Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

6.2 Experience So Far

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

6.2 Experience So Far Empty
PostSubject: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Ok i have played a few game in 6.2, in which the main change is the 33% reduction in AOE damage. So far I don't mind it because I was high lvl when this changed happened.

But I can comment at the AOE shots have more advantage when swarms of enemies are present.
Only 1 instant where someone was using Sacrifice shot was actually beating me in Score (mainly damage dealt).

The new AI is a lot better than in 6.1, however everyone in my public games are stating that tanks don't actually tank anymore, since the creeps follow the DPSers not the tanks. In fact 5.3 is where I found balance in that the creeps worked more properly when attacking Players vs NPCs.
- overall im pleased with the AI changes but still needs tweaks.

Creeps skills, like their special abilities, I don't get why the game was made harder?
* Necros have Siphon skill - its annoying and it seems to be an unfair punishment to people with Power builds
* Golems have Entangle - this skill is fair
* Furbolg have melee stun - this ability is fair
* Spider have poisen, high damage, and crit - too many abilities, cut 1 or 2 out
* Trolls have high regen and healers - this is good and a fun fair fight
* Baby Dragons have purge - this is fine but impossible to move
* Mature Dragons i think also have purge - this is unfair (or unnecessary since baby dragons have it)
* Boss Dragons have purge, splash damage, and magic immunity - very very difficult, most people in 6.0 had a hard time with these, why make em hader?
* Fel Orc have Feedback (drain mana if they hit you) and crit strike - this is fine (also realized AOE is no longer effective at this point)
* Fel Orc Warlock are ranged creeps with excellent range - no stun ability anymore?? This is quite fair

That's how far I made it without a Tri-barrel, being lvl 99 and using 2 nice lvl 35 healers Smile TY!! Game lasted 30 minutes and was fun and intense.

Things to address
* Gold/Income - I am aware you are gonna double this for 6.3, it is definitely needed.
* Exp Gain - I am not sure if we need more exp gain or keep it the same in 6.2 (since im lvl 99 now)
Just to give an idea of how many saves I have made so far. I have 72 codes saved since 6.1 release, this is almost 1 code per level, since I still need more money to get Tri-barrel and then work up a large saving for testing sets/and builds.
* True Sight - Invisible creeps literally run around town we need True Sight on buildings or on the Motor Teams.

Notes:
I have not tested the new shots, but they seem interesting.
I have not tested the Ice set. The new set is currently called Element set (this is a mistake) please rename it to Ice set or something since I am currently using the real element set LOL!
I don't know if I need to mention this but here goes, range still currently plays no key role in fighting, making all other guns useless, except shotgun and tri-barrel.
I do feel that the 33% drop in AOE has made the single target shots more balance, but I personally would have to test this out, but from game play some shots single shots are doing quite well when matched against AOE shots (thumbs up).

I can't think of anything else, I encourage other to put in their 2 cents of what they think of 6.2 and compare it to older versions of what you like and dislike, aside from the guns are too expensive, which will be rectified when the 2x gold multiplier is added.
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 am

Zync WHAT IS ALL THIS JANGUS ABOUT AI? Why do the CREEPS get AI? Why not make the hero shops do something except sitting on their behinds and watching uther die? Make uther be able to use holy light, make garithos about to use shockwave, make blademaster able to mirror image. Do SOMETHING. The defensive AI is failing badly. The sheer craziness of the hero shops not doing anything is out of control. Make a story, make it SPECIAL, i have no reason to play it except to eventually show off after a game is finally hosted. What makes a good map? story, creativity, pleasing to the eye. Things like that in general you seemed to have failed at the story, the creativity is mehh, its just some rifleman that had weird pellets that have special abilities. Its just a buffed out hero defense. Make it unique!
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm

The problem has come down to this.

(1) it's Beta, so you're right ElderKingpin, I have not done anything with assisting defense AI. Initially, the entire point was for you, the player, to defend, and that included the unit shops. However, because of the huge increase in game content, it does seem about time to attempt to work on defense AI. The issue comes from the plan to increase game diversity, to include completely different game-play ( such as AoS and free for all fighting ) which means I have to develop a system which works in all modes smoothly. i.e. That kind of AI won't occur until more game-play possibilities are implemented.

(2) School hit me hard recently, so while I use to try to get an update out like every weekend or so, I haven't been able to do an update in over a month. In truth I forget what I changed since Beta 6.2, but maybe I'll try to release another version, with at least the gold doubled and make invisible units finish the Paladin.

(3) Even if I did have some time, it wouldn't be enough to do what I wanted. I need a lot. Which means that getting this map completed ( to an official release at least ) won't happen until the summer, when all I have to be doing is work full time.

So my apologies. Nevertheless, if anyone has any more comments, please make them known. I do plan on picking this project back up, once I have time, and if I have comments like these on the forum, it's easy for me to reference them and speed up the process of progress.
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:49 am

well zync, its summer, show me what you got. Games like Card Shuffle, yes you made that, dont deny it ._., i havnt seen anyone mention that you made Card Shuffle. Games like Card Shuffle were good, a lot of variation, things like that. Will you make another map, and let another person rise it to fame? That is my question, dont let the MMM community down.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Zync has been behind 3 medium to large size maps thus far (size going by popularity), card shuffle being his largest success. Zync likes to start games sadly, not finish them past a certain point. And we all know what games Zync has worked on, its not on the forums much cause we all know it and the topics have since been deleted.
Back to top Go down
ElderKingpin
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:04 pm

why do you suppose that he doesnt finish them, i mean, imagine the epic and awesome map that could come out of him finishing a map all the way
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:18 pm

That's just part of his personality I guess. Prefers to start something from scratch and make something unique opposed to building on stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 5:52 pm

ElderKingpin wrote:
why do you suppose that he doesnt finish them, i mean, imagine the epic and awesome map that could come out of him finishing a map all the way

Honestly I'm an idea guy. The mundane activity or adding more items or content to a map of mine quickly bores me.

In essence, I make a map just so far as to see my idea come to life. Just far enough to know how the game would play out if I did actually implement everything I had thought of. But being an INTP, the concept in my head is more real than the playable map I create. So once that internal enforcement shows that I COULD in fact make what I want ( even though it actually hasn't happened yet ) then I am satisfied, and quickly get bored with the mundane. Hence, I never finish a map, and probably never will.

Like Jay.J said, it's just part of who I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6.2 Experience So Far   6.2 Experience So Far Empty

Back to top Go down

6.2 Experience So Far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Warcraft III Hosted Maps :: Metal & Magic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: