Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is the Most Important next step?

Go down 
+4
killll
Scyon
Dragonheart91
Zync
8 posters

What should be developed next?
A PvP game mode damn it!
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap13%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
More game content ( Shots/Items/Sets )
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap25%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
More creep wave variety
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap16%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
More creep waves
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap0%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wave balance and AI
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap25%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
An AoS game mode
What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_lcap21%What is the Most Important next step? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

What is the Most Important next step? Empty
PostSubject: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:04 pm

As I develop M&M, I plan on adding my things. The order in which I add them however, is not extremely important, so, I want the community's opinion as to what you want to see!

Don't worry about too much detail, but please tell me what you want to see developed next and why.

PS While voting, don't bother selecting all of them.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Better balance, AI, and variety in the creeps. The most important thing IMO is to reduce the amount of creeps that come. Nerfing AoE shots just makes the game harder, as they still have to be used due to the amount of creeps. Something that does 1/4th the damage but hits 5-10 targets per shot is always going to be better. But, if it's only hitting 2-3 creeps per shot, then the single target shots will be more used. Of course some waves like Trolls and certain Undead waves can stay massed sorta as their theme. (Which means that AoE shots would be the counter to those waves.)

After that, an AoS game mode would be fricken awesome. Massive gold gain would be required, and alot of balance changes in the aos mode along with probably no loading, but still it would be fun. It would also add ALOT or replayability to the game. (Which is the problem with the defense genre. Once you beat it it's over.)
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
After that, an AoS game mode would be fricken awesome. Massive gold gain would be required, and alot of balance changes in the aos mode along with probably no loading, but still it would be fun. It would also add ALOT or replayability to the game. (Which is the problem with the defense genre. Once you beat it it's over.)
I was honestly thinking about making the AoS mode much like MM&M, i.e. allowing loading and doing an auto-team-balance based off of levels.
Also, one of the reasons for the addition of Friendly Fire and Hardcore modes, was to add replayability. In fact, in Beta 6.2, if you do "beat" the game in normal or -ff mode, it tells you to try it in the next relative difficulty ( normal->friendly fire->hardcore ). And, if you do beat it in Hardcore mode, than send me the replay! I plan on starting a list of all the players who have beaten the game in hardcore mode, and giving them something special, such as a title, or even a unique unit model ( if I can find one ).
But don't spread the word around too much, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 pm

What is different in Hardcore mode?
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 pm

In Friendly Fire mode, all damaging Shots hit any valid unit they come in contact with, even allies. In Hardcore mode, it is the same, except any healing effect that isn't "smart" ( like Holy Shot ) also hits enemies ( so Divine Shot damages and heals everything, making it totally worthless in -hc ). In addition, you literally only have 1 life in Hardcore. ( i.e. you don't resurrect ) Once you die, you're dead, and can only watch your teammates. ( Kind of like a hardcore character in Diablo II )

This is why, in my opinion, Holy Shot and Replenish Shot are basically the best Shots in the game. Yes, AoE Shots are generally better in Normal mode, because they magically don't effect allies. But try using them on any of the "real" modes, and it takes a real pro to pull it off. Holy Shot and Replenish Shot on the other hand, behave correctly regardless of the mode you're playing.

In case you're wondering, you do get a higher gold reward for these other modes. Friendly Fire has a gold bonus increase over Normal mode by about 40%. Hardcore mode gives you slightly over double the gold that Normal mode gives. The only issue with playing these modes, is that noobs totally screw you over in them. So you should only play these modes if you know the people you're playing with, or are in a game where everyone is loading a decient level Metacian.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm

I voted for more content, i like putting together new combos and stuff, or at least trying to put together new combos. (Or just copying others and then making them personalized to my taste.

Thanks for the in depth description of -ff and -hc, but we do revive in -hc?

I can make it to the kobolds lvl 3 in -hc, but I do to perma stun lol.

What AOS mode?

PVP mode may seem unbalanced? Not sure tho.

Regarding the beginning rounds, sure AOE owns, but once you get to late game, trust me, you gotta use single target shots in order to effectively kill those kobolds and stuff, it would take forever for fireball or divine shot users to kill them.
PS: When ur lvl 99, just buy 2 or 3 shots and use them interchangeably.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm

a HLW type thing?
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 am

I voted for AoS, creep wave balance, and content.

Balance is really important for any game so that needs to come first no matter what!

Next would be content. Content is important for replayability, but it also plays somewhat at odds with balance because as new content is introduced, that content will need to be balanced.

Lastly is the AoS mode because I love AoS modes. They are awesome and I love working with other people in order to achieve an objective. I imagine that the AoS would have to be really fast paced and the vendors would need to be made incredibly efficient so as not to clutter up the map. Of course, that would also need to be balanced but is something that I am interested in, but I may certainly be in the minority. I don't like much PvP action unless it's teams.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:22 pm

I'll state it again: I'm not playing Metal & Magic until PvP is implemented. According to the polls, most of the people who have voted (including Dragonheart, I assume), are, in my opinion, idiots.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Rofl, Sin is such a douche sometimes. Can't say "We agree to disagree" straight away resorts to insults.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
I'll state it again: I'm not playing Metal & Magic until PvP is implemented. According to the polls, most of the people who have voted (including Dragonheart, I assume), are, in my opinion, idiots.
Actually, while there isn't official PvP, you could still "fake" it by turning on friendly fire and going at it, lol. It wouldn't be a game to continue playing and save ( since you get negative scores for damaging allies ), but you could still determine who is the best.
At least in a 1v1. ( If you play with more than 2 high levels, the first wave of creeps would probably roll through the Mortar Teams and interrupt to fight. )
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:06 pm

"At least in 1v1" doesn't really cut it. A team-based PvP is the only thing I'd accept. Currently, there is no such thing. Until it is, I see little reason to play.

Oh, and Jay, you're right. I could've put that more easily, but I felt like ditching on Dragon...
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 am

I voted for
-PvP
-More game content
-More creep wave variety
-An AoS game mode

Aos is similar to PvP; basically, the main thing metal and magic lacks is replayability. PvE = static (unchanging) while PvP = dynamic (changes each time).

More variety would be good-- right now, i've played about... 30 waves, and the only creeps I've seen are: skeletons, ghouls, necromancers, satyrs, golems and furbolgs. That's an average of (30/6) 5 waves of a creep. Now, skeletons, ghouls and necromancers come in sets, so that makes that number less; and most players don't get too far, either.

Game content is always welcome, there can never be too much of that. Basically this is affected by everything else; if there is more variety in creep offense/defense, different guns/shots will be encouraged. PvP/AoS would do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Most Important next step?   What is the Most Important next step? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the Most Important next step?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: