Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark / Wind Changes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Dark / Wind Changes Empty
PostSubject: Dark / Wind Changes   Dark / Wind Changes EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Alright, so I just got my dark wind mage to 58 last night, and well to put it frank, the mage sucks. The 2 things this mage had going for it were, its ability to get in and out of combat, and its ability to destroy a single target, and with Rhys removing invisible it pretty much lost both, because he though it a good idea to also remove unholy aura.

Currently dark/wind moves as fast as a regular wind mage, which granted is faster then a regular mage, but its still not enough to do any real dodging, or fast enough to weave in and out of battle. For movement abilities, all it is left with now it Windwalk, which still sucks compared to crack. The build used to use invisible to sneak in (if there were no fire mages) assassinate the target and sneak out, if the enemy acted slow enough (which in groups of 3+ you almost never got out alive) Now you have no way to get close to the target w/o an icy orb up ur ass. Sure they can kill a single target 9 times outta 10, but they have almost no means to use any of their skills because of the range restrictions. I realize you removed invisible from the books for balance purposes, but you really just killed a mediocre class, where as fire lightning, can just crack in ur face and kill you with 2 stomps. I honestly don't see how it is fair.

tl;dr put the dark/wind m-book back to the way it was. It sucks now.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: I Zap You

Dark / Wind Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark / Wind Changes   Dark / Wind Changes EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm

I have to agree with this. I believe it deserved at least the dark aura.
Back to top Go down

Dark / Wind Changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: