AuthorMessage
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:07 pm

diaster, I belive the issue is that you play a Wind/Dark, while the book seems to be a Dark/Wind. A spell with the potential to create so many Skeletons would be a huge plus for a summon focused dark mage, where the damage wouldn't even matter. Getting to the towers on the other teams base, then placing dark wind on the 10 units that spawn in a priest + archer wave, and you have their towers down in a heartbeat. All while summoning skelletons and mages to support your own creeps. Throw in an infernal, and they are totally overwhelmed w/o a water mage w/ dispell magic. You also seem to view M-Books as stand alone, almost disregarding that you have another book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Lagger09 wrote:
diaster, I belive the issue is that you play a Wind/Dark, while the book seems to be a Dark/Wind. A spell with the potential to create so many Skeletons would be a huge plus for a summon focused dark mage, where the damage wouldn't even matter. Getting to the towers on the other teams base, then placing dark wind on the 10 units that spawn in a priest + archer wave, and you have their towers down in a heartbeat. All while summoning skelletons and mages to support your own creeps. Throw in an infernal, and they are totally overwhelmed w/o a water mage w/ dispell magic. You also seem to view M-Books as stand alone, almost disregarding that you have another book.
No I play m-book with this skills in the dam book and it is PATHETIC if the skill that is suppose to be a fusion of the 2 elements can't do a single combo with the book that is suppose to be a fusion of the 2 elements.

Again:
Well rhys I'll stop bugging you about removing this skill if you can do this, which should be simple if the skill really should say. Give me 2 example of combos possible with this skill and other skills in the book, that actually work well. I will drop it if you can do this, otherwise I request you put this skill in the dark/fire book instead.

Unless your going to post a combo for rhys, i expect it to be rhys replying to this post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Number of posts : 2357

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Leave Rhys alone. He does alot already. He will get around to changing it in his own time. (I still like the ability as a remake for Raise Dead or as a remake for Skeleton Mage. -I don't like the microing that they require.-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:29 pm

never!!! I actually am pushing this point cause its not hard to change the animations and what book it is in. Dark wind doesn't even need a new m-spell, suffocate does a fine job and does that weird combo thing I talk about. You know that thing where 2 or more skills work together to do a greater goal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePeoplesChamp
Novice Mage
Novice Mage

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 pm

synergy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhys
Map Maker

Number of posts : 719

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:18 pm

To be fair, Diaster is absolutely correct with the actual ease of changing the spell over, since the coding has already been created the only thing needed to change is the model string and to swap it out to a new book which really is two simple steps that would take me roughly 5 minutes to do.

Of course obviously the difficulty of the task is not what is stopping me from doing it since it is actually so easy to do.

I am not opposed to this I thought I sent you a pm telling you that, but just in case I will restate what I said here again. Basically like everything else that I do I have a system for Balancing, and that system involves monitoring things over a given amount of time to see how the meta game adjusts to the changes. I created the concept of the spell and then I gave it flavor with the model to fit the wind theme then I added a disease like infliction to give it a dark theme, after that i placed it in the Mbook Dark/Wind. Now it has not been in there for more then a week, It has not even been balanced once. I am not personally content with the amount of data available to me on if this spell sucks to just you or to everyone. From what i hear alot of people like it which is a direct conflict to the only reason to take it out which is you diaster asking me to, if you where most anyone else I would be ignoring this thread completely =p

So Like i said before in pm you have two options. First we can Create the Spell you are talking about for Dark/Fire, Im fine with that i actually really like the idea. Or Second we can wait a month or two until a few versions have been out and then revisit this Mspell. However the key here is that there are SO MANY MSPELLS TO MAKE so lets focus on what we dont have right now and not on what we dont like right now.

"Am I the narrow-minded one...or you? I believe in things that have no logical explanation." - Bart, My New Favorite Quoter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:35 pm

I like the spell. I don't think it has enough Wind flavor.

He's just not happy because he lost his Suffocation. It would be nice if the Wind/Dark M-spell had a silencing aspect to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhys
Map Maker

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 pm

I can go for suggestions on minor things to give it a wind feel, i do think that silence has been buffed alot recently and i would like to refrain from putting it on another spell at the moment.

"Am I the narrow-minded one...or you? I believe in things that have no logical explanation." - Bart, My New Favorite Quoter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 pm

alright I guess i can accept that answer, though I'd still love to hear someone come up with a good combo for it Razz And no dragon, its not that the dark wind book lost suffocate its that dark eagle weakened the book imo since it can't combo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 pm

It could slow units under the effect. The problem is that it sounds like you only want Wind flavor in the animation, not the effect. Right now it's an aoe damage spell that makes minions. Dark does single target damage, occasional aoe damage, and minions. Wind does single target disables, silencing, and movement manipulation. It fits Dark just fine, but where's the Wind flavor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhys
Map Maker

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm

it has a minor disable on it already. 2 seconds to all units effected i am not mistaken.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm

2 seconds stun 3 power dmg and skeles. Heck its hard for the book to even spawn the dang skeles cause of how weak the damage is on it, and the 2 sec stun is really sad since the book has no range really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eagle   

Back to top Go down

Dark Eagle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: