Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) Empty
PostSubject: Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)   Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 pm

I may be wrong but the Metacian character states power increases damage....but yet if you have a essesnce based shot, and you put more skill points into power, your damage will actually not go up??

So, I would like to know the formula in how damage is calculated.

Or the text on the Metacian should state increase power for power based shots, increase damage for essense based shot (for Power Statistics and Essence Stat respectively).

Unless I have this all wrong, please correct me and ignore this post :S

Otherwise the text in the Power Statistics is quite misleading and potentially downright wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)   Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Well, most shots rely on Power. But actually it would be nice if all shots had some Power multiplier even if they weren't based on it. Maybe +.1*Power to all shots that don't currently use Power. (It doesn't have to be in the tooltip or anything, just add it into the code.)
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)   Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes I agree with you Smile Thats what I was thinking Smile.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)   Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Well, as for the tooltip I think you guys are getting far too picky.

Nevertheless, the idea of adding like a 10% Power bonus to all Shots that don't previously use Power is not a bad idea. In truth, the only thing it could do is increase the strength of Shots based on other things ( Blood Shot, Mana Shot, Blink Shot, etc. ), and make the Power bonuses given by Guns always matter ( like the high bonuses of the Master Guns ) at least a little.

I will make a note of it. It should be in the next release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)   Potential Flaw (Not a major issue) Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential Flaw (Not a major issue)
Page 1 of 1