Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mana Builds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Mana Builds   Mana Builds EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Due to damage to a Mana Shield not being counted, Essence Shot being kinda weak, and other people not being able to heal your mana, Essence mages are pretty bad. I think they should have more of a support role maybe. That could be done with something similar to Essence Shot but which also regenerates the mana of allies in a large aoe. That and/or let damage to their mana count and/or make some other kind of mana regenerating shot.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mana Builds   Mana Builds EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Ya, I do agree actually. ( Although, the Mana Set does have an AoE mana replenish. )

My current plan is to give Essence a more active role in dealing damage and effects with various Shots. In addition, I am going to add more Sets that actually cast spells, which will obviously favor an Essence build, due to the need for large quantities of mana.
I also think it would be nice to "revisit" some of the already made Shots ( such as Entangling Shot ) and make durations based on Essence ( like cold effects are ) instead of being a constant.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mana Builds   Mana Builds EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 pm

I realize they have Brilliance Aura and Replenish, but it still seems to fall short compared to the other two builds.

That sounds like a good change, although a mana regeneration shot would still be nice. (And also, your gold system doesn't account for mana stuff at all. It just does hp. Maybe a way to work that in so that support builds that focused on mana could actually get money too?)
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mana Builds   Mana Builds EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Honestly, I planned on Mana tanking to not count in the gold reward initially, and I'm still up in the air about it. Maybe I should make the Mana Shield abilities only tank 50% of the damage? That would give some benefit. But if I added the Mana damage taken to the gold rewarded, than I could NEVER allow a rapid firing gun. It would just be too much stacking.

Although, a Mana replenishing Shot isn't a bad idea, and I don't remember thinking of it, so I will certainly write it down and hopefully get to it by the next release.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mana Builds   Mana Builds EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Well, that just makes it harder on any Mana mage. If that's intentional I guess it's ok. You could also include a gold stat for Mana Regenerated just like Health.

Also, I think that the Mana Replenishing shot should also burn mana from enemies and have a VERY large aoe. It would also be nice if more enemies used mana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mana Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mana Builds   Mana Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Mana Builds
Page 1 of 1