Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST Empty
PostSubject: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 pm

I don't think anyone can dispute the use of tri-barrel being the BEST gun in game by a HUGE margin compared to all other guns, and I just realized why!

Lets ignore mana cost to shoot and range (distance from enemy creep), just purely look at DPS.

in 6.0 the cool down to shoot tri-barrel is 1.3, and the triple shot is on a 5.5 seconds cool down.

Using some simple math, i was able to discover the bullets per second shot. (also known as projectiles coming out of the gun per second)

If you added 1.3 to 5.5 that gives you 6.8 seconds to use both shots from Tri-barrel, and the number of projectile/bullets that come out is 4.

4/6.8 = 0.588

This means Tri-barrel is effectively shooting bullets/projectile at 0.588 seconds (half a second). Again, you are effectively shooting a projectile every half a second.

now once you factor in Range and Mana cost, who cares, divine shot will take care of everything, and just have someone purchase Rep. Shot to fix all your mana problems. Or just simply use Element Set + Robe of the Magi with a high Power build and you will be good to go.

So this shows mathematically how efficient this gun is at killing, it also shows how effective the other guns needs to be, in order to compete at the same level, this is why, no one uses Master rifle or Master Sniper, they both simply don't shoot fast enough! Nor does the current range and power bonus make up any difference to the close up fighting style of Tri-Barrel.

HENCE, I made my suggestions for 6.2, which may help the other guns become more effective. If Tri-barrel was further nerfed, this game would be impossible to beat, and if Divine shot was further nerfed, this game would be even more impossible to beat.

PS: My initial estimate in terms of cool down for Master rifle was 0.7 seconds, but I put 1.0 seconds in my suggestion because I thought that would be more reasonable...but after this calculation...0.7 cool down may seem more adequate.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeah, I'm ok with Tri-barrel as it is, but the other guns need buffs. We need more guns that can lay down more DPS, because as you said, nothing deals as much DPS as Tri-barrel simply because of how fast it shoots.

More guns with more interesting features please.

Oh, and if you want to nerf Tri-barrel, you could have either shot it does trigger the cooldown of both of them. So if you do the normal shot, you can't shoot either for 1.3 seconds, and if you do the Tri-shot you can't shoot either for 5.5 seconds. This makes sense from a flavor standpoint as well because you would have to reload each barrel you used.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 pm

I agree with you Dragon, only problem with that nerf you came up with (even tho it make 100% sense), is that you have now decreased the efficiency of the Tri-barrel, to the point where by you will get owned late game by creeps.

The only reason why you can beat this game (even tho i have yet to beat it) is because Tri-barrel can output the most DPS, by making it slower, you will never beat this game lol!.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 pm

You can't just "trigger a cooldown" on another skill. Sorry.

Your shot rate per second is 1/1.3+3/5.5, which is NOT 4/6.8. Giving the Tri-Barrel a total shot rate of 940/714, assuming latency and human reaction time are not in effect. Which is approximately 1.32 shots per second, or 1 shot per 0.76 seconds.

//IGNORE THE NUMBERS BELOW THIS THEY ARE INACCURATE TO DEMONSTRATE HOW HIS MATH WAS INCORRECT//
The number you present as the time per shot isn't even in the correct units. You're presenting a rate as a time. EVEN IF your algebra weren't whacked out, it would be 68/40 seconds per shot, which is one shot every 1.7 seconds. Obviously, if you actually knew what you were doing, you could easily see that 1/1.7 is less than the SINGLE SHOT RATE of the Tri-Barrel which is 1/1.3
//STOPIGNORE//

If all you're going to do is put some numbers on the screen and call it math, why would you post?

I apologize for the harsh tone, but srsly.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Actually your right, i realized my math was wrong, a while ago, but you mention some really good points of latency and human reaction time which i din't factor in, so yes do ignore my calculation, but do take the fact that this thread shows how efficient the tri-barrel is.

Thanks for the correction and insight.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Damn it... he (Scyon) only has 29 posts and I already wanna kill him...

Btw, the other guns (Master Rifle, Sniper, Etc.) need a buff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 pm

tri-barrel shoots three.

sniper rifle should do something as such (possibly: piercing, bleeding, faster bullet speed, etc)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm

A Natural ability for sniper would make it a little more effective in terms of killing. I agree, I don't think increased bullet speed would do much, but i like that idea since your targets are moving. and you don't want to miss when you shoot. Each shot missed is extremely costly to a sniper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST   Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST Empty

Back to top Go down

Mathematical Explanation to Why Tri-Barrel is BEST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: