the fountain area. It's a good place to hide and jump someone, but creeps even when they have no vision of that area will attack you there. WITHOUT vision of you. Same goes for towers. Even when there is nothing on your hill, your towers will be targeted by archers. Either towers should give vision when they attack, or archers shouldn't be able to target them without having something go on the hill for vision (or a flare).

Quote :
Not a bad idea, I see no major issue or benefit with this but Ill think it over.

There's a reason that my MINOR suggestions wouldn't have MAJOR impact. It's something that really only affects gameplay in -anns or -an. It's the fact that your hero jumps instead of progressing (Jumps every odd level).

Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Number of posts : 2357

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Btw, just to clarify. That means that the Paladin would have 72% bonus hp from physical attacks and a 1000hp heal. (Armor factors into a direct hp boost when you work it out. It's a simpler way to look at it than the reduction. The math does get complicated when you factor in healing though.)

So anyway, your basically still leaving the Paladin hella hard to kill. I was thinking more like 3 on the Knight and 5 on the Paladin. (Counting the Paladin's aura that should be like +3 or something.)

On top of that, I think that all of them also need a significant hp reduction on the order of 1000 or better. Then some bonus magic resistance like maybe 25% or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minor Gameplay Improvements   

Back to top Go down

Minor Gameplay Improvements
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: